Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    In the recent xpacks is becoming pretty obvious that blizzard don't like the auto-matchmaking system and take any chance they have to push peoples outside it, they first purged it for any kind of reward beside gear, they then proceeded into making that gear inferior to what can be obtained in outside world (upgraded timeless, baleful, and now WQ gear), right now in every thread someone rise an argument the preferred answer is "us the group finder".

The last major attemp to drive peoples outside it is to create dungeon without this option, Arcway, CoS and Karazhan i'm pretty much sure that if not in a future legion patch next xpack they will make a raid without it.

Let's face it the auto-matchmaking as been invented by Blizzard and right now there is no mmo of a certain quality that don't have it, i remember peoples crying in swtor chat and forum asking for it, i see FFXIV has it for all the difficulties except the equivalent of wow mythic, but seem that it's own inventor is now trying to kill it.

what did you think?

note: i'm not talking about the difficulties, i'm specifically talking about the auto-matchmaking tool, FFXIV has proved that you can put normal and heroic in an automated system and peoples still kill the bosses with the same success rate of the manual looking for a group, the choice to make lfr and lfg extremely easy is from Blizzard alone.
    Won't happen. They are just playing around with Mythic content to make it a neat feature for groups that organize.

Since we're on the [speculation] train.

[speculation] Blizzard will remove realms all 1 realm.

There, I speculated about as on point as you did.

Doesn't seem like they are, no idea what you're talking about. I wish they were planning it though.

I don't think blizz is trying to get rid of LFD tool.

They just realized that it isn't necessary for EVERYTHING.

It works for:

BGs
    Arena
    Normal Dungeons
    Heroic Dungeons
    Timewalking Dungeons (finding people to run "old" content can be a pain if the rewards aren't equal to new stuff).

Fails for:

Mythics (people need to feel invested for the coordination to be here)
    Normal Raids
    Heroic Raids
    Mythic Raids
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. You're not playing alone when you use auto queue, you have the same people, the same bullies there as in group finder, the only difference is that with auto queuing they're just randoms picked by a machine, more inclined to look at you as another number, another cog, than another person trying to achieve a similar goal. And if push comes to shove, leaving a group finder party is no different, except you don't get a deserter debuff from doing that, making group finder even more appealing to people with little patience for toxic behavior. You do have to fly to the portal (or at least 2 people have to) but that's a small price to pay imo.
    Pretty sure what he means is, is that if you're in a group that a human being is the leader of, you can be kicked by the whims of a single person, for anything, really. An auto-group requires a vote. The latter can still be abused, but it's way less open to abuse than the former.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Why does it matter?? So you have more bullshit ammo to say "WTF Blizzard, only 40% of your players are doing mythics, see how fucking stupid it was to make them hard and require a group" then if they did make the auto finder available, I WOULD LOVE to see the stats on how many posts are created saying "OMG, mythics are too hard, nerf these" or the stats on how many were actually completed with the original group that entered., if completed at all before people gave up.
    why? i played FFXIV and i assure you the dungeon and the raids are unforgiving even more than wow you stand in the aoe you die, nearly one shot mechanic, and i've done ton of run, some wipe sure but the percentage of success was the same as an average pug doing normal.

It's a blizzard choice to make lfr and lfd easy and is also a choice of them to keep engaging content without an auto-matchmaking system.

What i see is blizzard attitude both it's actions and various devs/cms on intervievs/forum posts/twits to push, lure and in some case force peoples to walk away from the auto-matchmaking system, i don't think it's only me who has noted this behavior; it's almost like they are preparing the path for a future removal.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Of course they won't. They are aware of the fact that removing it would kill the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The system has pretty much always just been for heroic 5 mans, lfr, and BGs. That hasn't changed since it was put in in wotlk.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP has lost his/her mind? There are so many reasons ... NO.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would be a step backwards and a pretty retarded move.
    That said, I wouldn't put it passed Blizzard.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I don't buy this argument at all. It takes the same amount of time (less if you're a DPS) to just form a group on Group Finder. Your "grown up life with families and professions" isn't stopping you from doing mythic dungeons, your lack of basic social skills is.
    Self proclaimed casuals like to keep using this argument when in reality it is in fact either what you said, or they're bad and refuse to get better and hide behind this guise of being casual and that it's somehow stopping them. Casuals can EASILY clear heroic raids while still having a job and a family.

If I was to blind guess I would say they are going to add in more non-matching making content but not remove it from the game. Most things will still have it. Exclusives look like the plan going forward.

Deleted
    seriously doubt this is ever gonna happen.

