Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    As long as you are ok it also applies to US, it's perfect fine. Made no mistakes here: the world outside WILL claim your representatives are accountable and hold them in custody and order them around until the cow comes home.
    There is gonna be so many lawsuits against America and our govt will have 0 ground to deny them.
    They still might, but they will be seen as hypocrites to the whole world.

Good job congress. Not like the world didnt hate us enough.

As long as you are ok it also applies to US, it's perfect fine. Made no mistakes here: the world outside WILL claim your representatives are accountable and hold them in custody and order them around until the cow comes home.
    Of course. Plenty of Americans have done horrible things in the Middle East and should be held accountable.

- - - Updated - - -

It is fucking retarded to dictate guilt and innocence and protect guilty individuals just because they were born on a piece of dirt half around the world from somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't McConnell vote for the override?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So insulting folks that have a different view of a situation is accepted, right here in front of the moderators... Got it... Should I get infracted for going after one of you I'll be sure to hold this up... Keep on doing what your doing. Not walking away, going to laugh at the dishonesty and bias present.
    You sound like a stereotypical southern american, toting yer guns and refusing to listen to arguments you don't like.

On topic, I love how these incompetent fuckers have been in Congress for so long. Democratic country my ass.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Didn't McConnell vote for the override?
    well, yes; sometimes people do very stupid things ?

10+ Year Old Account
    well, yes; sometimes people do very stupid things ?
    I just think it's hilarious.

Berates Obama for vetoing JASTA.
    Votes to override Obama's veto.
    Condemns Congress for overriding Obama's veto.
    Blames Obama.

Maybe he should get some of that personal responsibility the Republicans keep telling my generation to get.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You sound like a stereotypical southern american, toting yer guns and refusing to listen to arguments you don't like.

On topic, I love how these incompetent fuckers have been in Congress for so long. Democratic country my ass.
    Since we are suggesting how someone sounds... naw... you aren't worth the infraction, since its obvious that you'd run and cry to the moderators if I responded to you in kind.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Since we are suggesting how someone sounds... naw... you aren't worth the infraction, since its obvious that you'd run and cry to the moderators if I responded to you in kind.
    Oh no please go ahead. Let's not be weak motherfuckers who care about infractions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Oh no please go ahead. Let's not be weak motherfuckers who care about infractions.
    I'll pass, but by all means continue to bait if you see fit.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    It doesn't seem that bad to me honestly. It seems like it holds people individually accountable instead of just pretending that your nationality determines your innocence. I don't know much about the bill but that is the gist of what I've read.
    No, you misread it. It does not hold individuals accountable. It allows people to sue foreign governments for actions by their citizens as long as the plaintiff can provide evidence that those citizens may have been endorsed by the government. It's a shitshow that tramples all over the idea of sovereignty.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    No, you misread it. It does not hold individuals accountable. It allows people to sue foreign governments for actions by their citizens as long as the plaintiff can provide evidence that those citizens may have been endorsed by the government. It's a shitshow that tramples all over the idea of sovereignty.
    Seems like justice to me. Sovereignty is a useless value if it means that people can't be held accountable for wrongful acts.

Seems like justice to me. Sovereignty is a useless value if it means that people can't be held accountable for wrongful acts.
    Not people, governments being held accountable for actions of their citizens. We already have this nifty thing called "extradition" if someone is accused of a crime but has fled to another nation.

No, this is on both parties, unfortunately. Congress as a whole were covering their asses for reelection time.
    That's all it was about.

Both parties want to get reelected so they voted to veto this. This is something both parties do a lot just so ppl will reelect them even if the bill they are voting for is horseshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are you going to collect your court results from another country? When they don't show up, you send them subpoena? Issue a warrant for the detention of a country?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How are you going to collect your court results from another country? When they don't show up, you send them subpoena? Issue a warrant for the detention of a country?
    Seize their assets. And if you "miss" the trial: hey you just lost the case.

Seize their assets. And if you "miss" the trial: hey you just lost the case.
    Saudi Arabia by now has very few assets left in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not people, governments being held accountable for actions of their citizens. We already have this nifty thing called "extradition" if someone is accused of a crime but has fled to another nation.
    Which, frankly they should, especially if they are complicit or turn a blind eye to such actions.

The problem of course becomes when a nation uses the world as it's sandbox. A law such as this bodes ill for any nation whose members or even rogue elements may be kicking sand around in someone else's playground. Even nations that are less active in the world or ones that used to do so but whose effects are still felt. The Dutch could be sued for Apartheid! The US could be sued over South African missionaries who preach anti-gay hate!

Countries need to make a much greater effort to keep their hands to themselves unless asked and also to reel in their rogue elements.

But yes, this is going to going to bite the US (it's citizens, it's government and more) on the ass pretty hardcore.

Just, be kind.

Didn't Turtleman aka Mitch McConnell at one point threaten to filibuster his own bill because it turned out that Obama and the Dems did actually support it?
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Didn't Turtleman aka Mitch McConnell at one point threaten to filibuster his own bill because it turned out that Obama and the Dems did actually support it?
    He actually did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    It was actually even dumber than that. He introduced the bill specifically to "prove" the Democrats didn't have enough votes to shift more power over the debt limit from Congress to the President, then was forced to filibuster it when it became clear that they actually did.