Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elemental shaman is useless class in raid.

Ele shaman's strong point(Previous and Now)

- powerful sustainable aoe
    - Burst single dps(in MoP)
    - Good utility(Shot interrupt).

Ele in WoD generally had bad design. EQ is very strong, and other skill is very weak.
    So if ele can cast EQ during full or half time in battle, Ele is powerful spec. But can't cast EQ, Ele is useless spec.

Ele's strong point is totally useless in raid scale.
    Powerful sustainable AOE isn't good advantage at raid. because raid need BURST AOE(Many monster = danger)
    Because EQ, ele have good sustainable AOE. But sustainable AOE Encounter is rare encounter.
    and other spec have good AOE, too. But generally raid team need ranged spec for to cleave spread monster.
    Ele's strong point is melee talant's point. Melee can replace ele. Because this point, Ele should be competing melee spec.

And as you know, Blizzard do not recognize, They overestimate ele's power because of unkown reason.
    They make ele idiot spec in beta, and buff ele every patch. But ele is always underpowered.
    I think because Hybrid tax or developers hate this spec or because this spec is for leveling spec.

Counterexample, Shadow priest and Balance druid survive in raid team.
    They can cleave spread monster very well, and have bad AOE, Overall dps too low.
    But they are useful spec in raid.

Overall, For many reason, If you want play WOW for high rank raid or compete other spec, you abandon this spec.
    Ele is useless spec in high rank raid team.

Only Ele's adventage, Can change to Restoration shaman.
    If you serious play ele shaman, think about it.

Talking about my personal story, I'm playing ele shaman for over 8 years in high class raid team.
    My raid team compete first kill boss. But this spec always bad in first situation, and all boss down, they buff ele shaman.
    (In highmaul, BRF, HFC)See now. Ele can't participate serenity or method or exorsus. because this spec is so useless.
    If you play ele, Plz smart choice.

Finally, I apologize because my English is poor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine most elementals involved in a raiding guild are fully aware of this, but it's not always so simple to switch. In my case my guild is overflowing with melee as most seemingly are thanks to Demon Hunters so switching to enhancement is not an option. For rerolling there's the nuisance of having to catch up on a months worth of artifact traits, nightfallen rep, starting the legendary droprate counter from scratch and gearing. Legion seems more intent than other expansions in locking you to a class and spec so it's discouraging for a reroll. It's not how the game should be or the balance they constantly promise though it's probably time I accepted that if I care about being consistently strong as a damage dealer then I should be playing a Mage/Hunter/Rogue.

Deleted
    single target may be .... avarge... but in the future... in shorter fights... EM and Ascendance will still be a preety good burst choices Primal is a must so i didnt feel like including it

I want to provide some support for you but your post really just sounds like a tantrum which makes me feel like you don't really want to be given advice you just want to vent.

That being said the sky isn't falling nearly as bad as you make it sound.

I don't need advice for dps or ability because I think I'm top ele shaman player.
    I'm ranked in warcraftlogs and worldoflogs ele shaman dps 1st so many time during MoP and WoD.
    My raid team ranked in top 10 raid team during MoP, and ranked top 15 raid team during Wod.
    Now, My Ele shaman's item level is 870. but, I'm useless for raid team now.
    Warcraftlogs is say 'you are top player' but Useless in raid team. This situation continued for many years.

If you feeling my opinion is unreal and ele shaman is useful at raid team, Sorry about that and prey for your shaman.
    But if you play ele shaman during many years, and playing wow for optimal raid team, then affirm my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnious View Post
    I want to provide some support for you but your post really just sounds like a tantrum which makes me feel like you don't really want to be given advice you just want to vent.

