Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just finding myself doing the same thing over and over. World/Emissary quests are getting stale now, Dungeon farming is getting stale and Emerald Nightmare I'm honestly not enjoying as much as I'd hoped. Obviously I'm not speaking for everyone here but I'm really trying to enjoy Legion and well I just can't. I don't want to quit just yet because I at least want to give it more time since my game time doesn't expire for a while.
    no, still loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    OP probaly is one of those no guild solo players.
    I'm one of those players.

There's really nothing wrong with that. Also nothing wrong with getting bored if that's how you play.

Besides, that'd only add two new aspects: doing the same things you already find boring with people you (I assume) like, and raiding heroic and possibly mythic eventually.

I REALLY DON'T THINK that's going to cure anyone's boredom. Prolly sidestep it with doing stuff with friends, if anything.

More people doesn't make more content. It just makes untolerable content (to the person) tolerable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    And that means you're not allowed to have enough fun things to do?

I'm a solo player as well and I'm kind of bored.
    World Quests got old really fast, so I only do the Emissary Quest, I completely ignore dungeons except for a few mythic+ when I feel like it and I ignore LFR, because there are absolutely no worthwhile rewards thanks to WQs. I'm at 853 and almost all of my equipment came from WQs.

They took away every reason for me to do dungeons and the only PUGable raid (NHC) offers so little item increase that I can't be arsed. Getting a new item feels just the same as dragging an item into a window and spending 500 Varlor to upgrade it. It's just... meh.

So yeah, there's stuff to do, but nearly all of it feels irrelevant. And thus I am bored.

And alts are in a weird place. I leveled one other character to 110 but I can't be bothered to do another one because of the absolutely overwhelming amount of things I would have to do until I can fully enjoy that character. There's just so much to do with every character that it completely kills my interest in leveling another one.
    This is about exactly how I feel. I'm sitting at 852, so I'm even close in ilvl!

I'm not quite "bored" yet, but I probably would be unsubbing if I could when the last wing of LFR's out until there's more content added.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Wow, a solo player bored in a MMO! More news at 11!
    I like how you just entirely glossed over his reasons :P
    Last edited by Otimus; 2016-09-30 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Do you have any idea how many people would quit if they made the main focus on leveling. They slowed down the pace you level in Legion and so many people complained about it. There is no way this game would last if it made leveling its main focus, at all. Unfortunately, some people still believe thats the way to go.

In Vanilla the attitude was different. It was the first time people saw the world. There were so many unknown places to explore, so many dangerous areas you could get killed in. Shit, I remember when I first started, my friend and I ran through the orc starting zone and got to the water on the other side and swam so far away only at level 4. We were scared of getting killed by sharks and other players because they had a skull where their level was. I have so many memories of exploring the world with my friend, and we didnt even start in Vanilla, we started in early BC.

That was the attitude in vanilla. It was fresh, it was new, the world was scary and explorable. I could spend 3 hours just exploring half of a zone with my friend and enjoying it. Most of the time thats actually what we did. We would run away from where we were suppose to level and explore higher areas. Thats honestly how it was.

Thats not at all how it will be if they made leveling the goal now. We have already seen the world, we know how the game works, we know what max level will be like and we know exactly how to level. Not only that, but there are so many guides and streams that find the fastest and easiest ways to level, its all over the internet where as back then there was a lot less of it. Leveling as a goal would destroy the game as of now. I never understood the people who say leveling should be slower and the main goal of the game.

Its a big shift from 10 years ago. The game (to me} was all about exploring. Finding new places, running around with my friend trying not to get killed in an unknown zone we wandered into. Now its extremely end game oriented. Even If I were to level slowly, it still takes only a day or two to hit max level. Its a lot different.

Edit- Just so you know, Im agreeing with you. I dont know if it sounds like it, but I am. Just wanted to add in my opinion with yours since I agree with yours.
    So a better solution is to rush to cap and then be bored with an endless daily grind? Or run through the 5 minute dungeon loot grab? Or maybe do a faceroll LFR or two that will entertain you for a brief period? Or perhaps stand in Dalaran / SW / etc?

I mean, I can see your point to a degree. Problem is, you're right in a way considering the current design scope of the game. Azeroth was huge when it was released. So there was much to explore and the mechanics of the game required much time to explore and smell the roses. Right now you can explore the entire Legion continent in a less than an hour. Yes Vanilla it was fresh and new, but that issue can also be solved with development. So yes, I suppose its not really setup for slow, dragged out leveling as there just really isnt that much interesting content to do so. Sort of implies that there's some fundamental things wrong with the overall game design where the leveling content needs to be blinked through and then relies on task-based grinds in an attempt to keep people entertained.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2016-09-30 at 09:08 PM.

wish they would fck all the RNG shit about legendaries

To me it sounds more of an "mmo" thing more than a Legion thing.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    So a better solution is to rush to cap and then be bored with an endless daily grind? Or run through the 5 minute dungeon loot grab? Or maybe do a faceroll LFR or two that will entertain you for a brief period? Or perhaps stand in Dalaran / SW / etc?

