Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    RNG will always be RNG. Some get lucky while others have to wait forever. It is fun to watch how salty people get over time, how many angry "IT IZ BROKEN!!!" That shows up.
    I don't have any legendary items as well, even though I do mythic + and lots of WQ etc.
    Sure I would like getting some piece, but even without it I am enjoying playing the game.
    I don't understand what the big issue is- unless you are competing over worlds first (where the race already have finished).
    Personally my performance is great, and sure a legendary would bump up my damage, but is it really what the game is about? Our own vanity - wanting to be the best of the best? You can be that even without a legendary..
    People who gets remembered by their gear gets forgotten. Nice people you meet will never.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    ok. even adding up all that, you still dont have enough to reliably expect one, assuming its 1. it could be much less, you can almost positively say its not more.

i was on my ~250 M+ chest before i got my first leg. thats on top of a few hundred heroics and the random daily stuffs. edit: oh and full clearing raids of course

id expect my stats are about average
    The bolded part is where your wrong, doing 250+ is not avarage. Unless you mean getting one after so many, but than your doing the same you hinting me doing.
    Because you got it after 250+ that is the avarage and so the dropchance is (a chest is around 0,3% dropchance legendary).

Their is a reason why i said i'm not salty now and hope a programmer will make a scanning system but it feels like your trying to pin me down.

The thing is i'm not just looking at my self, it's more if i expected most to get one in the first month and more don't have one than do.
    But to reach that goal you'd probably have to estimate 50 chests (mainly emmisary) which is still above avarage for the entire playerbase than add an extremely low chance from mobs and the chest need to be 1,5% drop chance for legendary. Ofcourse this is ignoring the failsafe system changing the %.

I think it's safe to say it's below 1% if you look at how many players don't have one and maybe blizzard didnt intend for players to get legendary in the first month.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: EXTREME RNG

I think it's safe to say it's below 1% if you look at how many players don't have one and maybe blizzard didnt intend for players to get legendary in the first month.
    Well if thats the case then they have fucked up royally. They didnt intend for people to get one..but they have two...three...four...five...yeah thats a bug thats been fixed...."can research to wear two legendaries at at time"

Id be happy to see JUST ONE

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    The bolded part is where your wrong, doing 250+ is not avarage. Unless you mean getting one after so many, but than your doing the same you hinting me doing.
    Because you got it after 250+ that is the avarage and so the dropchance is (a chest is around 0,3% dropchance legendary).

Their is a reason why i said i'm not salty now and hope a programmer will make a scanning system but it feels like your trying to pin me down.

The thing is i'm not just looking at my self, it's more if i expected most to get one in the first month and more don't have one than do.
    But to reach that goal you'd probably have to estimate 50 chests (mainly emmisary) which is still above avarage for the entire playerbase than add an extremely low chance from mobs and the chest need to be 1,5% drop chance for legendary. Ofcourse this is ignoring the failsafe system changing the %.

yes i of course meant that you can reasonable expect to get a legendary after the amount of content ive cleared, but until youve hit that point its unreasonable to expect to have one.

and also yes, i would also say its very safe to assume that the droprate of a legendary on any given activity is .3% or lower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    yes i of course meant that you can reasonable expect to get a legendary after the amount of content ive cleared, but until youve hit that point its unreasonable to expect to have one.

and also yes, i would also say its very safe to assume that the droprate of a legendary on any given activity is .3% or lower.
    Edit: thanks for the back and forth, made me investigate further on my expectancy
    hmmm does sound like i got it at that point so that point is reasonable.
    Going by 0,3% + random mobs than you defined reasonable as all dropchances combined it would be 100% than it's reasonable to expect it.

I agree on that but my100% is more defined on time, trying to calculate it on a more avarage amount for me 100% is 50 chests for the first legendary. To be fair i expect the avarage amount players have gotten a chest is far lower probably 30 if not less. So i'm also putting a bit of a bar that players need to do the emmisary every day + withered and another (30) and than 20 from mythic+......that does sound a lot for the avarage player, especially the mythic+ .

Again the caveat im making calculation as if the failsafe system was working from launch.

==============Some random thoughts=====================================
    How i would have liked it to be is the first legendary be easy which well define as 1.0
    1. 1.0 droptime (increased chance taking into account raiding and mythic+ isnt available initially)
    2. 2.0 droptime
    3. 2.25 droptime
    4. 2.5 droptime

Now what is the droptime. Each spec has 4 special ones and their are 4 cross spec so 16legendaries. But they will be adding more legendaries and the expansion is 24 months. So if you meet the requirements to have a chance on getting all legendaries for the class one needs to drop every month. If you want the chance to get your first legendary to be higher than your last ones the first legendary would need to be in 2 weeks of heavy playing after hitting level 110.

Now what are the requirements to get all legendaries. If the requirement is set very high and continous play like:
    • - Very high difficulty mythic+ and doing it 10 times a week on avarage \ or
    • - Clearing mythic raid in 2-3months or
    • - 2500 arena / BG rating playing x amount of matches
    Than i'd meet that standard probably 66-75%% but people will play less in the future like purely joining raids in the future. So i guess in my mind i'd be 33%-50% longer than the estimated droptime (except for the first one but i was a bit slow with my main at the start.....hmm than i'd be getting it right about......now?...nope didnt get it yet but taking rng into acount it's also reasonable to be unlucky and it takes 50% longer, so 10 more days :P).

I'm good and math and analytics but never went so deep as with formulas or expertised in it...so I probably made some big mistake or it's not expected to get all legendaries and than get screwed because you never got the best legendary out their.
    Last edited by mmoc0e23e5b73e; 2016-10-01 at 09:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta Kyy View Post
    I feel like this thread is just a case of people wanting to see a pattern where there is none.
    Of course there is no pattern when some get five legendaries while others get none!