That being said the sky isn't falling nearly as bad as you make it sound.
    Wat.
    It is for ele shamans. Until they get HEAVILY BUFFED on their main abilities instead of a bad mastery increase, they wont be really viable for raiding.
    Elemental shamans currently bring ONE GOOD THING, and that is their whole opening burst. They might stick around the top for a minute or so after that, but they'll slowly fall down to the tanks.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

i can keep up just fine in mythic raids as ele. stop looking at top guilds who clear everything fast as they only bring the Top specs and class stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigga93 View Post
    i can keep up just fine in mythic raids as ele. stop looking at top guilds who clear everything fast as they only bring the Top specs and class stack.
    If you're first in your raid or somewhere higher, everyone else isn't doing their job.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferror View Post
    single target may be .... avarge... but in the future... in shorter fights... EM and Ascendance will still be a preety good burst choices Primal is a must so i didnt feel like including it
    In raids there are no "shorter" fights. Even when there are add phases where you need to kill them asap they'll mostly take longer thank our CDs last.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are doing "fine" (I don't know what exactly that means) you're either carying other weak specs or your mates don't play with their full potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not particularly satisfying to just "keep up" with players of lesser skill or gear than yourself while getting blown away by those who were your equal in previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    It's not particularly satisfying to just "keep up" with players of lesser skill or gear than yourself while getting blown away by those who were your equal in previous expansions.
    Well said. Personally I've basically given up on elemental. I'm trying to focus more on my Prot paladin right now. I'm also levelling a fire mage since I like to play casters as DPS.

When you say just fine. What does that mean? Can you post logs?

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../40224/latest/

If you want a logs of a casual player.... here...

- - - Updated - - -

Todays Evil eye tree <3
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

im still a casual tho

ps. corrected second URL.
    Last edited by mmoc311d9dc5f8; 2016-10-04 at 12:09 AM.

At the moment Elemental's greatest asset is that it's a ranged class. Everything is overflowing with melees, being ranged is a commodity nowadays.

Aside from that, it's an overall sub-par spec. There's not much to do about it.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferror View Post
    Looking forward to when fights dont matter, I love youre optimism

Every single time someone says this, it fills my soul with glee. Just because you keep up with scrubs in your guild means nothing. Anecdotal evidence is meaningless.

Each guild is different. Evidently, yours is filled with Frost mages.

Once again the writing was on the wall during beta. Once again, the same people came out and said "its just beta". Once again the same people said they were "fine".

And next tier you are doing great. It's always like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ele man View Post
    Ele shaman's strong point(Previous and Now)

- BL
    - Lighting stuff?
    - BL mostly
    - Lighting up fires (greatest shaman trick)
    ftfy m8. You use BL.

P.d: Although even then Ele is shit all jokes aside and balance atm is bufar'd

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Once again the writing was on the wall during beta. Once again, the same people came out and said "its just beta". Once again the same people said they were "fine".
    This. We could see ele would be shit in alpha, in beta, and now it's too late. It's WoD all over again.
    If you want to be competitive, you shouldn't play elemental. I've leveled 4 characters to 110, and my shaman is still chilling in old dalaran at L100.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Every single time someone says this, it fills my soul with glee. Just because you keep up with scrubs in your guild means nothing. Anecdotal evidence is meaningless.

Each guild is different. Evidently, yours is filled with Frost mages.
    It means he can clear mythic on an elemental shaman so as long as you don't get replaced by a different class (which will only happen if your guild sucks or wants to compete with other guilds) there is no problem. Especially when his guild is "full of scrubs" and can still clear mythic at a decent pace.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    And next tier you are doing great. It's always like that.
    Wasnt the case in WoD. They were a burden the entire expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    It means he can clear mythic on an elemental shaman so as long as you don't get replaced by a different class (which will only happen if your guild sucks or wants to compete with other guilds) there is no problem. Especially when his guild is "full of scrubs" and can still clear mythic at a decent pace.
    Untill we see a log, Im calling bullshit, but I know full well what he means.

Just because he feels good performing at a level that doesnt get him benched, doesnt mean everyone else is fine with being sub par.