Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I dunno, I've just never met a guild that didn't expect to me the top priority in my life. Even random casuals guilds.

Actually, after I was kicked from that guild, I did join another small guild as a casual (because my wife was in it) and got largely the same attitude once they realized my previous experience. Suddenly if I wasn't showing up for their raids, I was doing something wrong. (I eventually just left because I got tired of the hounding over it)

Just never been in a guild that was seriously just "casual" about things. Especially once some of the leadership decided they wanted better loot or something.
    Actually had a similar experience last night. I've taken a bit more leadership role during raid nights (my RL friend has pretty done it solo since Wrath and I wanted to take a more active role this expac to help him out as we aren't jobless scrubs no longer), and it's exhausting for me to do that. So, after the M/T/W raid nights, I decided to chill last night and just goof off.

Holy. Shit. The fact I wasn't running mythic+ with everyone was unacceptable. And we barely run Heroic level content (we have a, let's say, range of skill in the guild). I just don't think people realize how much more effort it takes to lead something than to just do your role in the fight. It's like a passenger complaining you can't continuing driving another 12 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't know what kind of guilds you've been in then. I sometimes have to miss a raid and I just give some notice or if its an emergency just text the GM. Hell we had 2 people just not show up at all yesterday with nothing said and they are still in the guild.
    I'd certainly bench people for a night for not showing up with nothing said. There are too many avenues of communication available to not show the others that courtesy. But I don't reward bad behavior.

Basically. The game is very different depending on how you approach it. The people who treat it as a "Second Life" thing - or as the engine for their social interaction - really don't play the same game as those of us who just see it as a simple video game and log on to just have fun playing a game.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't forget it, I've just been there and done that and I don't need to do it anymore. I'm too old to join a video game group that expects to be the chief priority in my life.

Sure, when I was a teenager, that was fine. The guild I was in back in EQ all had each others telephone numbers and we were all on-call 24/7 pretty much if something important popped or another faction/guild was trying to do something, etc etc.

Hell, my last WoW guild - despite being a fabulous raiding guild and getting tons of realm firsts and being a very capable guild overall - ended up kicking me simply because I needed a single night off (a farm night, no less) due to my wife being sick. 100% attendance up to that point for two tiers, but an instant kick when I said I couldn't make a farm night due to having a life outside of them.
    You pick shitty guilds m8, Ive played every xpac, sometimes straight through, sometimes with pretty big breaks middle of an xpac, every time Ive found a great place to call home and never have I seen any guilds even half as strict as you claim they all are.

If you run into a bad guild, maybe they were a bad guild.
    If you run into bad guilds all the time, maybe you're a bad guild member?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I'd certainly bench people for a night for not showing up with nothing said. There are too many avenues of communication available to not show the others that courtesy. But I don't reward bad behavior.
    Well to be fair they were probably going to be riding the bench that night.

Nobody gets kicked from a guild after 1 missed raid in 2 years. Guarantee there were other issues leading up to that.

Everyone loves saying this for some reason, but it has never worked at all for me, so there's that. "Make your own group" as a 830 (or lower) DPS and watch the screen for two hours waiting to get a tank and healer at the same time, woo.

Literally successfully "made my own group" one time this expansion so far, and that was with me tanking, my wife healing, and a friend as DPS, so we only needed two DPS.

So yeah, might as well pay gold for a "carry" rather than waste my free time every night, no?
    If you have 830 ilvl, you just aren't trying, you can easily get at least 840 from WQ alone.

Oh, this again.

This is why I hate forum discussions, you end up going in circles explaining the same shit to new people every five posts. (Not to mention that 830, 840, whatever doesn't even matter in the topic anyway, it's all considered "behind" and someone will jump into tell you, "Well if you're X you're not trying!")
    I mean I haven't done a single heroic or mythic dungeon on my druid and I'm 841 ilvl. All i've done is normals for quests and just standard WQs for gear. Not a single piece of purchased gear.

The game has been out for a month ... if you don't have 840 ... you aren't trying, period. I don't know what to tell you.

And if you don't have 840, then you clearly don't care about getting gear, so why do you even care about doing mythics?

