Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Botting

I already know lots of people who started doing it and since im going to run out of gold in about 2~ weeks all i can do is start botting too

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    All the top guilds are running bots to farm herbs etc to fund raids, you know it's an issue when you need to do that. The going rate on AH for consumables over the last 2 resets has meant to min-max you would spend easily 50k gold a night, and fairly easily 100k gold. Even if you farm them yourself, you're losing that gold on the AH in sales.. Consumables are just expensive/time consuming to make.
    Top guilds are sitting on millions of gold and can afford to buy consumables off the AH.

Get guild to buy Harvester shoulder enchants. Put Herbs in Gbank. Get Alchs to make spirit cauldrons.

So these jackasses can't even be assed to make their own stuff?

0 sympathy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is the Foxflower spawn rate which is so freaking low and scarce as fuck and then it's the amount of Starlight you need, even for fucking potions.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Wootmonkey View Post
    I'm not a mathematician but I think that is three words
    Keywords, there, I fixed it! Happy?! I fucking hope you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Top guilds are sitting on millions of gold and can afford to buy consumables off the AH.
    What does this have to do with having bots? You don't get millions of gold by spending it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Duh Back To Times Of Splendor! Gold for rankings! Tell your realm that you are the beast dude! Or aim higher -> tell your country you are the best via rankings! Or fucking show exorsus, method or serenity that you could beat their dudes any time! Hell ramp your ego. That's what classic-tbc was all about.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry is there a single wow player who does not have a bot for their herbs? FOR REAL? any evidence for any player not to do it?
    Not even 2/10 troll level.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a few people in my guild, myself included, who farm herbs or fish. I haven't paid a dime for any consumable, and neither has anyone in my guild. There are only like, 14 of us total though. High end guilds who really need the consumables probably have millions of gold in, not including the people who probably personally have millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    7.1 Blood vendor is still weeks away, and until then prices for pots/flasks are going to super high.

I spend about 35-40k on runes/pots/flasks a raid and it was fine a few weeks ago since I had tons of gold. But raiding three nights a week is really getting costly and not sure I'll make it til 7.1 unless I play this game constantly and farming while I'm not raiding 4-5 hours a night.

Anyone else facing this dilemma? The thing is that even if you buy a token, it's 20 dollars for a token that will JUST cover raid expenses for one night.
    So you're asking if people will quit the game because flasks/pots are expensive? Overreact much?
    "I don't always play my warlock, but when I do, I prefer destruction."
    - The Most Interesting Player in the World . . . of Warcraft

Prices are high, use that to your advantage, you have two professions, more if you have alts. You can craft/farm stuff and make a good profit that will cover all your raiding costs. That's what most raiders in my guild do.

TFW you've been vendoring all the pots that drop from mama bags and such. I had a bag full of various pots that I vendored because I figured pots were worthless like wod.

My main raiding toon is an alchemist/herbalist. I never have a problem with pots and flasks. I also have a farming alt (a hunter) that has herbalism and skinning. I have never been at a loss for herbs for pots/flasks.
    In the battle between good and evil, evil has more fun.

7.1 Blood vendor is still weeks away, and until then prices for pots/flasks are going to super high.

I spend about 35-40k on runes/pots/flasks a raid and it was fine a few weeks ago since I had tons of gold. But raiding three nights a week is really getting costly and not sure I'll make it til 7.1 unless I play this game constantly and farming while I'm not raiding 4-5 hours a night.

Anyone else facing this dilemma? The thing is that even if you buy a token, it's 20 dollars for a token that will JUST cover raid expenses for one night.
    Or, maybe, levelup your herbalism/alchemy druid, farm for 30 minutes/day which will drown you in flasks and pots? Just like it always was until wod threw everyone free stuff? I was always playing like that, first leveling my raiding main, second leveling my herbalist alchemist, and never had any troubles with consumables...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

If your guild is buying all consumables, you are guilding wrong. The lvl 3 recipes make the materials cost much less. You should be funneling your mats to one person so they can get the recipe and lower the costs for the guild.

Let em quit. Everyone complains about the price of what they "need" but then they still try to jack the price on what their profession makes. Everything from professions is optional.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is giving away flasks, pots and food.
    The herbalists in the guild farm flowers, the alchemists make the stuff, and everyone gets free stuff as a result.

It helps being a fairly large guild and having some of the casuals helping out as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders will play the game and have no issue while continuing to make money and spend nothing on raid night. "Raiders" will whine about costs while not actually doing anything to remedy the situation and breaking down before buying gold or quitting.

I farmed herbs for 2 hours last week. Made enough flasks for 2 weeks and pots for that week. It took a whole 30 minutes to farm up the mats for pots for this week. That's such a massive time sink, I don't know how I ever managed it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Raid guilds have bought gold at the start of expansions since ... forever. Nothing new there.
    by bought you mean sold loot runs the previous expansion.

I don't see established raiding guilds buying gold, simply don't need to with how much gold we got in wod, and on top of proper preparation its just not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Keywords, there, I fixed it! Happy?! I fucking hope you are!

Ya my anal retentivness is now satisfied

Flask pots not needed unless you are in the world race