Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Griefing in Suramar elite area

Can someone help me understand this "new fashion"?

Every time I go to solo a quest in Suramar elite area and pull one group there must be a dick that pulls 3 packs at once, runs through my aoe and then feigns death or something. Why?

It happens to me nearly every time. Then I waste time because I have to reset all these mobs, might even die if they're really a lot and I'm not at some ledge to jump off and glide etc. They don't just run away to reset mobs, they always run through my aoe first.

Once I saw a lock NOT do this just help aoe the mobs. Then I mouse him over and he's from my guild...

I don't care about people who tag the mob and leave me to kill them. They're leechers, but w/e I'm gonna kill these mobs anyway. I mean people who deliberately try to grief / kill me.

Cause it's fucking fun.

It's not a new fashion, people were bringing raid diseases from ZG and kiting Kazaak to SW since pre-BC.

Pissing people off in new and amusing ways is fun, always will be.

I have how people think being dicks to other people is fun. This is why we have bad people in the world who want to take advantage of others and get happy at causing other people grief.

I think they are called sociopaths, and society doesn't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Cause it's fucking fun.

It's not a new fashion, people were bringing raid diseases from ZG and kiting Kazaak to SW since pre-BC.

Pissing people off in new and amusing ways is fun, always will be.
    Never to hard to spot the jerk now is it?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    You gave me a great idea, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    I have how people think being dicks to other people is fun. This is why we have bad people in the world who want to take advantage of others and get happy at causing other people grief.

That's why we don't do it in actual society.

My job is at a homeless shelter. I help homeless people fill job applications and other basic things for them to try to start a normal life. However, when i log in wow, I want to fuck around and do crazy shit, from killing noobs in world pvp and watch them rage at me afterwards, to crazy shit like that ^.

It's just fun to see chaos ensue.

That's why I always stop AoE when stuff like that happens.

Situational awareness my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

That's why we don't do it in actual society.

My job is at a homeless shelter. I help homeless people fill job applications and other basic things for them to try to start a normal life. However, when i log in wow, I want to fuck around and do crazy shit, from killing noobs in world pvp and watch them rage at me afterwards, to crazy shit like that ^.

It's just fun to see chaos ensue.
    And what abuse kittens and puppies too for fun? Sound like a real great person.

Ahhh... good ol' keyboard bullies. The kinds of people I'd love to punch in real life for doing crap like this.

Unfortunately, it's the nature of the game, especially if you're on a server that isn't pvp too. Opposing faction can't just gun you down so they have to resort to other means. Just gotta be careful or try not to pull in a manner that requires aoe attacks if you can help it. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    And what abuse kittens and puppies too for fun? Sound like a real great person.
    You're comparing pissing people off in video games to hurting animals in real life. You're fucked up dude. I guess you don't play GTA either on the basis that it makes you a criminal to steal cars and robs virtual banks?

Incredible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Ahhh... good ol' keyboard bullies. The kinds of people I'd love to punch in real life for doing crap like this.
    Canada, Quebec, Montreal, H4L 2R6 postal code. Let me know when you get here.

LOL he's an internet tough guy too, classic. Basically a walking stereotype.

I like to call people out on their righteous crusade of justice bullshit and see them find excuses. Works every time .

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    You have to be aware of these types of griefers, unfortunately. This is one reason why being a Night Elf (tank, specifically) is very effective out in the world, because you can simply Shadowmeld if such a thing happens to allied players or enemy players.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Thanks for the idea.

I like to call people out on their righteous crusade of justice bullshit and see them find excuses. Works every time .
    So you're basically trying to have a 'who is slightly more pathetic' contest? Whoever wins you both end up losers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post

Don't you think it's a bit excessive to label trolls in a video game as sociopath? Holy moly lol

You're comparing pissing people off in video games to hurting animals in real life. You're fucked up dude. I guess you don't play GTA either on the basis that it makes you a criminal to steal cars and robs virtual banks?
    You are aware, aren't you, that other WoW players are actually human beings, whereas the people who own cars and have money in the bank in GTA are fictional characters in a videogame? I'm a little worried that you may have disassociated from reality here.

Incredible.

- - - Updated - - -

Canada, Quebec, Montreal, H4L 2R6 postal code. Let me know when you get here.
    Yes when you clearly state that it brings joy to you to harass and mess with other people. That is clear sociopath behavior. GA one is playing only against other video game characters wow is a mmo where you are playing with other actual humans and you clearly stated you get pleasure going out of your way the harass them did you not? Then play the tough guy card when called out on top of it. You clearly have issues with other people and use the game to derive pleasure from abusing/harassing them. That isn't normal behavior if any thing it shows your true self and what you think and will do to other people when you think you can get away with it.
    Glad I don't know you or play with you because you are the exact person I hate playing the game with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Never to hard to spot the jerk now is it?
    Some people just want to watch the world burn. I personally enjoy sapping Hordies right in front of Suramar "AN ILLUSION!?!" patrols. It's HILARIOUS.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...