Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How to be a healer in the world;

Create quest groups, invite dps, heal them as they murder things, profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, this argument simply doesn't work any more. Even if you're a healer not only can you respec at any time with no cost if you want to get some questing done, most of your gear even changes stats if necessary like in the case of Paladin. With your main weapon at 20 traits, getting 12+ on your off spec weapon won't set you back even a single point on your main one.

It's like you're arguing to buy a new car when your old one has a flat tire instead of switching to the spare with 5 minutes' work.

Please, No more forced grp content.. I Don't wanna be roadblocked by "Group" Stuff While i'm doing world Quests and other open world actitvites. Keep that stuff for Raids and dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    How to be a healer in the world;

Create quest groups, invite dps, heal them as they murder things, profit.
    Less efficient and slower than grouping as 2-5 DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Please, No more forced grp content.. I Don't wanna be roadblocked by "Group" Stuff While i'm doing world Quests and other open world actitvites. Keep that stuff for Raids and dungeons.
    Most of the quests in the overworld do not require a group. Some do. It' an MMO ffs. While you may not like it, I actually love that fact that they're also offering some group-oriented content out in the world. If only it was more difficult.

Anything that requires a group when you don't like group play - consider it not designed for you. It's there, but not for you. Just like a raid or a dungeon. You're not entitled to it.

Spec switching is hard I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Spec switching is hard I hear.
    Theres always something to complain about. Can't tell you how often i switch between all my specs.

I mean, next thing we will hear is a fury warrior complaining he can't face tank a world boss.

This is a multiplayer game.

Stop playing it ALONE and you will stop having 100% of your problems. My friends and I do our world quests together every day as a group and we have a tank, a healer, and 3 DPS like you would a dungeon run. We massacre the quests, completing them almost instantly after landing because we just gather everything up and AOE it down.

You people have got to learn and have to realize this is a multiplayer game. Stop playing it like you're the only person in the world and all of your problems will go away.

Or hell, if you insist on being a social recluse and playing this game alone, it is easier to do that than ever before. You don't even have to switch gear anymore between specs outside of trinkets and you have all specs available to you at all times. Healer quality of life is higher now than it has EVER been for questing and shit.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2016-09-30 at 11:17 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    This is a multiplayer game.

Stop playing it ALONE and you will stop having 100% of your problems. My friends and I do our world quests together every day as a group and we have a tank, a healer, and 3 DPS like you would a dungeon run. We massacre the quests, completing them almost instantly after landing because we just gather everything up and AOE it down.

You people have got to learn and have to realize this is a multiplayer game. Stop playing it like you're the only person in the world and all of your problems will go away.
    Duoing as 2 DPS is more efficient and faster than dps + healer.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Duoing as 2 DPS is more efficient and faster than dps + healer.
    That's like saying running dungeons is more efficient by CCing everything and killing mobs one at a time.

Spoiler alert: It isn't. You can gather up 15-20+ enemies at once and AOE them to the ground in seconds with zero risk. Even the elite area of suramar city is completed lightning fast and in single pulls with a proper group comp. Without a healer the DPS is limited on the quantity they can pull before risk of death becomes a thing. With a healer, it is dramatically higher.

We do this daily, it can't get more efficient than a roving, unstoppable blender of death. We are a sharknado that blows through every world quest location and pull everything we need to kill all at once.

So yeah, you can output more dps and kill faster with a DPS + heal combo, and even higher with a proper group. You don't just kill one thing at a time, you AOE. This shouldn't need to be explained.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Except it's not.
    I have experience, I've only duo leveled and done WQ's.
    I specced WW because it was taking a lot longer as my MW.

You don't NEED the healer, you have 0 downtime once you're above ilvl 830.
    The healer does a lot less damage than a DPS.
    2 DPS is better because you don't need the healing.
    It's very obvious math.

On my Resto Shaman, I stumbled across a guildie in Azsuna while gathering the gear to make the ilvl cut for the Legion dungeons. He was leveling his Balance Druid and so we decided to team up, and it turned out to be lots of fun! Pick up all the quests in the area, mount up, gather all 15 mobs needed for the quest in a single go, then just heal the DPS while they go nuts with the AoE.

So yeah. Wanna quest as a healer? You're a support class: get a buddy for you to support.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    You just described every expansion before Legion.

At least with Legion you can deal damage as any healer spec, and have the added bonus of shared tagging.

While I understand the sentiment I absolutely LOVE when i am doing a quest and a healer comes by, I stick to him and make sure he gets a chance to hit the enemys and loot items for the world quest. While a group is a sure way of getting cooperation from someone I find cross realm zones in legion making me a lot more social in the world, and hell, we actually are out there in the world for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Less efficient and slower than grouping as 2-5 DPS.
    Yet I still do it every day and people join without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifelhein View Post
    While I understand the sentiment I absolutely LOVE when i am doing a quest and a healer comes by, I stick to him and make sure he gets a chance to hit the enemys and loot items for the world quest. While a group is a sure way of getting cooperation from someone I find cross realm zones in legion making me a lot more social in the world, and hell, we actually are out there in the world for a change.
    Tbh, i'd love a pocket healer aswell. Atm I'm just switching over to blood for open world content, Just so i Eliminate the chance of death. But blood don't really kill as fast as i would as unholy, But unholy take bucket loads of more dmg.

Playing disc I feel like a god in the open world. When doing dailies I mostly just purge shit and it dies by other players. If I have to solo I can pull a ton of mobs and it goes quick, other healers my vary though because I havent tried them.

Deleted
    Has there ever been content you could do as a healer in previous expansions then? Almost everything you do solo is about killing Stuff. You can't heal someone dead .

Wait so let me get this straight? You dislike being a healer because of World Quests. So just dps for the world quests and then heal for dungeons and raids? Is it REALLY that much to ask of you? I just don't get this fucking argument. Never in the history of WoW have you been able to ONLY ever cast heals and ONLY heals and get by on all the different types of content there is. You're always going to have to dps stuff. This is really no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    On my Resto Shaman, I stumbled across a guildie in Azsuna while gathering the gear to make the ilvl cut for the Legion dungeons. He was leveling his Balance Druid and so we decided to team up, and it turned out to be lots of fun! Pick up all the quests in the area, mount up, gather all 15 mobs needed for the quest in a single go, then just heal the DPS while they go nuts with the AoE.

So yeah. Wanna quest as a healer? You're a support class: get a buddy for you to support.
    I don't need your support as a DPS.
    I need you to respec DPS and come help me kill things faster, not heal me when I already have 0 downtime/risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Tbh, i'd love a pocket healer aswell. Atm I'm just switching over to blood for open world content, Just so i Eliminate the chance of death. But blood don't really kill as fast as i would as unholy, But unholy take bucket loads of more dmg.
    My UH DK is nearly invincible now that I'm 855+ ilvl. I have so much sustain and can kill 5x as fast as my blood DK. Tanks are almost as bad as healers open world tbh.