And you're "not trying" to read, obviously. I already have characters over 840. That wasn't the point of the discussion at the time

(Also, WQ's are wildly variable on what they give people, so yeah. Really wish people would get off of this, "I only did WQ's and I got 850 and a legendary! Just try! lolsmileyfaceheartpracesign!")
    WQs are the same for everyone it's based on your current ilvl. Good job not knowing anything about the game at all.

I didn't say anything about legendaries. Nice strawman. Solid effort.

I don't forget it, I've just been there and done that and I don't need to do it anymore. I'm too old to join a video game group that expects to be the chief priority in my life.

Sure, when I was a teenager, that was fine. The guild I was in back in EQ all had each others telephone numbers and we were all on-call 24/7 pretty much if something important popped or another faction/guild was trying to do something, etc etc.

Hell, my last WoW guild - despite being a fabulous raiding guild and getting tons of realm firsts and being a very capable guild overall - ended up kicking me simply because I needed a single night off (a farm night, no less) due to my wife being sick. 100% attendance up to that point for two tiers, but an instant kick when I said I couldn't make a farm night due to having a life outside of them.
    Sounds like you're joining the wrong kind of guilds. 35 year old married raider here and I honestly wouldn't play this game if I didn't have a good guild. It's not just about having regular people to do activities with, it's about the social aspect of playing a MMORPG. That being said though, I don't join guilds that "expect to be the chief priority in my life". I did the server first guild thing for a while too. I enjoyed the competitive side of it, but have no patience for people giving me grief when I miss a single raid in a six month period due to RL stuff (with 3 weeks advanced notice given). So now I'm in a pretty casual guild, raiding 2 nights a week and I don't worry about whether or not I'll still have a raid spot when I have to miss a night once in a blue moon. I still pug stuff outside of raid nights from time to time because we don't all have the same schedules, but being in a guild you like makes the game 100x more enjoyable imo.

Well it is a "carry"

If someone wanted to actually do the dungeon and play through it, they'd probably form their own group instead of making sure that only 4 people get all the +2 keystones to themselves. Having to do the dungeon with just the 4 of you should be a small price to pay for shafting anyone else who wants to do +2 or 3's but doesnt have one, and doesnt have a group of butt-buddies to roll with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Typical response from an entitled dps. If you want fast groups you need to play a desired role. Otherwise deal with staring at the group finder for "2 hours" or join a guild. If you don't want to be bothered then don't complain about not getting groups.

God forbid you need some social interaction and motivation to get something accomplished.
    Oh, I'm not necessarily complaining. I didn't do a single mythic in WoD, and I won't be doing any in Legion. I only do things I can solo or enter a random queue for.
    Everything that can't be waits for the next xpac when I outlevel it.

By no means will I be nudged into joining a loot clique... "cough"...pardon me, a guild. My time in game is my own.

And yes, indeed, God forbid, as you said. Those things that require a regular group can go f off. I'll do them when I sufficiently outlevel them. Until then, my game is clearing all quests, getting explorer, random heroics, world quests, LFR, and soloing old raids.

Does it make you angry that there is neither carrot nor stick that can entice me into your guilds, gear snobs?

Too bad.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    Where are those carry groups??? Never find them on {EU}

this is kinda extreme example but ye at some point you get to the point when you just cba to deal with the shit that some random 20something burger flipping dude throws at you just because you did 1 or 2 fuck ups .

also lol at people who say "join a guild" ye sure join a raid guild as social and then be treated as casual filth by raiders who do stuff with other raiders instead of socials because "gearing raiders has priority" - people who are part of raid group often have no clue how inclusive they behave in there excluding 99 % of socials out of any activity unless they are their rl friends,

even preach in one of his latest videos admited that even his guild had negative review from social members that they didnt see nay difference between cespool guildsand his guilds and in both enviroments nobody cared for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rawkfist View Post
    You pick shitty guilds m8, Ive played every xpac, sometimes straight through, sometimes with pretty big breaks middle of an xpac, every time Ive found a great place to call home and never have I seen any guilds even half as strict as you claim they all are.

If you run into a bad guild, maybe they were a bad guild.
    If you run into bad guilds all the time, maybe you're a bad guild member?
    there is no way to evaluate how the guild is before you join them - sometimes realising what it really is takes weeks/months - very often you put in months of effort only to relaise that rl/gm and their cliques just use everyone in guild for their own benefits and once you dont benefit them anymore they will toss you aside like used rug - very many players have been burned out like this and just cba to try anymore because its not worth time / effort investment
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-09-30 at 11:12 PM.

