Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

We have been heard!

Looks like we've got someones attention!!

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=17#post-336

Hooray for constructive criticism!

It's a good first step, but I wouldn't hold my breath on getting any changes before 7.1...

No mention of frost eh? Either they know how bad it is and it doesn't need to be said, or they are ignoring it and just figuring the buffs they gave us were enough.

I don't even want more damage. I feel fine. I just want a better movement cd

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 frost nerfs, being above the tank is unacceptable.

For a second I had hopes our cries about hidden artifact skin were heard...
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Blood is fun but far too spiky to heal through and overall just squishy on anything above heroics, and the way death strike works as an active mitigation is just stupid. It's a reactive ability.

Unholy has some really nice output on both AoE and single target, middle to low single target though, perhaps if death coil wasn't quite possibly the weakest ability with a resource cost in the game I wouldn't feel so bad about having to press it. Currently it serves literally as nothing more than a way to get back to pressing my good buttons however with set piece it'll change thankfully.

Frost is outclassed by unholy in every single department, at least as far as I can tell, maybe better burst, but aside from that, ew.

I'd like unholy to have talents that weren't a joke like defile, it's an iconic ability and it's just fucking awful. Soul reaper is nice, it feels good, the haste it gives is meaningful and it actually hits like a truck too. I really think death coil actually hitting for meaningful damage would make the spec both feel better, and be more competitive on the dps too.

Eh. Meh. God knows how long it will take to see anything come from this. Wraith Walk is still using the placeholder animation they said they'd replace in beta and gets stuck on pebbles that I can barely bunny hop over with my 5k Glyph. I'm not holding my breath on any meaningful changes coming anytime soon when crap like that goes unaddressed for so long.

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Deleted
    Only took them over a month to acknowledge us. Meanwhile Prot Warriors get nerfed. People cry about it and make a petition. Blizzard say they don't like petitions nor do they take them seriously. A few hours later they have a rework ready for warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    For a second I had hopes our cries about hidden artifact skin were heard...
    All of this, nerf us, just give us a clue.

I saw that and noticed how he avoided mentioning Frost. I don't want to think that means they think its fine. I mean, he mentioned Unholy and Unholy is performing way better than Frost so let's hope it was implied.
    Last edited by Dracovian; 2016-10-01 at 05:26 AM.

you dont need to mention frost when its clearly the worst spec in the game.

It was a "YES, even you Unholy Dks! we see you struggling as well" not a "Unholy needs to be addressed because frost was clearly fixed"

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post

It was a "YES, even you Unholy Dks! we see you struggling as well" not a "Unholy needs to be addressed because frost was clearly fixed"
    I hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post

Unless they say that directly, it's hard to assume that's the case. They did just substantially buff frost for it to still be the bottom. I don't see them doing another tuning pass pre-7.1 for frost. Even still, the damage to frost in the raiding scene with the try-hard guilds is substantial. I have still eat to find a mediocre guild due to being frost. I could join some guild who's struggling in heroic but that's not the environment I really want to be in to just pick up and leave once my shaman/rogue are where I want them to be. Either way, I hope you're right but blizzard needs to be very clear about all three specs. Cause blood is shit, frost is shit, and unholy is mediocre. That's not really a great spot for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGrazer View Post
    I don't even want more damage. I feel fine. I just want a better movement cd
    Damage is very low for Frost and somewhat low for Unholy, but the point made in that thread is very much relevant-- DK near-complete lack of mobility was supposed to be compensated by higher damage when in-range. That did not happen.

Back in the day, all specs were balanced on single-target damage only. Some specs did negligible AE while others dominated, often trading off utility for AE. But that wasn't valid-- AE is not utility, or secondary in any way, it is absolutely essential for every spec in the game.

Mobility is the same way. Obviously every spec doesn't need to be identical, but everybody needs some form of useful mobility. DKs don't need base 130% runspeed plus a long-duration short-cooldown sprint like Rogues... but we do need base 115% mobility (as DKs have had from 2008 through 7.0!!), or a much, much, better sprint.

And even once that's done, Frost still needs substantial number buffs and Unholy (likely) a small one.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-10-01 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Unholy (likely) a small one.
    Unholy needs less of a numbers 'buff' and more of a scaling buff. Our damage is fine... for item level 835, while wearing 850+ gear. We don't scale as well as the others do because of the series of nerfs our core abilities got in beta/HFC Pre-patch, plus things like Dark Arbiter and every legendary but our bracers being nerfed into the ground.

As it stands there's two paths that can keep Unholy middle-upper pack competitive - which we need since we bring ZERO utility outside of Grip - and that's either increasing our scaling on all our abilites with strength by a factor (The 'Unholy MIght' buff) while unnerfing all our legendaries back to previous levels, OR leaving scaling alone and basically just giving every ability all specs have a flat 15-20% numbers buff.

I'm expecting the latter, personally. Because the former would require blizzard to actually RESCIND a nerf we told them was crippling, and that'll never happen unless we're Warlocks or Mages.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Rejoice. It is sad that you need to have a US account to be heard though. But thank you US colleagues for putting it forward, we need this, both for DPS and tanking alike.

didnt realize blood dks were in a bad place, might explain why i feel kinda squishy on mine. granted my gear is garbage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    Blood is fun but far too spiky to heal through and overall just squishy on anything above heroics, and the way death strike works as an active mitigation is just stupid. It's a reactive ability.

Unholy has some really nice output on both AoE and single target, middle to low single target though, perhaps if death coil wasn't quite possibly the weakest ability with a resource cost in the game I wouldn't feel so bad about having to press it. Currently it serves literally as nothing more than a way to get back to pressing my good buttons however with set piece it'll change thankfully.

Frost is outclassed by unholy in every single department, at least as far as I can tell, maybe better burst, but aside from that, ew.

I'd like unholy to have talents that weren't a joke like defile, it's an iconic ability and it's just fucking awful. Soul reaper is nice, it feels good, the haste it gives is meaningful and it actually hits like a truck too. I really think death coil actually hitting for meaningful damage would make the spec both feel better, and be more competitive on the dps too.
    I hope they make death coil great again too. They should make it actually impactful, both giving us a tool for ranged if we have the RP for it and make it worthwhile for its damage. Right now it is merely a trigger on our scourge strike buff and set bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    didnt realize blood dks were in a bad place, might explain why i feel kinda squishy on mine. granted my gear is garbage.
    If you ever tried tanking a mythic that is +5 or higher, and then watch a guardian druid tank the exact same mythic+ then you will understand how far away blood actually is. I know comparing us to a druid is like comparing a sand dam the little kids build on the beach with the Chinese wall, but then again, that we are so far apart is the problem.