Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Do you really want it to be properly "hidden", which in WoW terms can only mean hopelessly obscure and hidden behind a massive grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Hidden? I randomly looted mine and was trying to vendor it till I noticed what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Those View Post
    Well it's way better than the BM hunter "hidden" appearance. Sold for 6k by the engineer vendor -_-
    Thats because the appearance is fucking horrible, even the invasion bow looks better

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, reaching Artifact Knowledge 5 only unlocks the ability for you to acquire a binding. It doesn't give you a quest and if you hadn't read about it on the internet you likely wouldn't have found where to get the bindings until you randomly got a drop from one of the bosses one day.

Second of all, not all hidden appearances are created equal. One of the Vengeance Demon Hunter ones involves killing the demons that you can summon from a Class Hall trait. It's a rare drop from a trait that you might not even choose. Of course we all know how to get it, because most of us don't really care about the journey of discovery, we just want the reward, which is perfectly fine, but once you look it up you lose any ability to then complain about it not being hidden enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    First of all, reaching Artifact Knowledge 5 only unlocks the ability for you to acquire a binding. It doesn't give you a quest and if you hadn't read about it on the internet you likely wouldn't have found where to get the bindings until you randomly got a drop from one of the bosses one day.
    Except that reaching the AK and running the dungeon is a normal thing to do. It's like hiding your cookies in the oven.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Except that reaching the AK and running the dungeon is a normal thing to do. It's like hiding your cookies in the oven.
    Not a guaranteed drop and at this point, I only run dungeons if I have a Mythic Keystone for them, so a player could go weeks or perhaps even longer without getting a binding unless they looked it up and purposely ran those two dungeons every week.

Deleted
    Reaching the AK and using two lame old random grey drop books from AV and DM is not a normal thing to do. We only know this because someone in the Beta was a vanilla paladin and still knew about the Ashbringer fan theory from 2006. Otherwise, it would be literally impossible to figure out.

Yes, I'm talking about the Ret Paladin Skin, but it does take one skin to make a point.

Arms Warrior one is still completely unknown.
    Fire Mage one is rumored to be triggered by killing mobs in Suramar City but not confirmed.
    Unholy DK one is rumored to have something to do with the Undead (Sylvanas) blight casks around the world, but unconfirmed.

Hidden means that there's no official information about them, just like the hidden squid mount and tentacle pet.
    It's "forcing" players to think and collaborate about things that isn't directly making them more powerful and in my eyes it's one of the best "thrills" I've had for many many years outside raiding. Yes when some skin is discovered it'll blow up and no longer be exciting but for the time it's still hidden, shrouded in mystery: holy balls it's fun!
    Throws me back to when people fished for Ashbringer and so on, good fun!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Well, look at the Unholy DK skin. We don't have the faintest fucking clue about it.
    We didnt have the faintest clue about a lot of them. Then it turned out to be a artifact knowledge gated thing. Thats the issue, they arent hidden, they just require you to hit X AK then watch it drop from, often unrelated, places.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Reaching the AK and using two lame old random grey drop books from AV and DM is not a normal thing to do. We only know this because someone in the Beta was a vanilla paladin and still knew about the Ashbringer fan theory from 2006. Otherwise, it would be literally impossible to figure out.

Yes, I'm talking about the Ret Paladin Skin, but it does take one skin to make a point.
    To be fair, Paladin is as bit of an exception. All the other AK gated artifacts are just "Hit AK, watch it drop doing normal content"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Fire Mage one is rumored to be triggered by killing mobs in Suramar City but not confirmed.
    Unholy DK one is rumored to have something to do with the Undead (Sylvanas) blight casks around the world, but unconfirmed.

Hidden means that there's no official information about them, just like the hidden squid mount and tentacle pet.
    It's "forcing" players to think and collaborate about things that isn't directly making them more powerful and in my eyes it's one of the best "thrills" I've had for many many years outside raiding. Yes when some skin is discovered it'll blow up and no longer be exciting but for the time it's still hidden, shrouded in mystery: holy balls it's fun!
    That's precisely OP's point. The "thrill of discovery" goes rapidly down the drain once you find out that you've been miserably wasting your time speculating because all you had to do from the beginning was to reach AK 5.
    Last edited by mingarrubia; 2016-10-01 at 02:02 PM.

The hunt for the hidden appearance, even though personally i only followed the outlaw rogue one, was exciting. Lots of discussion, lots of theory spinning, lots of strange things to be found and analyzed. There were also lot of useless reposts of useless information, but it's the internet, it's to be expected.

In the end however, all it took was Artifact Knowledge at a certain level to get items that start the quests.
    So, is my definition ofg hidden skewed, or is this some of the laziest designs ever, not to mention so much wasted potential for awesome clue hunting, it hurts all of my creative neurons.

