Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Implication: sound was too high, we could hear him sniffing. (It clearly wasn't too LOW).
    So does this mean he's high on coke for most of his speeches, but the "defective" mic just so happened to pick up his sniffles this time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You make two good points. I can't remember specifically if Trump ever made it clear he's as anti-everything-not-Christian as his advisors. His advisors and group, then, definitely scare me.
    They can't be bad, he only surrounds himself with the best people, the smartest people....
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    So does this mean he's high on coke for most of his speeches, but the "defective" mic just so happened to pick up his sniffles this time?
    Wow, that's...I did not expect that response. I mean, it's possible, I guess?

I'm fairly sure Trump said he tested the mic beforehand and it was fine. THEN HE LEANED FORWARD AND YELLED A LOT. No surprise someone with the lack of science Trump's demonstrated with caveman-like force doesn't know about control variables.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wow, that's...I did not expect that response. I mean, it's possible, I guess?

I'm fairly sure Trump said he tested the mic beforehand and it was fine. THEN HE LEANED FORWARD AND YELLED A LOT. No surprise someone with the lack of science Trump's demonstrated with caveman-like force doesn't know about control variables.
    He wasn't yelling a lot at the beginning of the debate, when most of the sniffing was going on. Mic magically fixed itself later in the debate? Half-life of cocaine is 20-30 minutes.

Why the mic was picking it up doesn't really matter, you could visibly see him sniffing during the debate. It wasn't "breathing", or we'd be hearing every breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    most Americans wouldn't hate Trump simply for having wealth

it's guaranteed at this point that his tax returns would reveal something that even Trump lovers couldn't stomach
    Debatable.

I have a theory, Trump was a social experiment during the primaries.

How much far can he go and still keep his base?

Make personal disparaging remarks about other candidates. They love it.
    Cruz's father + JFK assassination. Crowd goes wild.
    and more. Then he won. And it got out of control.

He took it to the next level.

"How much more batshit crazy can I spew and still keep them?"

Proclaims he pays little/no taxes because "He's smart". "Stupid" people who pay taxes cheer.
    Millions lose everything in housing bubble, I made a killing on others misery "That's business". They eat it up like granny's biscuits and gracy.
    Gulping water, sniffling, appearing aggitated yelling "I AM MORE EVEN TEMPERED" while his opponent sits smugly smirking. Crowd. Fucking. Wild.

By this point, the only way he could lose a majority of his base is if he was found naked being sodomized by Obama while yelling "I LOVE THIS MAN."

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Debatable.

I have a theory, Trump was a social experiment during the primaries.

How much far can he go and still keep his base?

Make personal disparaging remarks about other candidates. They love it.
    Cruz's father + JFK assassination. Crowd goes wild.
    and more. Then he won. And it got out of control.

He took it to the next level.

"How much more batshit crazy can I spew and still keep them?"

Proclaims he pays little/no taxes because "He's smart". "Stupid" people who pay taxes cheer.
    Millions lose everything in housing bubble, I made a killing on others misery "That's business". They eat it up like granny's biscuits and gracy.
    Gulping water, sniffling, appearing aggitated yelling "I AM MORE EVEN TEMPERED" while his opponent sits smugly smirking. Crowd. Fucking. Wild.

By this point, the only way he could lose a majority of his base is if he was found naked being sodomized by Obama while yelling "I LOVE THIS MAN."
    Well, about the taxes bit, let's also face the fact that if he pays little to no taxes, it's not because Trump is smart, but because he's got good tax lawyers and accountants that know how to work the system.

That said, given those same situations, how many americans would take the same advantage? Probably in the 90%+ range, thus in a way, it's highly hypocritical of people to criticize him for it. Add that the only way he can also get away with it are because of said loopholes put in by politicians catering to their big business constituents. Thus, in that way, he's no different from any other businessman.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not voting Trump....or Hillary for that matter. I'd be surprised if Hillary didn't put in some of the loopholes herself. I'm also pretty sure, though I haven't looked it up, that Hillary has paid her share in taxes because she's been planning on a presidential run for 20+ years. Though, I would probably also say that she's probably got a lot of money hidden that she hasn't paid taxes on too.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    Well, about the taxes bit, let's also face the fact that if he pays little to no taxes, it's not because Trump is smart, but because he's got good tax lawyers and accountants that know how to work the system.

