Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I still have things I "want" to do on my main, mostly raid based. ( retired/casual ) so things take a little more time. I have a few evenings with a few friends running some keystones, I haven't begun the fishing artifact, and then there is the slooooowwww rep grind that's gating my professions along with Nomi's ( I want to smash the Fat Panda's paws with a hammer) RNG gating my cooking.

I'm a little bored, but hardly out of stuff to do. I just can't do it all at once. Now there are go get my alts to 110 (one of everything) just to see the Artifact quests for all three. That'll take me a few months-or a year.

Legion has longevity to it. LFR is total trash and felt like it, I won't be doing that again. (really feels nothing like the raid, besides spider's annoying voice)

I'm looking forward, I have ALOT I want to do before the next tier.

bored? Nah. Tired of what I've been doing for a month? YES. time to change it up is all.

OP probaly is one of those no guild solo players.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The grind is not very entertaining.
    Every expac was a grind, including original WoW. If people are turned off by grinds and repetition, perhaps MMOs are not for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Oh yes. I wish they'd remove the heroic difficulty and make mythic a part of the LFG tool, and mythic+ can remain as something you manually search for.
    When I get
    "declined"
    "declined"
    "declined"
    "declined"
    "declined"

over and over, it's disheartening.

Of course, I guess I could play a healer or tank instead, but I've never really enjoyed those roles and find myself a lot more confident as a dps. Well, that and the Cata heroics as a shaman healer in 329 gear (the then requirement) was rather traumatising. The other option is also to make my own group, but again, you get the problem with a lack of tanks/healers that want to join my run. Also hate leading, ugh, but seems to be the only option for now. One month in to Legion and I haven't done a single regular mythic
    MAybe the problem is not in the game, just maybe... you don like lead, you dont like tank, you don like heal... you like pewpewpew and i have some new for you, almost 80% of player are dps, so... make your numbers

ppl want all for free, if you dont get enough gear, go normal then go heroic and get the best of it, then maybe with some gear group ll pick you. Dont blame the game or other players for your failures.

if you put Mythic+ in LFR ppl cant pick which class or gear want on his premade... and the difficulty from the content demands it. Cant make mythic with a random group. If Mythic go to LFR, you ll be matched with ppl undergeared like you and maybe you'll never finish the doungeun.
    Last edited by gonzajd777; 2016-09-30 at 07:50 PM.

Not getting bored yet. Leveling my third character to 110 though only one is geared well enough for raiding (845). Still working on experiencing as much of the game as possible before I find something I want to main for long term.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    And that means you're not allowed to have enough fun things to do?

I'm a solo player as well and I'm kind of bored.
    World Quests got old really fast, so I only do the Emissary Quest, I completely ignore dungeons except for a few mythic+ when I feel like it and I ignore LFR, because there are absolutely no worthwhile rewards thanks to WQs. I'm at 853 and almost all of my equipment came from WQs.

They took away every reason for me to do dungeons and the only PUGable raid (NHC) offers so little item increase that I can't be arsed. Getting a new item feels just the same as dragging an item into a window and spending 500 Valor to upgrade it. It's just... meh.

So yeah, there's stuff to do, but nearly all of it feels irrelevant. And thus I am bored.

And alts are in a weird place. I leveled one other character to 110 but I can't be bothered to do another one because of the absolutely overwhelming amount of things I would have to do until I can fully enjoy that character. There's just so much to do with every character that it completely kills my interest in leveling another one.
    Last edited by mmocddf8d25f42; 2016-10-01 at 07:58 AM.

I don't get to play enough each day to get bored with it.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    And that means you're not allowed to have enough fun things to do?

I'm a solo player as well and I'm kind of bored.
    World Quests got old really fast, so I only do the Emissary Quest, I completely ignore dungeons except for a few mythic+ when I feel like it and I ignore LFR, because there are absolutely no worthwhile rewards thanks to WQs. I'm at 853 and almost all of my equipment came from WQs.

They took away every reason for me to do dungeons and the only PUGable raid (NHC) offers so little item increase that I can't be arsed. Getting a new item feels just the same as dragging an item into a window and spending 500 Varlor to upgrade it. It's just... meh.

