Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We are not bottom 3 at all, stop looking at the mythic stats for the 1st week, that's not enough data to draw conclusion. I usually parse at 90%+ and im usually top 5 on every boss, and most people in my group are in the 80%+. We are middle of the pack that's where we are, dps wise we dont need buffs/nerfs. Our real weakness is mobility, should they buff our mobility ? Maybe, but i'd prefer a revamp of wraith walk because that thing sucks.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know my guild is not competitive, we're in US 1000 range, but I'm in the top 5 dps in 25-30man heroics on about every fight. I do wish we had a bit more mobility, and wish I had my bracers, but dps-wise, I feel ok.

I tried to post my log rankings, but I don't have enough forum rank.

I got "removed" from my raid core team for basically bad performance (my fault obviously), and poor dps.

Yep.

/incoming L2P ur cls nub.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I got "removed" from my raid core team for basically bad performance (my fault obviously), and poor dps.

Yep.

Well, looking at your DK, wondering why you stack so much haste for Castigator build?

Yep.

Looking at your logs it is definitely a l2p issue, im sorry to say that but it is what it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Practice on some mythic dungeons, record logs, and see where you stack up.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...test#compare=1
    Last edited by Gridsquare; 2016-10-01 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridsquare View Post
    Practice on some mythic dungeons, record logs, and see where you stack up.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...test#compare=1
    Very good numbers, i still dont know why the people say the death knight is in the botton? Maybe Frost but Unholy is doing a lot of damage i would dare to say is one of the best melee right now just look method, serenity and the russian guild with 2 dks unholy, the only class which is really bad not matter what is the warlock and not just for number is more for his own mechanic in every spec and talents which dont help to increase the damage a lot

7+ Year Old Account
    I think UH DK has a pretty good learning curve to it. I see a lot of them in random groups and mythic dungeons when I tank who pull sub 200k at 850 ilvl. They're talented, spec'd, and geared right...but they aren't playing the class as it should be done.
    What's your safe word?

Why are DKs so brow beaten? Why should we as a class be so readily accepting that our best performing spec is below average and the other two are dumpster fires? Why should I sit here and be happy that theoretically on the guild mythic team I should always be bottom dps (note I said should not am). Why should my 95% report get beaten by 25kdps by a lock who only got a 87% report?
    Also our vaunted slightly below average but still viable damage only exists on st fights with 100% uptime and no adds, why would a raid leader who has their pick of the litter take us into cenarius or xavius?

I know the the default response is going to be stop qqing you baddie and maybe I was I mean I'm still 3/7M I am being taken to kills I should be happy about that, I just get triggered when i'm putting 110% into getting results and I see people saying that I should be happy to be getting destroyed by my guildies.

Deleted
    You guys are missing an important fact.

We are low/medium with the WORST mobility in the game, and extremely limited utility in mythic+ and raids.

There is literally no reason to pick us over any other class. We are the class with the most limited/shitty damage specs if you combine them or try swap out.

It doesnt matter if ure UH or frost, you will be beaten on every account by any other class if they are in their right spec, or even just they mediocre ones.
    Last edited by mmoc8c93e36b48; 2016-10-01 at 04:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think UH DK has a pretty good learning curve to it. I see a lot of them in random groups and mythic dungeons when I tank who pull sub 200k at 850 ilvl. They're talented, spec'd, and geared right...but they aren't playing the class as it should be done.
    A lot of people haven't gotten around to getting the feeling of fishing SoW procs and maintaining enough rune regen. There's quite a lot to mess up on and if you play it right it feels very rewarding sitting at 400K+ dps ST that is, which is why i like the spec, reminds me a bit of wrath enhancement, do great pull okay to good numbers do poorly and it shows on the meters.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of weird, but right now every single DK spec is a blast to play, but in terms of numbers, they all suck. Blood is barely better than Windwalker, Unholy is kind of the best of the worst, and Frost is the undisputed master of melee suckage. I really hope they fix this because if they do, it might actually make me change my main 1 month into the AP grind just because of how much I love how the specs play right now.