That said, given those same situations, how many americans would take the same advantage? Probably in the 90%+ range, thus in a way, it's highly hypocritical of people to criticize him for it. Add that the only way he can also get away with it are because of said loopholes put in by politicians catering to their big business constituents. Thus, in that way, he's no different from any other businessman.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not voting Trump....or Hillary for that matter. I'd be surprised if Hillary didn't put in some of the loopholes herself. I'm also pretty sure, though I haven't looked it up, that Hillary has paid her share in taxes because she's been planning on a presidential run for 20+ years. Though, I would probably also say that she's probably got a lot of money hidden that she hasn't paid taxes on too.
    You know, I always felt, despite my utter disdain for him overall, that the not paying any taxes thing could have easily been swung in his favor (if he hadn't fucked it up so badly by almost immediately denying he said something on live, national tv).

If he responded with something like, "yeah, I paid no taxes - that's how screwed up the career politicians have made this country. how can someone like myself, worth billions and making hundreds of millions each year, avoid paying taxes? We need to fix this!"

Of course, in this scenario he would also have had to release his tax returns, lol. God, what a fucking idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You know, I always felt, despite my utter disdain for him overall, that the not paying any taxes thing could have easily been swung in his favor (if he hadn't fucked it up so badly by almost immediately denying he said something on live, national tv).

If he responded with something like, "yeah, I paid no taxes - that's how screwed up the career politicians have made this country. how can someone like myself, worth billions and making hundreds of millions each year, avoid paying taxes? We need to fix this!"

Of course, in this scenario he would also have had to release his tax returns, lol. God, what a fucking idiot.
    to be fair, he probably doesn't even know. Someone(s) do it for him and he likely doesn't see it other than to sign it.

But yeah, a spin like that, even if he phrased it with an "if" could have spun it in a much much more positive way.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    to be fair, he probably doesn't even know. Someone(s) do it for him and he likely doesn't see it other than to sign it.

But yeah, a spin like that, even if he phrased it with an "if" could have spun it in a much much more positive way.
    Fuck, yeah - you're probably right.

That's the point, most working Americans can't take advantage of tax loopholes because they can't afford them (either due to inability to have a tax attorney + CPA on retainer, or due to the fact that many loopholes exist only for the rich).

It's not hypocritical, they're mad because he's implying that most Americans are paying taxes because they are not smart.

He wasn't yelling a lot at the beginning of the debate, when most of the sniffing was going on. Mic magically fixed itself later in the debate? Half-life of cocaine is 20-30 minutes.

Why the mic was picking it up doesn't really matter, you could visibly see him sniffing during the debate. It wasn't "breathing", or we'd be hearing every breath.
    I think he snorted amphetamines (possibly addy). He plainly is on something that keeps him awake and irritable (the 5:30AM Machado tweets). He has enough money that he wouldn't be buying simple street cocaine (but if he was his wastrel son Eric definitely has a supplier). Snorting addy gives a coke-like high, but it is cleaner. Just eating it won't give you the rushing hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    New study finds 45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage 2009 study.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/stor...alth-coverage/

Yes. If say you are in a car accident, the hospital is not going to wheel you out of the hospital and let you die on the curb. The person you replied to, while anecdotal, he did not say he had immediate life threatening injuries.

Also people lost their insurance due to prior illnesses. One of the worst things about our health care system prior to ACA.
    Hospitals are required to treat your life threatening injuries regardless of if you have insurance or if you can pay.

They will stabilize you, "Follow up with your physician", but they will not treat your cancer, no chemo, nothing.

That's the point, most working Americans can't take advantage of tax loopholes because they can't afford them (either due to inability to have a tax attorney + CPA on retainer, or due to the fact that many loopholes exist only for the rich).

It's not hypocritical, they're mad because he's implying that most Americans are paying taxes because they are not smart.
    To be fair, the only one's going apeshit over this are the dems, and Hillary pundits and facebook trolls that make it make up every 5th post on my newsfeed.

Like I suggested, we all know full well that Hillary would be doing the same thing if she hadn't been planning on running for president for the last 20+ years, probably longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Hospitals are required to treat your life threatening injuries regardless of if you have insurance or if you can pay.

