Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because men want purity. Their ego wants to think they are something special, that they are either the only one, or at least one of very few, who have had the so-called 'forbidden fruit' of a woman. Any woman that has been around the block is considered damaged goods and tainted, and nobody wants that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Personally speaking as a woman, the idea of exchanging bodily fluids with different people all willy nilly makes me feel grossed out. Call me a prude or old fashioned, but I rather like having a mental connection and mutual respect and understanding with a potential sex partner.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Because men want purity. Their ego wants to think they are something special, that they are either the only one, or at least one of very few, who have had the so-called 'forbidden fruit' of a woman. Any woman that has been around the block is considered damaged goods and tainted, and nobody wants that.
    First, there's a huge distance between purity and promiscuity;

Second, not only men, but women also want to feel special to their partner.

From our historical sex-negative culture and repression of female sexuality in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    The flaw of polygyny is that due to the fact that one male sires so many of the offspring, there is less genetic diversity in the community.
    1 man, 3 women = 3 combinations

1 woman, 3 men = 3 combinations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    So, if a woman doesn't like "slutty men" (don't know whats the right world for men who just want to f*** around in english), is this because she is not receiving sex from those men ?
    Because usually it is men who call someone slut...

Many rational reasons listed in this thread, and another one is men don't want to be cuckolded. When they know a woman has been with 9999 guys they feel less likely it will be their genes to be passed on. Women always know the kid is theirs regardless of promiscuity.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    One gender getting multiple sexual parnters is a lot easier than the other, on average.

So for the gender where it's realtivetly harder, it's considered a feat/accomplishment.

The other, not so much.
    The skill involved is one thing. There is also the fact that it is usually WOMEN who do the slut shaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Because usually it is men who call someone slut...
    I'll assume you're being sarcastic here, as that's not actually the case.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-10-01 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I don't really like this saying outside of relationships. In a monogamous relationship, I can see how this applies when considering cheating. But if you are single, why are you locked up? You are free to do as you wish. You want no strings attached sex? Have at it.
    It's like this movie one of my professors had us watch with Reese Witherspoon that kinda triggered me a little in the opposite light of what the OP is saying honestly. It's based on a book that is a true story of this woman who was hiking the entire Pacific Coast Trail from like Mexico to Canada and it was somehow her redeeming herself for being a massive drug addicted whore who had sex with like literally tons of men while she was married. I mean if that were a man rather than a woman it would be like "omg he's such a terrible person and how is hiking absolving him" and yet she was so "strong" etc.

Essentially what I'm saying is it seems like in a relationship the tables are turned where if a woman cheats it's not nearly as frowned upon as if a man were to cheat. When not in a relationship if a woman sleeps around it's worse than if a man sleeps around to society.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I never said you need to respect them. In fact, who you respect is entirely up to you. But a person's sexual proclivities don't make them any less of a person than anyone else.
    There's people who think I'm less of a man for having a small dick... Sometimes you just have to let people think what they're going to think

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The skill involved is one thing. There is also the fact that it is usually WOMEN who do the slut shaming.
    Men do their fair share of slut shaming.

A lot of people say it's the dude not getting any. The people that say that have either never had a close knit group of guy friends, never had a group of guy friends that all had sex with one girl, or both.

Listen in on any group of guys when they talk about the girl that "smashed the homies". They don't respect those hoes. They're laughing stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    I've never understood why men who have a lot of sex with different women are viewed in a positive light while girls who do the same with men are viewed negatively.

Why do you think this is the case? Isn't it good for men that women wants to have sex with more men?
    Regarding the bold part, last time I checked Players \ Pick-Up Artists are worse than Hitler and no better than rapists.

Outside of "Bro"-circles no one idolatrizes men for having lots of conquests. Most people, in fact, do not care either way what one person, male or female, do with their personal life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    "'A key that can open many locks is called a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys is a shitty lock.'”
    I've never tried fucking a lock.. I always ever go for the treasure box.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

If I'm to rationalise what most think ( in my case I dislike promiscuity because to me sex needs emotional value to be worthwhile ) I guess if you're to compare a woman that's had 120 partners and one that's had 2 and only in relationships which do you think you'd be more likely to have a long relationship with? Which would be more likely to cheat or find another guy?

Yeah.

Because humans are apes and apes are territorial and possessive thus wanting the woman to belong to them. Same reason virgins were/are so prized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu
    I guess if you're to compare a woman that's had 120 partners and one that's had 2 and only in relationships which do you think you'd be more likely to have a long relationship with? Which would be more likely to cheat or find another guy?
    My money is on the one who only had two partners. She sounds like she is seeking 'a relationship' and since she has a very limited sample size she is more likely to encounter someone new and sparkly sometime after meeting you. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom
    Is there some rule that I'm not aware of, that says it's only appropriate if you're in a committed relationship?
    Threads like this always make me happy that I live in China now. Dating here is a meat market, and they still have bride price, but at least they are up front about social expectations that say a woman is expected to get married before she is thirty (no, not just the timing, but flat out the expectation that she *will* get married) and have a kid. Then I come into a thread like this and read messages rooted in control and paranoia, from countries that have supposedly moved past those things.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    My money is on the one who only had two partners. She sounds like she is seeking 'a relationship' and since she has a very limited sample size she is more likely to encounter someone new and sparkly sometime after meeting you. YMMV

Threads like this always make me happy that I live in China now. Dating here is a meat market, and they still have bride price, but at least they are up front about social expectations that say a woman is expected to get married before she is thirty (no, not just the timing, but flat out the expectation that she *will* get married) and have a kid. Then I come into a thread like this and read messages rooted in control and paranoia, from countries that have supposedly moved past those things.

My money is on the 120.

People tend to value something less the more they have of it. It's the same reason why you go to a buffet thinking you're going to be hot shit and leave after two plates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman
    It's the same reason why you go to a buffet thinking you're going to be hot shit and leave after two plates.
    Sigh. Sticky keyboard issues and now you confess to being a buffet noob ... Do you even buffet, BANNzo?

There probably are generational issues though. I would have grown up in the 60s and started dating in the early, mid 70s and times were different. That is part of why the seeming need for control in some posts seems like such a huge step backwards for me. For posters who are barely old enough to legally obtain beer in the US, 120 partners must seem like some form of hyperbole and at my age that's the equivalent of, well, not quite three a year on average.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Nah bungee. The one with 2 partners won't cheat at all merely because they want more than just sex which is why their sample size is smaller.

Someone that had dozens of partners will always be looking for an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patuvasiliu
    Someone that had dozens of partners will always be looking for an upgrade.
    The problem with "common sense" arguments is that they are based on sound bites more than logic. You are reciting a mantra that makes a sound bite.

Where is your evidence for what the person with two partners supposedly wants? Maybe she just got a late start. I see one "proof" that you've offered ... whoever talked her into sex the first time, that's not the person she stayed with.

Likewise, you have no way to determine if the person with 120 partners spent some crazy years in their youth clubbing and now they're ready to settle down.

So, your position sounds a lot like wishful thinking to me.

Now, off you go to one of Tennisace's fat threads. Tell the guys who are talking about how they used to be fat until they changed their life style that they are full of crap and they're just fatties waiting to pig out again. Let me know how that works for you. Sex or dinner, people change. Dinner? I'll see pages in support of that. Sex? Gods no, a person will "always be" yadda yadda.