Yep.

not sure if you've changed them as some people have said you use castigator but i'd say your talents are a bit off, epidemic is just not that good in raids, pestilent pustules is better and from what i've read bursting sores doesnt overtake all will serve until around 30% crit with castigator build

On guild off days, I've been pugging heroic EN and due to the sort of "misconception" that all unholy dks are trash because sims and logs say so, I've been having kind of a hard time getting invites. I'm sitting at 859 and it does take a while to get into a group some days. When I do get into a group, say for example an ursoc pug, after the first pull wipe or not I get whispers and comments on voice chat from the ww's, arms, dhs, and rogues of the group asking me "wow dude since when did unholy do so much dmg?" I just laugh it off haha. The highest dps I managed to get on a pure ST fight like ursoc is in the 260-280k range. Not great but it is good enough to be top 5 in a decent heroic pug atm.
    Last edited by 0verdose; 2016-10-01 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    "wow dude since when did unholy do so much dmg?" I just laugh it off haha. The highest dps I managed to get on a pure ST fight like ursoc is in the 260-280k range. Not great but it is good enough to be top 5 in a decent heroic pug atm.
    280k would put you in the 95% report range for heroic ursoc, a comparative report for a feral druid would be 330k. You must be running with some pretty solid heroic PuGs there man for those numbers to only be top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    It's kind of weird, but right now every single DK spec is a blast to play, but in terms of numbers, they all suck. Blood is barely better than Windwalker, Unholy is kind of the best of the worst, and Frost is the undisputed master of melee suckage. I really hope they fix this because if they do, it might actually make me change my main 1 month into the AP grind just because of how much I love how the specs play right now.
    Have you tried the Frost build that you just spam frostsythe... boring as hell. I prefer different builds but every frost dk that does decent just uses that build.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    280k would put you in the 95% report range for heroic ursoc, a comparative report for a feral druid would be 330k. You must be running with some pretty solid heroic PuGs there man for those numbers to only be top 5.
    Probably just remembers at a point in the fight that he was at 280k and is actually lower once the fight is done. People tend to over exaggerate dps on this forum. I usually take 20% off when reading these type of comments and it makes a bit more sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    You guys are missing an important fact.

We are low/medium with the WORST mobility in the game, and extremely limited utility in mythic+ and raids.

There is literally no reason to pick us over any other class. We are the class with the most limited/shitty damage specs if you combine them or try swap out.

It doesnt matter if ure UH or frost, you will be beaten on every account by any other class if they are in their right spec, or even just they mediocre ones.
    I disagree. If you are in some US top 200 guild, sure...but for us regular joes in semi-hardcore/pro-casual guilds, UH is fine. Take a look at a few of my guild's logs this week, I stay near the top unless I died.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...FKNV9#fight=19
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Phybw1mvqWzFKNV9#
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...zFKNV9#fight=4
    What's your safe word?

I disagree. If you are in some US top 200 guild, sure...but for us regular joes in semi-hardcore/pro-casual guilds, UH is fine. Take a look at a few of my guild's logs this week, I stay near the top unless I died.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...FKNV9#fight=19
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Phybw1mvqWzFKNV9#
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...zFKNV9#fight=4
    I respect what you're saying but look at the logs you just linked; a feral not doing 300k on ursoc is trashcan (our feral does 330 on ursoc), your monk is doing 100k less then average, your mage even on ursoc should be above 300k, on dragons it looks like your hunters are afk.

You enjoy unholy and are having fun I respect that, people should be able to play what they want to play I enjoy unholy and want have fun I'm only in a 3/7M guild I'm not saying I'm anything spectacular but frankly it's not ok the best spec I can play for my class is theoretically the lowest parsing spec in my raid.

Deleted
    Hold onto your pants ladies and gentlebeings incoming 5% buffs followed 3 days later by a 30% nerf.

And a speed nerf.

Because...? Reasons

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Hold onto your pants ladies and gentlebeings incoming 5% buffs followed 3 days later by a 30% nerf.

And a speed nerf.

Because...? Reasons
    What lies do you speak of?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I respect what you're saying but look at the logs you just linked; a feral not doing 300k on ursoc is trashcan (our feral does 330 on ursoc), your monk is doing 100k less then average, your mage even on ursoc should be above 300k, on dragons it looks like your hunters are afk.

You enjoy unholy and are having fun I respect that, people should be able to play what they want to play I enjoy unholy and want have fun I'm only in a 3/7M guild I'm not saying I'm anything spectacular but frankly it's not ok the best spec I can play for my class is theoretically the lowest parsing spec in my raid.
    I know most of my guild is aids, but I could care less about this raid. The trinkets are crap, gear is crap, no tier, etc... For right now we aren't doing well in mythics. I imagine, once tier and new gear comes out, the sims will look different. You just gotta roll with the punches, we can't be top 5 every tier.
    What's your safe word?