Deleted

Struggling with rage as prot now

Hey guys, Im only around an 830ish ilvl prot war but since this patch Ive been having a shit time tanking even heroics on some bigger pulls. Basically my uptime on IP is dogshit now as I never seem to get enough rage. Im using SS/Rev/Intercept on cooldown and am specced Ult/veng, only really using FR when it procs for free since the nerfs.. but i still just cant get the rage sometimes to keep IP going half as much as id like.

Not sure if im just missing something vital or what. Any suggestions?

Nope, that's the way it works now. Prot Warriors are a distant last in tanking now.

10+ Year Old Account
    How often could you use it before? Can you give me an estimate of how many uses per minute or how much delay between uses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Nope, that's the way it works now. Prot Warriors are a distant last in tanking now.
    Funny, every tank class seems to think they're last. Sounds like balance to me.

You are right about how the class works though, your uptime on IP went down instead of the amount absorbed, an odd way for blizzard to go about it IMO, vengeance was very fun and now its practically unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Funny, every tank class seems to think they're last. Sounds like balance to me.

You are right about how the class works though, your uptime on IP went down instead of the amount absorbed, an odd way for blizzard to go about it IMO, vengeance was very fun and now its practically unusable.
    That will be changing:

We are discussing a potential hotfix to increase rage generation from Shield Slam and reduce Ignore Pain's maximum absorption, so hopefully that will help with any 'clunky' feeling you guys have been noting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    That will be changing:

We are discussing a potential hotfix to increase rage generation from Shield Slam and reduce Ignore Pain's maximum absorption, so hopefully that will help with any 'clunky' feeling you guys have been noting.
    Good, I felt real bad for my warrior co-tank when we went into EN after the nerfs. The numbers weren't bad, he was just incredibly bored.

for me no difference noticable, but i was mastery / vers geared prot before. (offspec to my arms mainspec). I think haste -geared prot got the shaft. As prot warrior you spend your rage mostly the moment you get it, outside of a very few mobs were u keep 10 rage and a shield block charge for special abilities.
    There is an old saying for prot, and it stems from classic: if your tank has a ragebar, he is doing it wrong.

Deleted
    The additional nerf to IP even with coupled with SS rage increase is so stupid... it's not necessary by any means...

Deleted
    Feel ok in raids since the nerfs if clunky af, but mythic+ on the higher levels with double affixes the difference is ridiculous. Take a hit for about 70% of your healthbar and gain like 7 rage. And some stuff like Oakheart's grab damage don't even give you rage at all.

They just nerfed the control you have over your own survival, which is such a bewildering way to go about it.

So brutally stupid and inaccurate.

Deleted
    Funny how the world first Xavius Mythic was done with 2x Prot Warriors AFTER this nerf to rage generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Funny how the world first Xavius Mythic was done with 2x Prot Warriors AFTER this nerf to rage generation.
    Absolutely nobody is arguing about prot warriors usability as a progression tanks because of this stupid rage for % damage mechanics. Well, at least no intellectual human beings of course.

And Xavius isn't even a hard hitting boss in the first place.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2016-10-01 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Absolutely nobody is arguing about prot warriors usability as a progression tanks because of this stupid rage for % damage mechanics.

But bruh, Prot warriors are a distant last in tanking now according to stgeorge78. Literally unplayable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Absolutely nobody is arguing about prot warriors usability as a progression tanks because of this stupid rage for % damage mechanics. Well, at least no intellectual human beings of course.

So lets just keep crying how prot warriors are distant last in tank rankings?

Sidenote, Xavius is a joke and should have been the 6th boss and not the 7th but I didn't want to confuse the OP since he is crying about heroic dungeons, which aren't even real content.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    But bruh, Prot warriors are a distant last in tanking now according to stgeorge78. Literally unplayable.
    Yeah, I had to edit my post because of that

In Arms section we had people who were saying that to dps with arms spec you "have to guess the procs" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Of course because every mythic group was going balls out on prot warriors, what were they gonna do, put in tanks with fresh artifacts - they assigned their best tanks to prot warrior, they were stuck with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Keep saying stupid stuff and keep getting banned.

Vengeance is not worth using to me anymore i use Avatar and Booming Voice, BV is really great for getting that 60 Rage Dragon Scale IP
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

Deleted
    Yeah, no. Guardian druid is probably the only tank better than warrior after the nerf. Warrior still top tier tank for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Merander View Post
    Vengeance is not worth using to me anymore i use Avatar and Booming Voice, BV is really great for getting that 60 Rage Dragon Scale IP
    I don't even...Vengeance is still the most lucrative choice combined with Ultimatum. There's very little doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Merander View Post
    Vengeance/Ultimatum still provides the most defensive benefit, and honestly, without it, the class is too dull to keep me awake through a raid night.

I find my Warrior decently fun to play during our mythic progression, but non-raid content just leaves me feeling rage starged in game, & rage capped in real life. It's gotten to the point now where I'm just refusing to play the game outside of raid hours.