Deleted
    It's unbelievable that even after blizz admitted that the drop rate was fucked up last time people here are still "RNG IS RNG LULZ".

Deleted
    on a funny note. Before the expansion came out people called it Legiondary...........i doubt their saying that now XD

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    Hmm, i hope their is a programmer who is curious enough to scan the armory to show statistics of dropping in nice changeable charts.

I sort of thought everyone would have a legendary in the first month so i'll probably get salty after 5 weeks. I do all emissary and more, raiding and a half a dozen mythic+ a week (edit: forgot the week, seemed obvious just like raiding).
    Than i do all emmisary and more with 2 alts. no legendary yet.

It feels like the random protection is too weak and even a like some legendary drop system activates only after you got a legendary. One part where it works the opposite way has been fixed but going by these forum stories it feels the system only activates after getting one. Having said that in our more casual guild we had only 4 legendaries drop and no one has 2.
    There is no bug. Around 20 people out of 50 in my guild have a legendary and two of them have two legendaries. Just run more m+, I've done 75 of them and seen 4 legendaries drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Do you guys always believe everything that comes out of Blizzards mouth?
    Do you always doubt everything that comes out of Blizzard's mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by goriander View Post
    There is no bug. Around 20 people out of 50 in my guild have a legendary and two of them have two legendaries. Just run more m+, I've done 75 of them and seen 4 legendaries drop.
    Seen 1 in 70 runs, of which about 200 chests. 1. RNG is RNG. But still, 1 person finding 4 in 4 days is retarded and I refuse to believe it's fully fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    No it is not.

In my guild, 3 people have like 4-5 legendaries, and others that play just as much have NONE. RNG will spread gear over the population if they run the same things (i.e. raids/Mythic+), but RNG in this case focuses the Legendaries on very few players and spam them with the best stuff in the game.

Yet even after Blizz admitted there was a bug and the apparently fixed it, people still have issues admitting that there might simply be some problems with the system.

Not to mention the bad luck protection, which is pure BS, and the RNG chance to get destroyed with one of the bad legendaries that might even lower your raid performance.

It's a horrible system that should have NEVER made it live. Powerful items are to be worked for and targeted by those capable, not given to anyone by chance.
    I like Diablo 3's legendary system way more than WoW's. Being able to get legendaries only through purely (bugged) RNG, and way too low of a chance is just horrible. Hundreds of thousands of people haven't received their first legendary, yet are already upgrading their order hall to be able to equip a second one. Something's really off and it's absolutely retarded.

The three people in my guild who benefited from the bug have not got one since the fix. They each still have two. Since then though. I would say we have got 7 or 8 players who have received their first, many of which were this week and last.

Being someone who doesn't have one, it really feels bad. Hoping to get one soon, but it's hard to be optimistic given that you never know. I'd be interested to see what percentage of the player base has one by Nighthold. If people still don't have at least one by that point, well Blizzard has a real problem going on.

Just adding another data point, not taking a side or anything. I got a legendary week 2 of legion (before the "fix"), and since then have gotten 2 more. Got two in the same day even.

Looks is very simple most likely guilds who are into top 1 in world most likely have GM connection or something. Given them something special while they live stream makes the game look good.

For the rest of us GM/Blizzard don't care a thing. I have a ticket open for a over a week trying to explain something simple that's affecting my game play (game realted bug) haven't been fixed yet. I just give up. But as soon as one of these top guilds have an issue it gets fix right away.

Deleted
    do blizzard not realise that this rng drop business for such powerful items are giving some players a head start over others in regards to raid roster and spots? how am i meant to compete with someone in similar gear that was just lucky, and i wasnt? of course the gm is going to take the best dps/heal/tank, more often than not in good guilds there isnt much difference skill wise, all good players, its nearly always gear, so yeah, lets make really powerful items rng, absolute morons didnt think this through at all.

i see people on there 3rd legendary while i am yet to have 1 yet, how am i meant to compete??? does it make me a bad player? sure looks that way on the logs.

Thanks blizz, you turned wow into hearthstone.

- - - Updated - - -

i just had a moment of realisation, i could be competing with people that have 2 legendaries while i have none. if this happens, i WILL unsub

Deleted
    Thanks blizz, you turned wow into hearthstone.
    This... it's even worse than turning wow into diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittensteaks View Post
    Just adding another data point, not taking a side or anything. I got a legendary week 2 of legion (before the "fix"), and since then have gotten 2 more. Got two in the same day even.
    Haha! Grats to you but yea, its ridiculous. I have been grinding my ass off. Actually took this week off to do nothing but grind out Mythic+ for a Legendary. I have run 50+ this week, cleared N/H EN, M Nyth. That doesnt count the daily H run and emissary chests. TBH out of all that, I have only got a couple upgrades from EN H. The grindiness has really gotten to me and makes me wonder how much time I want to keep devoting if Im not going to get rewarded for it. There needs to be something to fight the RNG. Like after sometime, if youve put in enough effort you can Titanforge your gear or maybe even build a Legendary. The way things are now is stupid.

Like others have said, there are players in my guild with multiple Legendaries, most dont have one.

Deleted
    Here's a funny thing. I couldn't find an answer so here it is:
    I got this from withered training cache (4xx score)
    Queen's Feathers
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=139828/queens-feathers

My question is does the legendary dropchance system differentiate between legendary player equipment and legendary champion equipment?

If not.....well that's retarded and QQ TT im annoyed :P