They will stabilize you, "Follow up with your physician", but they will not treat your cancer, no chemo, nothing.
    while true, there are tons more wrong with our healthcare system. It's a system predicated on treating systems, not illness' for the most part. People on medication to alleviate systems are better long term patients than finding actual cures.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    I think he snorted amphetamines (possibly addy). He plainly is on something that keeps him awake and irritable (the 5:30AM Machado tweets). He has enough money that he wouldn't be buying simple street cocaine (but if he was his wastrel son Eric definitely has a supplier). Snorting addy gives a coke-like high, but it is cleaner. Just eating it won't give you the rushing hit.
    I thought this, too. But the half-life of Adderall and other prescription ADHD medications is much longer than 30 minutes, and his symptoms (sniffling, pressured speech, etc) died down within the first 30 minutes of the debate. I also contemplated whether or not he had a cold, and while it is still possible I don't think that is what happened due to his behavior and the die-down of sniffling later on in the debate. Also on a personal note, if you've been around anyone who has done coke this is exactly how they behave..

It's all conjecture though as Trump's not going to take a drug test anytime soon. He would have been much more believable if he had admitted he had a cold or under the influence of a prescription medication rather than just flatly denying things, however.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...-dealer-173892

I thought this, too. But the half-life of Adderall and other prescription ADHD medications is much longer than 30 minutes, and his symptoms (sniffling, pressured speech, etc) died down within the first 30 minutes of the debate. I also contemplated whether or not he had a cold, and while it is still possible I don't think that is what happened due to his behavior and the die-down of sniffling later on in the debate. Also on a personal note, if you've been around anyone who has done coke this is exactly how they behave..

It's all conjecture though as Trump's not going to take a drug test anytime soon. He would have been much more believable if he had admitted he had a cold or under the influence of a prescription medication rather than just flatly denying things, however.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...-dealer-173892
    Maybe his "doctor" has him hopped up on old school Sudafed, the amphetamine kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They're convinced he's god's "chosen one" or something, that's currently every argument I've heard from folks in the religious right to rationalize their support for him despite the fact that he embodies damn near everything the "moral majority" finds abhorrent.
    Wait, I thought Cruz claimed himself as the chosen one. Rubio proclaimed himself that too if I recall. Santorum claimed himself as that also.. Carson mentioned he was also.

God Dude has a shit record for picking winners.

I don't buy this at all. Hillary's struggles this election are solely down to her campaign being run by complete morons for the most part, not taking anything seriously for quite some time until Bernie started posing a very serious threat to what they expected to be more or less the nomination being handed to her on a silver platter.
    I would say yes and no. Clinton's honest and trustworthy took a big dive over the primary after she had effectively already won. There was a lot of animosity built up over that time and a lot more people became Hillary haters during that time. Bernie stayed in the race too long. He is doing his best now to fix things but he did stuff up at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Could someone explain how women taking a few months off for her baby isn't a inconvenience for employers? If it wasn't an inconvenience, then could anyone take sometime off and be replaced whenever they needed a break? Would certainly be nice.

I think people are missing the point when it comes to this. Yes, pregnancy is an inconvenience, but like taxes, repairs, or long commutes to work, they are inconveniences we have to put up with. Seems like he's just bowing to the PC police.
    It's definitely an inconvenience. The bigger issue is that he said that he didn't say that when he clearly did.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    Maybe his "doctor" has him hopped up on old school Sudafed, the amphetamine kind.
    Yeah maybe. Shrug. We'll never know for certain. I honestly hope it was a cold, the idea of a coked-up leader of the free world is a scary thought.

- - - Updated - - -

They're convinced he's god's "chosen one" or something, that's currently every argument I've heard from folks in the religious right to rationalize their support for him despite the fact that he embodies damn near everything the "moral majority" finds abhorrent.
    Honestly, his behavior and lifestyle represents everything that religious right finds abhorrent as well. I have some high school friends that are religious and from what I can tell I don't think he's quite as popular among that particular demographic as a typical Republican candidate should be, although why that demographic is supporting him at all is mystifying.

Like I suggested, we all know full well that Hillary would be doing the same thing if she hadn't been planning on running for president for the last 20+ years, probably longer.
    We know nothing of the sort. You are making a wild assumption that it would be the case without any evidence. You might do that if you were in her position so that would be a better comment.

Oh, and I very much doubt she has money stashed away. At her age and with her net worth she doesn't need to stash any money away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, his behavior and lifestyle represents everything that religious right finds abhorrent as well. I have some high school friends that are religious and from what I can tell I don't think he's quite as popular among that particular demographic as a typical Republican candidate should be, although why that demographic is supporting him at all is mystifying.
    Because out of the two, he's a penis haver, and they should make the rules.