So yeah, there's stuff to do, but nearly all of it feels irrelevant. And thus I am bored.

And alts are in a weird place. I leveled one other character to 110 but I can't be bothered to do another one because of the absolutely overwhelming amount of things I would have to do until I can fully enjoy that character. There's just so much to do with every character that it completely kills my interest in leveling another one.
    Wow, a solo player bored in a MMO! More news at 11!

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Every expac was a grind, including original WoW. If people are turned off by grinds and repetition, perhaps MMOs are not for them.
    Yes and no. For the .001% hardcore raiders Vanilla was a big grind. But for most just getting to max level was the goal. That's the fundamental shift of the game. In Vanilla I didn't raid. When I saw someone in tier gear I was impressed, not envious. The danger in lowering the carrot for everyone to chase is that now the game is a grind for everyone. Instead of focusing on the experience it's all about the end goal. It's just the natural progression of an mmo. I'm not even saying it could be avoided. But let's face it...at a certain point people get tired of running the same content over and over. A new expansion is just slightly re-skinned dungeons, raids, and quests. There's nothing really new anymore. The novelty wears off and you're doing the same thing you were doing last expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    Exactly, if people haven't noticed the game has become like all the other Blizzard games. It's designed for the short attention span people. Just look at Overwatch, Hearthstone, Diablo, etc. You login for a few minutes, do a quest and log out. It's basically the same design as mobile games.

It seems Blizz dev thinks everyone likes mobile games and lacks the attention needed for extended game play.

Remember the days of Blackrock Depths? The dungeon that took around 4 hours to clear. Yah, those days are long gone.

- - - Updated - - -

When a game starts to feel like a job, that's when people quit. Sadly that time has already come for Legion. It seems the time between expansion launches and people realizing what they have keeps getting shorter and shorter.

Yes, I remember BRD very well. I tell you, I have very little time to play WoW these days. However, I would much rather crawl through a high adventure labyrinth of a dungeon during the few hours of game time i get than run through multiple 5 minute rush fest dungeons that we do today.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this expansion would benefit from a weekly cap on artifact power, to relieve some pressure. That way I could hit the cap by doing what I want to instead of the same world quests over and over again.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Yes and no. For the .001% hardcore raiders Vanilla was a big grind. But for most just getting to max level was the goal. That's the fundamental shift of the game. In Vanilla I didn't raid. When I saw someone in tier gear I was impressed, not envious. The danger in lowering the carrot for everyone to chase is that now the game is a grind for everyone. Instead of focusing on the experience it's all about the end goal. It's just the natural progression of an mmo. I'm not even saying it could be avoided. But let's face it...at a certain point people get tired of running the same content over and over. A new expansion is just slightly re-skinned dungeons, raids, and quests. There's nothing really new anymore. The novelty wears off and you're doing the same thing you were doing last expansion.
    Pretty much this. We were impressed and inspired when we saw someone wearing raid epics. But sometime during WoW's lifespan people went from inspired to envious. That's when the whining started. The end result is what you see now.

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    To be fair that was largely due to travel restrictions. Do you remember how long it took to connect the top half of a continent with the bottom?
    Hardly true in TBC, which was smaller and had flying mounts from the get-go.

And regardless, I find it's still a strong point. Classic was much more in tune with the world, unlike the complete disconnection I feel in Legion (and in WoD). I didn't mind that I had to travel for some time to go anywhere, it made the world bigger and slowed down the pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    Okay then, tell me about all this magnificent content that people had that caused them to remain interested in the game for months and months.

