Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mythic -I Feel Cheated

I just did my very first x5 man mythic run today, admittedly I am 854 so over geared (night before did a full raid run and went from 845 to 854) ..

I used to be a hard core raider up to Wrath in a top x10 EU guild and then shifted over to PvP and never looked back ..

Legion kind of pushed me back into PvE far more than I would like but hay, roll with the punches right? After leveling several toons I just realized that I don't actually recall wiping .. Now I must have wiped once or twice its that they are so few and far in between I just can't recall ..

Today I wanted to start on my artifact skin so opened up LFG and joined a x5 man EoE (Mythic) .... it felt like I was doing a leveling dungeon ..

I was expecting something that needed team work and CC and trash that hit like a boss .. Remember the very first time you did shadow labyrinth? I was expecting that .. But instead got something so easy why even call it Mythic?

I realize people like it this way much more, just last expansion when we got old world x5 man so many complained they were hard, so I understand Blizzards strategy.

I'll finish by saying I understand they introduced a new feature being Ketstone which will continue to go up as we get new tier of gear, just don't like the idea of farming a x5 man thats so easy just to get a key to do another x5 man that is a bit less easier with a 5 day time limit and so on ...
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-10-01 at 06:48 AM.

Doing an instance 14 ilvls higher than it gives quite often will give you an underwhelming experience.

Well, that's why it has so many levels of difficulty, eventually it WILL be Shadow Labyrinth and worst.

Breaking News: doing content while overgeared makes it trivial. WoW is dead.

What a fucking joke of a thread.

Maybe you should've been doing it at 815-820, instead of 850.

You're supposed to do Mythic in ~820-825ish gear, we did them in 810 on launch days

Mythic+ is a lot harder.

Mythic baseline damage is 100%:

In mythic+10, everything deals double damage, so it's at 200%

if you have the +10 trash damage affix, it'll do 1.4x more - so 280%

this week the affixes at level 4 and 7 are for everything to deal double damage when below 30% HP (560% of Mythic damage) and for everything to apply a stacking debuff to whatever they hit which reduces healing taken. That quickly stacks up to taking half healing or even no healing if you're not stunning, kiting, killing stuff quickly and crowd controlling. The health of everything is similarly increased (at 2x - 2.4x regular Mythic).

These are the hardest and most rewarding dungeons in the history of WoW by a mile. Stop judging them based on a medium difficulty setting that you overgear. It's pretty trivial to farm keystones up, you can get from +2 to +8 in under an hour if you're really that good and then your key will only drop by 2 levels per week, before you know it you and all of your friends will be stuck at a higher level than you want :P
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2016-10-01 at 07:56 AM.

Yeah, I did a mythic 10 Maw of Souls today. Through my 56% SOTR King Ymiron hit me for 1.64 million damage. I have just over 3 mil health. If I don't have active mitigation up for every Dark Slash, he would literally kill me in one hit.

@Cempa You're doing the wrong content. Mythic+, (or mythic keystone dungeons as they're called in game) gets so unimaginably hard that you will wish they were as easy as doing Shadow Labyrinth.

I did regular mythics day 1 of the expansion, at 805 ilvl, and they were quite challenging at first.

The hardest part of Mythics is finding a healer.

Mythics+ - the healer hunt boss is still undefeated for me

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I just did my very first x5 man mythic run today, admittedly I am 854 so over geared (night before did a full raid run and went from 845 to 854) ..

I used to be a hard core raider up to Wrath in a top x10 EU guild and then shifted over to PvP and never looked back ..

Legion kind of pushed me back into PvE far more than I would like but hay, roll with the punches right? After leveling several toons I just realized that I don't actually recall wiping .. Now I must have wiped once or twice its that they are so few and far in between I just can't recall ..

Today I wanted to start on my artifact skin so opened up LFG and joined a x5 man EoE (Mythic) .... it felt like I was doing a leveling dungeon ..

I was expecting something that needed team work and CC and trash that hit like a boss .. Remember the very first time you did shadow labyrinth? I was expecting that .. But instead got something so easy why even call it Mythic?

I realize people like it this way much more, just last expansion when we got old world x5 man so many complained they were hard, so I understand Blizzards strategy.

I'll finish by saying I understand they introduced a new feature being Ketstone which will continue to go up as we get new tier of gear, just don't like the idea of farming a x5 man thats so easy just to get a key to do another x5 man that is a bit less easier with a 5 day time limit and so on ...

So.... Are you saying that you're doing something at 855ilvl when we started doing it at 805-810max ? Finding out it is too easy now, no kiding ...

At this point this isnt just overgearing, this is the step above called roflstomp.

Lvlup your key and try some mythic 7-10 while beating timers, an all other story.

10+ Year Old Account
    try mythic+10 and see if you feel the same.
    Hi

guys i just ran molten core at 110 and the bosses all died in 1 hit

how can blizzard get away with making raids that are so easy?

besides that though, honestly, legion dungeons are much easier than WoD dungeons were.

You know that Mythic dungeons are tuned for ilvl 825, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Legion Mythic are extremely easy compared to BC heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Maybe when compared to Shadow Labs, Arcatraz, and Shattered Halls. Other than those three, no. And they ramp way up with mythic keystones at higher levels to become harder than those by far.

I'magine going into an instance 30+ ilvl above what it is tuned for and feeling like the instance was easy. Somebody call the evening news.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Maybe when compared to Shadow Labs, Arcatraz, and Shattered Halls. Other than those three, no. And they ramp way up with mythic keystones at higher levels to become harder than those by far.
    I still have nightmares of my poor tank getting demolished by those damned infernals in the last room of Arcatraz...

I'm gonna assume you're joking because I don't want to believe humans are capable of such stupidity.

"I'm vastly overgeared (mythics are tuned for 830) and previously experienced, why was this content easy, game is dying."

To give an example what 24 ilvls of gear means: it's the difference between full pre-heroics in Wrath and full 10 man naxx gear. It's very significant overgearing.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2016-10-01 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    They're not, everyone just had shit gear for longer in BC

And how the fuck do you expect Blizzard to keep a dungeon "challenging" for those with ilvl over 9000? There's another option: go naked.