I mean, I can see your point to a degree. Problem is, you're right in a way considering the current design scope of the game. Azeroth was huge when it was released. So there was much to explore and the mechanics of the game required much time to explore and smell the roses. Right now you can explore the entire Legion continent in a less than an hour. Yes Vanilla it was fresh and new, but that issue can also be solved with development. So yes, I suppose its not really setup for slow, dragged out leveling as there just really isnt that much interesting content to do so. Sort of implies that there's some fundamental things wrong with the overall game design where the leveling content needs to be blinked through and then relies on task-based grinds in an attempt to keep people entertained.
    Its not just that. I dont believe rushing to max level is a good way to go but its the way most players choose to go. Thats because the playerbase has changed since Vanilla, some just dont have the mindset for long leveling anymore. Some still do, but many dont. Thats the issue. They would loose a lot of people if they made the goal of the game leveling. They can slow it down, sure, but not to vanilla levels of slow.

To me it sounds more of an "mmo" thing more than a Legion thing.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I'm not bored so much as FINALLY hitting cruise control on my progression.

Like I'm going to binge on some Luke Cage and Jai Alai tonight rather than grind out stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just now starting an alt so things are becoming entertaining again. I do however wish that the difference between N EN and H EN wasn't so drastic. We easily clear N EN in an hour and a half this week, but only barely killed a boss in H EN last night and made attempts at other bosses. It seems that our damage is a bit on the low end though. But the raid is about the only thing i look forward to on my main aside from the random mythic + i try to get in sometimes, though i generally have to pug them since the guild doesn't always have a healer and tank on outside of the main group who always goes together and outside of raid night. So if i had i steady group of peeps to do mythic plus id be more interested, but that's not the case so i am getting bored on my main...but then i hop on my alt and things are fine again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You didn't have to deal with mandatory, time-gated crap back then, either. You CAN'T take a long time leveling today if you want to stay current, because there's no "just push it hard and catch up tonight when I hit 70" the way you could in earlier eras.

Granted, we had daily badges and such I suppose, but it wasn't quite as punishing.
    Theres no such thing as catching up back then. At least if you wanted to be current. If you wanted to remain current or be current, you had to stay on top of things. Half the people back then couldnt even push the current raid tier because they werent ready yet gear wise so they had to go back to the last tier.

That in itself was gating. The attunements were gating. There was plenty of gating, it just didnt seem forced because a lot of people didnt reach it. So many people had to complete previous tiers before even getting to the next one and considering people took a long time to hit 70, it was hard to catch up.

Attunements were the real thing that gated people from doing the raids. For some you had to have good gear, a lot of time, or a big group of people. That gated people from being able to do certain raids. Basically, what Im saying is, back then there was no such thing as push it hard and catch up when I hit max level. That depends on how far behind you are obviously, but for most, the attunements were the mandatory time gates back then.

TLDR Its a bit worse now since they actually force you to wait, rather than you being solely responsible for falling behind but either way you reach the same conclusion. If you wanted to remain current, either now or back then, you couldnt take your time. You had to level asap in order to keep up with your guild or the current raid tier, you couldnt wait if you wanted to remain current.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still enjoying myself currently. Not a fan of crafting this go around, but few or no complaints elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    I'd be enjoying this expansion a lot more if the alt situation wasn't so brutal.
    what i reeeeaaaally dont get is: why do blizzard create the BEST expac for altoholics EVER (with completely different leveling exp and 12 different lore stories full of cool shit) and have 0 support for alts, bc its nearly impossible to play more than one or max two, even as player without a job ???

its hillarious. never you had that much fun with another alt. never it was so impossible to play another alt.

thats weeeeeird.

I can't say I'm bored, but I play less. I only do emissaries, daily hc, raid a couple of nightd a week and do mythics on weekends. Still shitload more than any other game can offer me.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-09-30 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This is honestly, EXACTLY, my problem. Constantly getting either declined or having my application time out. I have not been accepted into a single PuG group since release. I've put in a lot of time and effort into this character so the prospect of having to go through the same leveling experience, AP grinding (primarily), Class Hall Missions (which I look forward to honestly, but it's still time and effort...), Order Hall Resource gathering, time gated bullshit to progress your class hall missions and artifact knowledge, Ancient Mana farming, Nightfallen reputation grinding, etc... on another character to possibly have the same thing happen...yeah not at ALL something I look forward to and it's killed every chance I ever gave to leveling an alt class. I have 5 characters sitting in the middle of their first zone because I just got to a quest I didn't really enjoy, that I've already done on my main character, and asked myself... what's the point?
    Good thing I'm not the only one! Well, it's not good, but you get what I mean. I've been toying with the idea of making a tank, as I'd like to do dungeons over raids, and raid tanking has never appealed to me, but as you say, it's a lot to do with a fresh 110, so the question is, "do I want to do it all over again?"

However, I did just do my first mythic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, just as a "lower tier" example, look at Karazhan attunement in TBC. No time gates on it. No, "You need 150 [Medivh's Jellybeans]. Help me with these quests and I'll give you 50 [Medivh's Jellybeans], but you'll have to come back in two days to get more quests." No, "Send your guys out on these 24 hour missions to retrieve the parts of the key!"

