Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    is there any proof he was targeted because of the refugees? what if some1 just wanted his wallet and knocked him out because of it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    is there any proof he was targeted because of the refugees? what if some1 just wanted his wallet and knocked him out because of it.
    You mean if the attack itself wasnt done by xenophobes then despite death threats and threats of violence it would all be fine and dandy?

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Nothing. You cant prevent such crimes, police now has to search the attacker. Also how is this a xenophobic attack? Was the mayor a foreign born or a non ethnic german? If anything I would call this a political motivated attack (if it was, we dont know, could be private matters).

The right is slowly stepping up to the leftists in commiting such crimes.
    That is not true. There's a difference between leftwing and rightwing politically motiated crimes. While left wing crimes mostly damage property, right wing crimes result in assaulting people or killing them.

Police just released statistics a month ago. If I recall correctly, it was Frauke Petry from AfD who requested the figures. She wanted to prove how "dangerous" leftist extremists were, only to be proven that it is indeed right wing extremists who are much more dangerous.

Deleted
    If you want to help the refugees, take them in your home on your expenses, and if they commit a crime, be responsible for their actions with them.

Don't force them onto people in these kind of masses, because this is just a start, a tiny part of what's to come. You call these people neo-nazis? Wait until real neo-nazis come back in all it's glory and be sure that the majority of people will side with them.

This is not just some minor bureaucracy change that Merkel introduced, this is something that requies decades to implement, not a year ...

All we can do now is wait, because we all know deep down that camps will start reopening if more like last year's migration waves hit Europe again.

Deleted
    These attacks wont stop until the refugees are assimilated to german culture, or german culture is assimilated to theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    He was punished for betraying his country, by letting dangerous people in, this is what happens when politicians have their heads up in the clouds n live in a pink bubble, their decisions have terrible effects like NYE, sadly the only way to make these traitors see reason is to kick their arses. It's their own faults really.
    Kewl, when can we get rid of dangerous people like you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    These attacks wont stop until the refugees are assimilated to german culture, or german culture is assimilated to theirs.
    The problem are not the refugees. The problem is a very large portion of citizens of the former GDR (German Democratic Republic) who haven't adjusted to being part of the globalized world.

I have little hope for them, though, they haven't managed to adjust since 1989...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    If you want to help the refugees, take them in your home on your expenses, and if they commit a crime, be responsible for their actions with them.
    Its like I tell my Mayor: "Hey Mayor, if you want to allow white americans to live in here, better keep them at your home, or if their kids start buying guns and killing their schoolmates, or if their father becomes a cop and start to shoot our black citizens, you better take responsibility for their actions...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    The problem are not the refugees. The problem is a very large portion of citizens of the former GDR (German Democratic Republic) who haven't adjusted to being part of the globalized world.

I have little hope for them, though, they haven't managed to adjust since 1989...
    Basically it's that generation plus the successor generation which decided to stay rather than move to the West. The problem is also far older than 1989 though. The neonazi scene (the GDR government called it Rowdytum) in the GDR was very much established. When former Stasi and police officers warned the federal criminal office about it they were dismissed as exaggerating people who were just too indoctrinated still. Since the mindset has carried on to the next generation already, and it definitely has, same for the new generation after as well - yep, kids being taught how evil "niggers" and "jews" by their parents is not unusual here, there isn't really much hope. People who say it came with the refugees are incredibly naive or just have that timed snapshot of Germany where there was nothing before and suddenly they are up in arms and will go back to being docile and peaceful once these 'darn refugees' are out. It's not true though, they always had a group they could go after. At the very least their own countrymates, or those of them who were different, like non-straight (non-)native Germans (Biodeutsche).

However let's not derail. The attack happened in Schleswig-Holstein not in Saxony or any other former GDR region.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2016-10-01 at 08:41 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Good to see people standing up for their country