Spoilers: You won't because you can't.
    Simple fact : they weren't bored. You can try all manner of bullshit forum warrior attempts, you're still wrong.
    The difference being mainly in general design which made content last much longer and be much, much more immersive and rewarding (of course you wouldn't know, you were not here and only know Vanilla through the garbage spoken on the forums).
    Yes and no. For the .001% hardcore raiders Vanilla was a big grind. But for most just getting to max level was the goal. That's the fundamental shift of the game. In Vanilla I didn't raid. When I saw someone in tier gear I was impressed, not envious. The danger in lowering the carrot for everyone to chase is that now the game is a grind for everyone. Instead of focusing on the experience it's all about the end goal.
    Quoted for truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Yes, I remember BRD very well. I tell you, I have very little time to play WoW these days. However, I would much rather crawl through a high adventure labyrinth of a dungeon during the few hours of game time i get than run through multiple 5 minute rush fest dungeons that we do today.
    Completely agree. Thought exactly the same since I facerolled through WotLK 5-man loot showers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple fact : they weren't bored. You can try all manner of bullshit forum warrior attempts, you're still wrong.

The difference being mainly in general design which made content last much longer and be much, much more immersive and rewarding (of course you wouldn't know, you were not here and only know Vanilla through the garbage spoken on the forums).
    So you're admitting to having zero evidence of this supposedly immersive content that caused players to not be bored? I'm surprised that you couldn't even come up with a single example of great, immersive, rewarding content, since there was obviously so much of it in Vanilla/TBC.

Stop trying to avoid answering the question, you coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    So you are bored, because there isn't much to do, but you cba with alts because there would be too much to do on them and it overwhelms you? What kind of logic is that?

Seriously, slow down. You feel like you need to do too much stuff to fully enjoy your alt, but if you get your alt to the same spot your main is, wouldn't you feel like there isn't anything to do on your alt? Did you even stop to think what is it you actually enjoy doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Good news: Ret's hidden appearance unlocks at AK6! People are getting it now.
    ... well, there goes my evening!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    Raid with a Normal/Heroic guild. Still don't like the raid itself. Guild is a brilliant bunch of people though.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    So you are bored, because there isn't much to do, but you cba with alts because there would be too much to do on them and it overwhelms you? What kind of logic is that?

Seriously, slow down. You feel like you need to do too much stuff to fully enjoy your alt, but if you get your alt to the same spot your main is, wouldn't you feel like there isn't anything to do on your alt? Did you even stop to think what is it you actually enjoy doing?
    I think what he might be saying is that the tasks you must do on each alt are just not entertaining. Having to do them more than once is something like pulling your fingernails out with pliers. Could be that the overall game design creates boredom due to its repetitive task-based nature. Just a guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    I'd be enjoying this expansion a lot more if the alt situation wasn't so brutal.
    Agreed. Im glad theirs stuff to do at max level id just like to be able to actually do it on more than one toon.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Do you have any idea how many people would quit if they made the main focus on leveling. They slowed down the pace you level in Legion and so many people complained about it. There is no way this game would last if it made leveling its main focus, at all. Unfortunately, some people still believe thats the way to go.

In Vanilla the attitude was different. It was the first time people saw the world. There were so many unknown places to explore, so many dangerous areas you could get killed in. Shit, I remember when I first started, my friend and I ran through the orc starting zone and got to the water on the other side and swam so far away only at level 4. We were scared of getting killed by sharks and other players because they had a skull where their level was. I have so many memories of exploring the world with my friend, and we didnt even start in Vanilla, we started in early BC.

That was the attitude in vanilla. It was fresh, it was new, the world was scary and explorable. I could spend 3 hours just exploring half of a zone with my friend and enjoying it. Most of the time thats actually what we did. We would run away from where we were suppose to level and explore higher areas. Thats honestly how it was.

Thats not at all how it will be if they made leveling the goal now. We have already seen the world, we know how the game works, we know what max level will be like and we know exactly how to level. Not only that, but there are so many guides and streams that find the fastest and easiest ways to level, its all over the internet where as back then there was a lot less of it. Leveling as a goal would destroy the game as of now. I never understood the people who say leveling should be slower and the main goal of the game.

Its a big shift from 10 years ago. The game (to me} was all about exploring. Finding new places, running around with my friend trying not to get killed in an unknown zone we wandered into. Now its extremely end game oriented. Even If I were to level slowly, it still takes only a day or two to hit max level. Its a lot different.

Edit- Just so you know, Im agreeing with you. I dont know if it sounds like it, but I am. Just wanted to add in my opinion with yours since I agree with yours.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-09-30 at 08:51 PM.