It's supply and demand. There is a large demand for low keystones to plow through, and a high supply of people wanting easy runs. Win/win for everyone. Not really fair to call it an infestation. P.s. I love all the loot ive gotten from carrying people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    It's supply and demand. There is a large demand for low keystones to plow through, and a high supply of people wanting easy runs. Win/win for everyone. Not really fair to call it an infestation. P.s. I love all the loot ive gotten from carrying people.
    It's Friday n I can't find a single boost team...maybe this works on Horde side...

While it's not the perfect system, the boosting is generally pretty good for both parties. The people getting boosted get a chance of loot and a nice amount of AP just like the boosters do, and get to have a generally quite smooth run to 3 chests. For people with little time this is often prefered over pugging where the chance of failing or only getting 1 chest is significantly higher.

We had so many keys last week to use that we didn't need to pug but this week with most of our keys at 8 or higher as well as the affixes being really shitty for our setup we tried out looking for people with keys and it was really surprisingly easy to find people, usually we would get several whispers within seconds of signing up. People seem pretty happy with the runs, they get to have a smooth run to 3 chests while performing at the level they are able to and often end up with more gear than they would if they pugged as we give them whatever drops they need that we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    It's Friday n I can't find a single boost team...maybe this works on Horde side...
    I'm alliance, and I do runs all of the time. If you can't find any groups carrying rn, you can make a group yourself and say something like "My key your carry +2/3 (instance here)"

Everyone loves saying this for some reason, but it has never worked at all for me, so there's that. "Make your own group" as a 830 (or lower) DPS and watch the screen for two hours waiting to get a tank and healer at the same time, woo.

Literally successfully "made my own group" one time this expansion so far, and that was with me tanking, my wife healing, and a friend as DPS, so we only needed two DPS.
    Yeah, people who say this have zero idea what they are talking about. "Making your own group" as a low-geared DPS class just doesn't work. Why would any healer or tank join that group?

And you can't "make your own group" for mythic+ anyway since you need a keystone. After your initial keystone gets bumped up to +4 or +5 nobody is going to help you unless you're lucky enough to get maw of souls.

I have to admit - with the community attitude toward item level - that even on my 830+ alts I've been tempted to just pay for mythic "carries" and basically do fuck all and get some gear upgrades.

I mean, according to the community I'm useless and shit at that item level anyway, I might as well just behave accordingly. :|
    If I get a quest for a mythic I will only ever ask for 835 and I tell the group before it starts, if we wipe for whatever reason, shit happens..if they don't like it they can leave (I'm 859 but I won't exclude people for a fast run)

So yeah, might as well pay gold for a "carry" rather than waste my free time every night, no?
    Umm I think you are doing something really wrong there then.

I have ALWAYS made my own Mythic and Mythic+ grps (even EN normal raids) and I've gotten my grps full always quite fast. I only use the Group Finder (no Tradechat)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    While it's not the perfect system, the boosting is generally pretty good for both parties. The people getting boosted get a chance of loot and a nice amount of AP just like the boosters do, and get to have a generally quite smooth run to 3 chests. For people with little time this is often prefered over pugging where the chance of failing or only getting 1 chest is significantly higher.

We had so many keys last week to use that we didn't need to pug but this week with most of our keys at 8 or higher as well as the affixes being really shitty for our setup we tried out looking for people with keys and it was really surprisingly easy to find people, usually we would get several whispers within seconds of signing up. People seem pretty happy with the runs, they get to have a smooth run to 3 chests while performing at the level they are able to and often end up with more gear than they would if they pugged as we give them whatever drops they need that we don't.
    Tbh, if people do not have the time to Play the game, then... they shouldn't play the game.

Sry, but boosting was and is the cancer of online gaming.

Deleted
    It's both funny and sad to see all the people posting in here that are actually the one getting carried feeling the need to make excuses for themselves haha.

"It's impossible to make my own group, I don't want to join a guild yada yada" the list goes on.

Just admit you're bad, nothing wrong it, but making excuses is sad.