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    Good to see people standing up for their country
    If the radical left did that it wouldn't be called "standing up", it would be called as what it is: a cowardious attack on an elected official.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It was a top news story. What is the issue?
    How many refugees do yo have living with you and how many are you personally overseeing the care of? If the answer is zero then you are a hypocritical sack of shit and you should sell your keyboard to help a poor down trodden refugee. That would be a win win, you get to help your favorite type of person and this website won't be tormented by your bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    It is a shameful day in Germany, when people get attacked for voicing opinions. If you do not like a officials stance, you complain about it at the City Meetings, Back other Candidates, or do other legal means to address that issue, but you do not attack people.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    You mean if the attack itself wasnt done by xenophobes then despite death threats and threats of violence it would all be fine and dandy?
    i'm not saying that but what i'm saying is anytime a public figure or a mosque or a refugee centre burns down people are quick to shout out Nazis.. yet having 0 evidence that nazis actually carried out the attack. the threats could be from nazis, but they could also be from pro refugee citizens that just want to get rid of the more conservative citizens of germany. the news station is reporting based on speculation, not evidence.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i'm not saying that but what i'm saying is anytime a public figure or a mosque or a refugee centre burns down people are quick to shout out Nazis.. yet having 0 evidence that nazis actually carried out the attack. the threats could be from nazis, but they could also be from pro refugee citizens that just want to get rid of the more conservative citizens of germany. the news station is reporting based on speculation, not evidence.
    The "false flag" defense seems silly to me. Unless you have evidence it is then [reasonable to] assume that the easiest explanation is true, the letters are send by those interests they seem to have been send by

Doesnt mean nazi and i tried to avoid that word. It does mean that the so far most likely explanation in a world where those opposed to immigration include people throwing death threats, throwing threats of bodily harm, rejoicing when their opponents suffer harm is that that group has members that did the thing (and not here claiming it is the majority of the group)

You are right though that the violence could be random. Though again when threats have been thrown the possibility that the violence is related is more likely

Edit: Not even truly claiming only one group is opposed to immigration. But the subset of humanity opposed to immigration [from certain places] seen as a group is a group i guess
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2016-10-01 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    If the radical left did that it wouldn't be called "standing up", it would be called as what it is: a cowardious attack on an elected official.
    Depends on who describes it.

Antifa/Afa (who would self-describe as radical left) have used similar methods to silence the ones they deem "fascist", and I believe (but I am not 100% sure) they have used the term "standing up against fascism" - and I'm certain they don't describe their own attacks as "cowardious attacks".

However, using the term "left" here is using the wrong map. The anti-refugees persons who likely made the attack are not necessarily on the "right" on the political spectrum - they are just placed there since it is convenient for their opponents on the left.(

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    may be false flag too, but the next threat was in the mail already.

"Wer jetzt noch immer nicht hören will, wird bestimmt lieber fühlen." ...."Aus Knüppel wird Hammer, aus Hammer wird Axt."

translate on the run:
    "He who still not wants to listen, wants to feel now" "From club to hammer, from hammer to axe"
    Last edited by ranzino; 2016-10-01 at 10:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    We need a thread for every police matter or is OP trying to paint Germany as a some hell hole for refugees, oddly enough its the #1 destination unlike Canada..
    Tennis has a problem with the fact that Canada is literally a non-country as far as influence in things goes. Poor self-esteem leads to this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Depends on who describes it.

Antifa/Afa (who would self-describe as radical left) have used similar methods to silence the ones they deem "fascist", and I believe (but I am not 100% sure) they have used the term "standing up against fascism" - and I'm certain they don't describe their own attacks as "cowardious attacks".

However, using the term "left" here is using the wrong map. The anti-refugees persons who likely made the attack are not necessarily on the "right" on the political spectrum - they are just placed there since it is convenient for their opponents on the left.(
    If you are not taking offense at your democratically elected officials being subjected to violent attacks and death threats then you are not a good democrat, that is regardless of your political affiliation. The anti-refugee people are using vocabulary and arguments to defend their position which is heavily lending from old völkisch repertoire. It seems ridiculous to assume that they are just people with no particular stance.

Also, everytime these type of things happen the people who did are either lauded or defended because "the left does it too" or even better, it's never the right per se, it's always clearly the left or false-flag attack from the left. I have seen and experienced both in action several times in my life and I want to add that both spectra leave their own particular footprint and messages which are, and I'd like to add that too, not really interchangeable, neither by language used nor by vocabulary.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2016-10-01 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Jail time on top of an ass whooping? You are a cruel man brother.
    Says the guy who wants not only jail for this guy (the law) but an ass whooping on top of it? (cruel) You literally turned around and suggested the very thing that made this "Cruel" ya dufus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    As a German what are you doing to combat these xenophobic attacks?
    Im not a German but theres an easy solution to your problems - send the refugees back home and everyones happy! They can live under Sharia again without being harassed by nasty racists with their filthy Western liberal values and all those German racist wouldnt have a target any more so they'll go back to their basements.