Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fragga View Post
    Same, I'm not sure why the prices of roses are so high as foxflower seems to much harder to farm.
    Fox flowers are farmed to death by server hoppers farming a small 2 minute route.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    This is the most retarded shit ever.

yes, its optional. Walking is also optional. If I made it extremely uncomfortable for you to walk, would you be satisfied with the answer "WELL, WALKING IS OPTIONAL. YOU CAN ALWAYS CRAWL!"
    Thinking that those two things are comparable is so fucking stupid it's unbelievable. You absolutely SHOULD NOT be using pots on every single pull during progression. No good guild on this planet pots for every pull. Consumables have no business being used until its clear everyone understands all phases of the fight. I can't believe anyone that plays this game in 2016 still thinks you should use all consumables for every progression pull. Fucking morons.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-10-01 at 10:24 PM.

My DH didn't receive any gold or items from my other chars and is sitting on roughly half a million gold atm and that's pretty much just playing the game and mining when nodes are nearby.
    Did maybe 3-4 hours of pure farming, making 2-6k every day just from my class hall mission table.

Edit: also in 7.1 the blood trader arrives and all of those useless (for non crafters anyway) Blood of Sargeras will be put to use and make gathering professions largely useless again.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    The insane prices of Starlight Roses, and some other herbs, are due to inflation.

Additionally, Blizzard made those potions require a lot of materials.
    27 herbs, 7 of which only come in singles, and if it requires Fjarnskaggl, it's a pain in the ass to farm, is an insane amount for a single flask, of which, unlike WoD, there is no "lesser" alternative.

WoD cheap flasks used 2 different herbs, 4 of each. That's freaking EIGHT (8) herbs that you also got daily from resource trading or from your garden. They really should have taken a page from WoD Alchemy.

At the very least, the 7.1 patch will help if you have a ton of bloods as the prices of these items will come down drastically when 6 bloods + 1 Starlight Rose will get you a flask.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    starlight rose and rank3 recipes are a problem atm, not the amount of gold ppl have
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm just not using them. But still, I have 40k just from leveling plus selling a couple leather bracers and I didn't play WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    starlight rose and rank3 recipes are a problem atm, not the amount of gold ppl have
    Rank 3 Alchemy recipes being random discovery only are absolute bullshit. I've made so many of any given potion or flask and I only have a couple rank 3s, all of which are pretty much worthless (healing/rejuv potions only atm, as well as Wild Trans R3).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

No one is going to have any sympathy for it when it continues to be very easy to make loads of gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    .... Get herbalism, farm roses in Suramar, get 20k in less then 2 days.
    More like 600k in 3-4 days. And ąnother 500k earlier from felslate & plate bracers. I like how legion started for gatherers.

Quote Originally Posted by fragga View Post
    Same, I'm not sure why the prices of roses are so high as foxflower seems to much harder to farm.
    Probably because foxflower you get 4+ or something per foxflower node, and also the mob has quite a high spawnrate. While roses have more spawnpoints, you need to have rank 3 to farm them with any guaranteed efficienty else your just going to get alot of dust, and due to the randomness of getting that its quite a bit harder to farm alot when you arent lucky with rng and the rose dropping withered also seems to have a lot lower spawnrate, and also drop alot less roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmagoo View Post
    I wonder overall how many dropped their gather professions in WoD.
    I'd love to know that, too. I deemed gathering to be 100% worthless; the only reason I didn't drop herbalism on my main and mining on my 1st alt was that I couldn't be bothered leveling a replacement profession up to 600! Glad I stuck with them now.

I came into Legion with only 10k gold (skipped most of WoD) and am currently sitting on over 200k thanks to WoD. How? I sold plenty of shit on Legion's launch while they were priced super high. Green gems were selling for a couple hundred gold each.

Many endgame items like gems and enchants will remain pricey, as they should IMO. I guess my only complaint would be the lack of some budget flask just like JC and Enchanting. According to my friend that has alchemy, there are none.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

The difference is everything sells this high. You just need to spend some time to getting some gold underneath you. But I totally agree, it's absurd and needs to be addressed. There is no way I'm going to be dumping thousands of gold a night into mythic+ dungrons
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Literally flasks sitting on 2000 gold per flask and every consumable is so expensive.

I get that there was an inflation of gold during WoD, but I wasn't here for most of WoD. Although most people that played through wod they sold out on boosts and made so much money on garrisons.

I cannot afford flasks atm and my only resource is either farm for hours so I can enjoy the game or buy gold using money...

Blizzard please do something about consumables and bots abusing prices atm.
    I´ve restarted one of my accounts that hasn´t been active since Cata.
    Boosted one char from Legion boost.
    Leveled in in a half of day to 110, took herb&Mining
    Making 10k daily (just because i´m lazy, i could make more).
    This isn´t blizzard forum, so QQin´ about fixing something wont help.

I don´t really feel that way of something being expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Considering you DO NOT NEED consumables to play the game and they are completely optional, I don't see what you are complaining about.
    So, because someone doesn't need something then they have no right to complain? Your statement is a prime example of someone complaining for the sake of complaining, because you have nothing else of value to contribute, yet feel the need to have to say something. Stop the high and mighty act please, it looks bad on everyone. You and most everyone else on Earth who ever lived complains about things they don't technically need.

Just go herbalist, make a fortune before 7.1 and whatever spawn changes they make for nodes. Ive already paid for 2 spider mounts and always have flasks/pots/runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    So, because someone doesn't need something then they have no right to complain? Your statement is a prime example of someone complaining for the sake of complaining, because you have nothing else of value to contribute, yet feel the need to have to say something. Stop the high and mighty act please, it looks bad on everyone. You and most everyone else on Earth who ever lived complains about things they don't technically need.

Complaining about the price of mats and consumables during the first 2 months of an xpac when demand always outstrips supply and complaining about the price of something you don't need and can make yourself in a f-ing video game is also complaining for the sake of complaining so I was just following OP's example
    Last edited by Fang7986; 2016-10-01 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    Thinking that those two things are comparable is so fucking stupid it's unbelievable. You absolutely SHOULD NOT be using pots on every single pull during progression. No good guild on this planet pots for every pull. Consumables have no business being used until its clear everyone understands all phases of the fight. I can't believe anyone that plays this game in 2016 still thinks you should use all consumables for every progression pull. Fucking morons.

Infracted
    I can't believe you leaped from "consumables are optional" to "consumables on every progression pull are optional"

yeah, of course. Way to be pedantic as all fuck. Get with the bloody topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has not dipped their hands into game economy up until this point so it is highly unlikely they will now. At the launch of every new expansion, mats skyrocket in price.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Literally flasks sitting on 2000 gold per flask and every consumable is so expensive.

I get that there was an inflation of gold during WoD, but I wasn't here for most of WoD. Although most people that played through wod they sold out on boosts and made so much money on garrisons.

I cannot afford flasks atm and my only resource is either farm for hours so I can enjoy the game or buy gold using money...

Blizzard please do something about consumables and bots abusing prices atm.
    They should have flushed everyone golds down the drain at legion release or added a new currency that we use in legion and do away with gold entirely.
    WOD broke gold.