Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Did you just say Vanilla encounters were the most complex of all?

You just invalidated the premise of your post to anyone who actually played vanilla and knew what was up..

vanilla wasnt complicated and neither are the legion rotations

I agree with this, I hate having to watch for procs or cooldowns to line up with certain things to optimize damage. It not interesting game play nor do I particularly enjoy it. TBH you should have a maximum number of abilities like in diablo. It has gotten a lot better though with recent expansions.

Yeah destro lock isn't 1-button rotation like in TBC? brb unsubbing..

Seriously you folks, i don't understand you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Vanilla 4H, Gothik, Loatheb, Viscidus, Twin Emps, Lethon was all more difficult or complicated to defeat than any heroic or mythic encounters.

Percentage of playerbase actually clearing the content tells everything.
    That 4H arguement is getting old, the only hard thing about that fight was getting 8 very good geared tanks. Viscidus lasted a whopping whole day after blizzard actually made it killable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    i play a warrior, bloodthirst a very hard mechanic
    Should make a meme autotune song out of that. Even harambe could play that rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I honestly wonder if some people on this forum are on heavy medications.
    Sad part is they are not.

Wtf people are saying? current wow harder than vanilla? there are hundreds of guilds who finished en heroic in a half a day how can current encounters be harder than viscidus? naxrammas? yeah okay the tactics might not have been so complicated but the power level was completely different , there is a reason so m any great guilds stucked to them , were those guilds bad back then? i dont have any reason to think they were.

I myself played with 70 keybinds during wotlk when i pushed for gladiator title and i played during cata-mop so i know very well when this clusterfuck begun , yes some classes are easy now or what i would call *less annoying* , i dont have problem to use 70 or even 100 keybinds , i would call that healthy skill if those 100 spells had a unique purpose and didnt disrupt my gameplay experience , do you like to check for cds and procs all the time? is it soemthing that i cannot do and thats why i whine? clearly no , skillwise is something you can call easy depending on the specific spec obviously BUT it disrupt your gameplay experience , how can you enjoy a game where you play like a robot instead of enjoying the feel of your character , i mean rpgs are not fightning games or piano , rpgs is about building your character and then enjoy his power , i sure enjoy m y character with weakaura icons pop on my screen and having 75960590 meaningless damage skills.

I've played my two mains, feral and destro, since Vanilla days, every damn expansion so far. And I'm really trying to figure out which complicated rotation is the OP refering to in Legion. I've tested every dps spec in Legion in ptr and live before we could level up to 110 and in my opinion, Legion has many complex yet elegant and smooth rotation, but definitely none is really complicate. And there are also quite few waaaaaaaay to simple, with some kind of depth, but waaay to simple... maybe he should try BM hunter for example if he wants to go the easy way.

Wanna know what a complicated and complex rotation is? WotLK feral and Cata Destro. And the feral one was challenging yet fun and rewarding when perfectly performed but the destro one was such a badly designed mess, with so many sources of damage (aka buttons) with absolutely no synergy between them it was impossible to figure out what the was real intention of the spec (yet I still loved it, because I'm that weird).

So, seriously, Legion has no real complication. And that's actually really good.

i remember the ultra complicated vanilla fights too

dude remember nef?

there were like, adds that spawned, and you had to, like, tank them, and they had to die!

10+ Year Old Account
    During vanilla wow all skills had a unique and creative purpose and you had like 1-3 skills for damage without alot of cooldowns and procs , during vanilla complicated rotations didnt exist and instead you had complicated encounters and thats how a game is supposed to be
    I'mma stop you right there. You very obviously never played Vanilla, or if you did, you were just plain bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'mma stop you right there. You very obviously never played Vanilla, or if you did, you were just plain bad.
    idk man

sinister strike was like, a button that was so unique and creative

it did damage, and... was sinister? which means that it gives you a combo point. and you pressed it 5 times in a row so you could eviscerate.... which is unique cuse it did damage?

it was awesome

and unique

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I think you are blind or something. Read what I wrote, I never said I want anything to change in CS:GO... your either drunk or blind.
    I never said you wanted a change in CS:GO. I said you wanted it to be a game that it isn't and that maybe you should find another shooter to scratch your itch.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I personally think the gameplay has always been the weakest part of WoW and a big deterrent that prevents more people from playing.

It's not fun, engaging gameplay to stare at a UI out of fear of not hitting a spell in time. I don't even know what most of the dungeons or the world really look like because I'm so busy staring at my action bar to see it.

Global cooldowns are annoying and so is going really fast in robotic 1-2 second intervals. My mind and body don't like that, especially after long periods of time, it's annoying. I don't punch someone in real life then wait 1 second to punch again. I want to go as fast as possible because there is a sense of urgency and excitement. The current gameplay does not do a great job going with that. It forces you to wait in robotic time intervals.

The entire UI needs an update badly and has for a really long time. There is a severe lack of innate customization. I mean seriously, look at how tacky having multiple actions bars looks on the default UI and it is an absolute must to do. Most probably don't know, but it was patched in a couple patches into Vanilla and to this day has never been cleaned up. Yes there are add ons, but people should not be forced to rely on them.

Here is hoping for a new Diablo MMO or an Overwatch MMO.

I did all of classic beside Naxx, only did around half of the bosses in there. The content wasn't difficult, we were just bad and classes didn't have as many tools as they have today. No dps rotation is "difficult" today, and you better be kidding if you think Blizzard will create super complicated content. The current LFR or normal content is already too complicated for the majority of players.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Vanilla 4H, Gothik, Loatheb, Viscidus, Twin Emps, Lethon was all more difficult or complicated to defeat than any heroic or mythic encounters.

Percentage of playerbase actually clearing the content tells everything.
    Complicated =/= Hard

Wtf people are saying? current wow harder than vanilla? there are hundreds of guilds who finished en heroic in a half a day how can current encounters be harder than viscidus? naxrammas?
    You do make a good point. Although I don't think it has so much to do with the actual encounters themselves but the road to them.
    Back in the day gearing took a long time. In order to even have a chance at killing the first boss of the first raid you needed to get to a certain point gear wise, and this didn't take a couple of days like it does today, it could take months. And to kill the last boss of a raid you needed to get gear from all the previous bosses of that raid.
    Mechanically the fights might be harder today but you can walk in and kill all the bosses in very sub-optimal gear. I enjoyed the raids taking longer to clear, it was part of what made gearing great. Now you clear it so fast so for the majority of its life span you're farming it.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the only reasons not alot of people did him was because who the fuck played frost mage? fire mage was the shit, and no one wanted to waste gold on frost enchants for the whole raid...
    Every mage who still cleared Molten Core every week for them Raggy loots.

Rotation is an outdated word as you are not really "rotating" or "cycling" between your abilities, rather you are following a priority order of Lucky 7 procs.

As for the OP I don't really have an opinion on the matter, I just wanted to look smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla wow was inconvenient, but not hard or complicated. Bosses were all rather simple, with just few exceptions.