You just hit 70 and if you had guildmates helping or just busted your ass, you could do it quickly and catch up. (If I'm remembering correctly)
    -snip-

Heres the thing. The time gates we have now are forced, but so are the attunements. If you wanted to remain relevant, you had to do a majority of the attunements and they were not easy. Most of them also required groups. The main difference is theres a wait time on the time gates (like missions} that we have now, meanwhile back then you could get the attunement for BWL done in a little while (longer than a day though} with a decent guild group.

Back in BC we still had gates and if you wanted to remain relevant you most definitely couldnt take your time leveling. You had to be on top of everything, including attunements, or you would fall behind and not have enough gear to be relevant for the current tier.

TLDR- So its not really different from now. If you want to be relevant now, you go to max level and try to get all of the time gates out of the way asap. If you wanted to be relevant back then, you go to max level and try to get all of the attunements done asap. Both expansions required you to level up asap and keep up with attunements/time gates in order to remain relevant.

Example-

Someone who rushed to max level and hit 110 in 5 hours has a big advantage over someone who took a day to level because of artifact research speeding up Ap progression and time gated missions.

Someone who rushed to max level in BC and hit 70 in a day had a big advantage over someone who took 3 days to level because of attunements, gear, and how hard groups were to come by back then.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-09-30 at 10:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only boring if you ate the whole bowl of cookie dough at the beginning and hit it hard like it was a job. I took a week off myself, and read about WoW every minute I could, between the phone app, MMO C, and Discord, and seriously regret it, 850 for raid release or not.

Overall, I am seeing how I like it with a different approach, and less time played, and going from there - for my health above all else. Blech!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

i am in love with legion since day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Play a tank. You just need to have thick skin because people are assholes. But as a tank, you can get into as many mythic+ runs as you want, and at low levels the most important factor in determining whether you succeed (particularly in level 4 with bolstering) is how good your tank is at pulling, making sure you get enough trash but not too much, etc. It's honestly awesome. And if you don't know what you're doing, who cares? Just join a few mythic+ that aren't using your keystone and get comfortable. People might get mad but learn to laugh it off. Once you get good, the game becomes amazingly fun.
    I have been thinking about creating a tank (was thinking DK, but I'm no expert). The only thing putting me off is the leveling and the need to do all the max level stuff all over. And I would prefer tanking over healing, it's just that in the past, a tank would raid, and I always loathed the idea of raid-tanking whereas dungeons were fun, and in these days when dungeons are an option to raiding, sure, it seems more and more tempting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    I'd be enjoying this expansion a lot more if the alt situation wasn't so brutal.
    A-fcking-men.

I'm maining a mage this time, and with all the stuff available to do that progresses your toon, I haven't touched an alt since Legion launched. Usually by this time I've gotten my main in a comfy spot and doing 2 or 3 things every night for progress. And I'm working on a second toon coming up, usually of the opposite faction.

My other complaint is the tedium of profession leveling now. F all these required quests.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

The waiting is what is boring me. I get they have to gate things, but if you don't do alts...you can do about 30mins a day of stuff and log off because you are just waiting for the next thing to pop up. AP starts to curve where if you don't have AK to match it is like drops in a massive bucket...very dull gameplay.

Dungeons are okay but the "chance" at stuff is so rare once you hit a certain point they get boring too.

I am not saying we need rewards all the time, but if they at least made it so the curve for alts wasn't so steep you would have that while waiting for your main to gate their content.

I find the game is just so grindy for little reward. At least the garrison grind I got a shitload of gold out of doing all the grinds for level 3 garrisons. I don't really get a great reward for grinding exalted all reps...and the profession grinds are so random...I can't just get them done!

So yeah, I am a bit bored but more frustrated.

Also I don't like how so many classes feel so that also adds to it. Class fantasy is shit. Total and utter shit. The devs failed on that so bad.

I have unsubbed both my accounts. I am keeping my main one going with gold so I can do the AK every 4 days and a few other things, but I see myself in another month just quitting if the devs don't step in a fix some of the stuff we are all bitching about and by that I mean classes and balance.

Things I find really need fixing:

Fishing: AP doesn't work on the pole. No incentive to do it once you hit 6000 AP for the next skill
    Archeology: just a clusterfuck of a system now. I won't touch it as it is NOT rewarding and way way too grindy and like work. This is a fucking game...not a job
    Classes: so many just not doing well...ones that did well got nerfed rather than fixing shit classes. So many BORING rotations of 3 buttons and that's it. I fall asleep after work with that type of shit.
    Professions: mats are great if you herb/mine...I find that boring and since I play at 3-7am PST I see bots everywhere when I am doing some mining and herbing...req are too high for some professions
    Legendaries: I thought these things could drop from any random mob...guess just chests and raid/dungeon bosses...bullshit system. Needs to be fixed.
    Last edited by Themanintobuildafire; 2016-09-30 at 10:37 PM.