I am an adult (40 years old), have a family (wife and 2 kids), and work a 40-50hr/week job. Yet I STILL find time to play this game, even organized raiding and mythic+s without using ANY form of group finder. This entire "I have a life, wife, job outside of wow, I need things to be quick and easy" is the most asanine arguement ever, and one of the MAJOR reasons things in this game have become so retardedly easy. IF YOU DON"T HAVE THE TIME TO PLAY AN MMO STYLE GAME, then go somewhere else. Stop expecting a game company to design their game around YOUR lifestyle..if you want to play their game, then find a way to move YOUR lifestyle to their game.
    Where to begin....describing a different opinion as "asanine" when we are all merely trying to discuss the topic at hand smells a bit of intolerance on your behalf, and it's probably people like you who I don't have time for during my free time. Also during your caps filled rant....you are missing the major point. You simply cannot remove a public good (generally free resource) without expecting a backlash. Imagine having to pay for sunshine or air next month. So while match making has been part of the game, if it were removed, Blizzard would face severe backlash because now it is essentially a public good.

So your drivel about "Stop expecting a game company to design their game around YOUR lifestyle".....mate...Blizzard already has met that expectation by providing match making and LFR. So you are not making any sense because we are talking about the possibility of REMOVING an existing service for a particular demographic. As a former server top 10 raider (who is also 40 with a fam / career), I can also tell you if you do all you say you do, and STILL do organized raids, someone or something in your household is paying the price for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    I don't think blizz is trying to get rid of LFD tool.

They just realized that it isn't necessary for EVERYTHING.

It works for:

BGs
    Arena
    Normal Dungeons
    Heroic Dungeons
    Timewalking Dungeons (finding people to run "old" content can be a pain if the rewards aren't equal to new stuff).

Fails for:

Mythics (people need to feel invested for the coordination to be here)
    Normal Raids
    Heroic Raids
    Mythic Raids
    Pretty much this, I don't see them removing it just removing a lot of incentives that makes players that don't belong there feeling forced to participate. Which is a good thing imo.

There is not really any LESS content with matchmaking, is there? Still being used for heroics, normal and LFR's. It is just that Blizzard added new and different content that don't use matchmaking. Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons are more akin to being a small raid, rather than being a randomized LFG. The whole point is that you gather a group and do it together, specially on the harder Mythic+ difficulties, rather than just roflstomp through 20 of them in a day in a randomized group where nobody ever say a word.

No way. Will they keep trying to push people into non-matchmade content? for sure. Blizzard wants it all.

Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    Thats how a lot of us grown ups with families and professions are able to still enjoy this game to a certain degree. If they ever removed it id fuck off back to Battlefield 1 and the likes. Casuals would exodus.
    Casuals did just fine playing this game before the auto matchmaker. The game peaked in WotLK where the matchmaker was introduced (It wasn't there starting out in WotLK), but what people seem to forget when spouting that whole "12 mil players in WotLK!" bit is that the game gained 10+ million players before such conveniences were anywhere near the live servers. Casuals used to do 10man raids on the weekend, when they had time. Casuals used to take the game at their own pace, rather than feel shackled to the perceived bleeding edge. If you are grown up, then your enjoyment comes from personal satisfaction, not from your perceived stance in relation to the (game) world around you.

So, I disagree with your unfounded claim that "casuals would exodus," based on the game's history. I'm sure Battlefield 1 would love to have you if you cannot handle the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Casuals did just fine playing this game before the auto matchmaker. The game peaked in WotLK where the matchmaker was introduced (It wasn't there starting out in WotLK), but what people seem to forget when spouting that whole "12 mil players in WotLK!" bit is that the game gained 10+ million players before such conveniences were anywhere near the live servers. Casuals used to do 10man raids on the weekend, when they had time. Casuals used to take the game at their own pace, rather than feel shackled to the perceived bleeding edge. If you are grown up, then your enjoyment comes from personal satisfaction, not from your perceived stance in relation to the (game) world around you.

So, I disagree with your unfounded claim that "casuals would exodus," based on the game's history. I'm sure Battlefield 1 would love to have you if you cannot handle the above.
    As someone who has always been a "casual" (read: I've only ever raided subbing for other folks in the guild) and most active during WotLK, lemme tell you this much: trying to get a non-guild group going for anything before LFD was implemented was a pain in the ass. Just like with the current LFG system, most people were just looking for an easy carry, which meant they were all looking for 6500+ GearScore (anyone remember that add-on?) to clear daily heroics that could be done in 10 minutes by any even mildly competent 4400 GS group.

Between having to trawl around for 40 minutes on my Hunter looking for a group that wouldn't kick me out because I had the gall to try to get a heroic dungeon done without being fully decked out in full Heroic 25-man ICC gear, and letting the game automatically pair me with a random group of 4 other a-holes over the same 40 minutes, I embraced the matchmaker. As annoying as some of those random idiots were, they were still less annoying than trying to find a group that doesn't have "need full raid gear for our daily heroic dungeon group" as its tagline. At least I could quest, or solo old content, or do about a dozen other things while the matchmaker did its thing, as opposed to having to stare at the LFG list hoping to find something useful.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Why does it matter?? So you have more bullshit ammo to say "WTF Blizzard, only 40% of your players are doing mythics, see how fucking stupid it was to make them hard and require a group" then if they did make the auto finder available, I WOULD LOVE to see the stats on how many posts are created saying "OMG, mythics are too hard, nerf these" or the stats on how many were actually completed with the original group that entered., if completed at all before people gave up.
    Calm down dear. I'm just interested in the data.