Somebody at Blizzard failed big time, it's like an awesome bossfight with a lore laden villain without any mechanics. (sorry Patchwerk, we still like you)
    except only some of them where locked behind certing artfact knowlege... most of them were obtainable from the very start or required specific things...

That's all nice and dandy, but i was specifically talking about the outlaw Thunderfury skin, which so lazily "hidden" that i refuse to believe that someone got paid for it.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    That's precisely OP's point. The "thrill of discovery" goes rapidly down the drain when you find out that you've been miserably wasting your time speculating because all you had to do from the beginning was to reach AK 5.
    except its not just AK 5 there is tons more, and only 5 specs required a certin AK level... the rest were obtainable from the start

At least your hidden artifact isn't 2 ugly shields glued to your hands...

Damn I have fucking hate every iteration of Vengeance artifacts...

We assumed that the prot artifact would have something to do with the Pale One Drogbar, turns out it was just *Hit AK* *get artifact*
    We assumed the fire mage artifact would require all sorts of things involving stars and constelations. Turns out it was *hit AK* *random drop in Suramar*

A lot of speculation is dying now since people are see that a lot of these hidden appearances we thought would be complicated, are just hitting a certain AK and watching it drop. Thats all thunder fury is. Hit an AK, and then watch the bits drop in dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except only some of them where locked behind certing artfact knowlege... most of them were obtainable from the very start or required specific things...
    The following weapons require a certain AK:
    Havoc DH
    Balance Druid
    Feral Druid
    Arcane Mage
    Fire Mage
    Frost Mage
    Holy Paladin
    Ret Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Assassin Rogue
    Outlaw Rogue
    Elem Shaman
    Afliction Warlock
    Demo Warlock
    Fury Warrior
    Prot Warrior

The following are still not found:
    Frost DK
    Unholy DK
    Arms Warrior

So 16 to 19 out of 36 specs require a certain AK.

- - - Updated - - -

except its not just AK 5 there is tons more, and only 5 specs required a certin AK level... the rest were obtainable from the start
    All thats required for Thunderfury is getting AK5 then spamming two dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    We assumed that the prot artifact would have something to do with the Pale One Drogbar, turns out it was just *Hit AK* *get artifact*
    We assumed the fire mage artifact would require all sorts of things involving stars and constelations. Turns out it was *hit AK* *random drop in Suramar*

A lot of speculation is dying now since people are see that a lot of these hidden appearances we thought would be complicated, are just hitting a certain AK and watching it drop. Thats all thunder fury is. Hit an AK, and then watch the bits drop in dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

The following weapons require a certain AK:
    Havoc DH
    Balance Druid
    Feral Druid
    Arcane Mage
    Fire Mage
    Frost Mage
    Holy Paladin
    Ret Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Assassin Rogue
    Outlaw Rogue
    Elem Shaman
    Afliction Warlock
    Demo Warlock
    Fury Warrior
    Prot Warrior

The following are still not found:
    Frost DK
    Unholy DK
    Arms Warrior

So 16 to 19 out of 36 specs require a certain AK.

- - - Updated - - -

All thats required for Thunderfury is getting AK5 then spamming two dungeons.
    and getting some infernal brimstone, again these are still hidden, if you dident use google to look these up, you would have to randomly stumble upon them

also frost mage needs a class hall talent, not AK

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    That's precisely OP's point. The "thrill of discovery" goes rapidly down the drain once you find out that you've been miserably wasting your time speculating because all you had to do from the beginning was to reach AK 5.
    Outside AK and rep grinds "walling off" some skins the design is epic fun.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

and getting some infernal brimstone, again these are still hidden, if you dident use google to look these up, you would have to randomly stumble upon them

also frost mage needs a class hall talent, not AK
    It needs both.

It also seems you're being purposely dense.

The problem here is that many assumed these artifact would be something you could think out, explore around, and find with hard work and puzzling bits and pieces out. Turns out, many people wasted many hours when all it was, was hitting a certain AK, then finding it doing normal stuff.

Thats why the hunt for the last three is dying so quickly. Everyones just so sure its behind either A. Artifact Knowledge or B. Wardens rep (since no ones exalted it yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It needs both.
    idk i saw somone with it pretty early on into the expansion, what # does it require? cause some of those require 4 well some require 5, there may be some threes

It's "forcing" players to think and collaborate about things that isn't directly making them more powerful and in my eyes it's one of the best "thrills" I've had for many many years outside raiding.
    Well, the DH Havoc skin was a massive fail in the end.

To think and collaborate? The name of the skin is not even remotely close to the things we have to do to get it.

Guise of the Deathwalker , you would think it has something to do with Helya or some dead things, but no. Just loot a random trinket in suramar, go talk to a npc that randomly sent you flying for shady reason and kill a named with no relation whatsoever to the Artifact skin and bingo you have it.

Even the flavor text explain nothing from where it came " Belonging to a long lost master " ok... well, the way of getting it is not even close with the skin and the name of the artifact.

Such a letdown it was...