Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Cool, thanks. Any quick succinct tips for a complete newbie to tanking/prot-warrior for general big dick pulls and m+ speed runs?
    charge > shieldblock+battlecry > shield slam > focused rage > save rage for big IP
    assuming you took vengeance and ultimatum
    charge > position devastate such that it cleaves all and applies bleed > battlecry + neltharion's fury for some bigdick dips
    if adds aren't stun and meleeing you you should proc scales of earth often during channel and give you that sweet deeps
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Thanks for the help man!

Quote Originally Posted by AanvilGT View Post
    If you take damage, then you will have rage. If you aren't taking damage, then how is low rage a problem?
    Seriously are you joking? It is that hard to understand? World content and other content takes much longer to do and makes it painfully slow. It's really easy to understand and there a probably a couple thousand post saying it between here and wow forums. Spamming devastate for ever cuz you don't have rage and your waiting for a SS or Rev CD sucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Seriously are you joking? It is that hard to understand? World content and other content takes much longer to do and makes it painfully slow. It's really easy to understand and there a probably a couple thousand post saying it between here and wow forums. Spamming devastate for ever cuz you don't have rage and your waiting for a SS or Rev CD sucks.
    WQ's speed hasn't gotten slower for me. Faster with more ilvl. I just pull as many and all things possible and AOE down in burst cds.

If you're playing prot WQ's as 1 mob at a time, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Dont reflect your hate of blizzard not giving monks what they need on warriors >> brewmaster forum is that way!

To stay ontopic i think this is a good thing.
    Oh, I didn't realize I can only play one class. Ill go and delete all my characters that aren't a monk and stay on the monk forums. Thanks for setting me straight.

Why does Neltharions Fury not work on dungeon boss special abilities (like first boss Maw of Souls), have to manually use shield block even though it's a "critical block all attacks" cooldown.. Really annoys me that this artifact ability is so utter shite.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Why does Neltharions Fury not work on dungeon boss special abilities (like first boss Maw of Souls), have to manually use shield block even though it's a "critical block all attacks" cooldown.. Really annoys me that this artifact ability is so utter shite.
    Because blocking does not work against magic damage, and rarely ever has? If you're thinking even Shield Block will reduce the damage of his Dark Slash at all you may want to take a closer look at the dungeon journal. Try spell reflect, works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by PinDrop View Post
    Because blocking does not work against magic damage, and rarely ever has? If you're thinking even Shield Block will reduce the damage of his Dark Slash at all you may want to take a closer look at the dungeon journal. Try spell reflect, works wonders.
    Doesn't change the question, just changes the example boss ability because it applies in many instances. Another example, Ravencrest woman in Blackrook Hold

Use Active Mitigation for [Vengeful Shear] to reduce damage and avoid the damage taken debuff.
    Block works, Neltharions does not.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-10-02 at 04:23 AM.

He's referring to the abilities which require you to use active mitigation, similar to Killrog in HFC. For these, shield block counts as active mitigation, but Nelths does not.

Why should a 45 second cooldown count as active mitigation? You are rewarded for skillful play and keeping a charge of shield block(and the rage to use it) ready to go for when these abilities go off, why should the artifact ability cover it too? I don't think any other tank's artifact ability works that way, why should a warriors? We don't need it to, at all. Just my opinion though, I guess.

I think it's because Nelths feels like an improved version of shield block, due to the parallels between the defensive stats each give (100% block vs 100% crit block). So it should also be the same in this functionality, of being active mitigation.

It should be active mitigation, they probably fucked up when making it and never bothered to fixed it so they just went "meh"

Why should a 45 second cooldown count as active mitigation? You are rewarded for skillful play and keeping a charge of shield block(and the rage to use it) ready to go for when these abilities go off, why should the artifact ability cover it too? I don't think any other tank's artifact ability works that way, why should a warriors? We don't need it to, at all. Just my opinion though, I guess.
    Because you're actively using a mitigation ability? What's the point in an ability that "critical blocks all attacks" that cannot block boss abilities, what a turd sandwich of an ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    IP should be counted as active mitigation too, IMO. Don't work either. Should be just called "Shield Block" instead of mysterious active mitigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Hey guys, primarily an arms warrior here looking to put some points into my prot artifact weapon exclusively for dungeon running. Is the artifact path on icy veins still the same way I want to go, or is there something more optimal strictly for m+?

I'm going to put at most 13-15 points into my prot artifact, if that changes things. Thanks in advance, I don't know much at all about prot warriors, and researching as much as I can.
    I'm probably on e of the only ones who feels this way but to build dungeon I think it's worth going might of the Vrykul over dragon scale

Pull to pull speccing booming voice avatar you get burst on trash when you need it. Only boss fights that drag on will feel any hindered and dungeon encounters are generally never more than 3 min long

This also means you get improved revenge for more aoe damage and improved last stand for better burst survivability

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    IP should be counted as active mitigation too, IMO. Don't work either. Should be just called "Shield Block" instead of mysterious active mitigation.
    It is, actually. The ability descriptions in the dungeon journal list the AM abilities that work against them depending on the class you're playing. "Active mitigation" isn't actually mentioned anywhere in-game, it's just a catch-all term for "the set of tank abilities that block these mechanics".

Quote Originally Posted by Bixster View Post
    And what will happen with the increase of ss/rev/int rage gen and reduction of IP value? We will get stronger in low damage content, because of the excess rage of ss/rev/int compaired to the low damage income. But in harder content the rage from ss/rev/int doesnt matter as much anymore, because it doesnt scale with the difficulty of the content. We get the same amound of rage in nhc and in mythic and will get the same amound in future raid content, but lose IP value. So our content difficulty scaling will be worse thanks to this change and this also includes the next raid tiers.
    RFDT is meant to counter act this... But really, I just attempted a HOV 10 at 860 and I could not keep up IP. (Tyrannical is fun). Are the bosses supposed to have 180% health / 140% damage? I thought it was 100% +40% health and 100% + 20% damage. Might of the Vrykul should help with this, at least building rage on pull. But it seriously was impossible to build any kind of rage pool, and IP was lasting for 1-2 hits.

Haven't gotten into mythic, but H Xavius didn't feel too bad. Highest I could get too was 6 (7 with CDs) stacks during second phase, had plenty of IP the whole time. This is from an 856 Warrior, and pretty average healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainian View Post
    RFDT is meant to counter act this... But really, I just attempted a HOV 10 at 860 and I could not keep up IP. (Tyrannical is fun). Are the bosses supposed to have 180% health / 140% damage? I thought it was 100% +40% health and 100% + 20% damage. Might of the Vrykul should help with this, at least building rage on pull. But it seriously was impossible to build any kind of rage pool, and IP was lasting for 1-2 hits.
    Welcome to M10. These kinds of posts where Warriors completely fail to realize how stupidly overpowered they are are hilarious. How do you think the other tanks do m10 HoV? The answer is they by and large don't, because Warrior is required.

Hyrja's shield of light does 4.7m damage on m10 Tyrannical. Non-Warrior, Druid tanks must use a major long duration CD to not be one shot, and can generally take 2 max before dying. Druids with Ursoc live at 20% HP. Warriors? Spell reflect, 0 damage.

Ymiron in maw's Dark Slash does about 3.6m damage. Other tanks are hit for 75% of Max life with their active mitigation active, and he uses this every 10 to 15 seconds. This is, as you might expect, really dicey when all the skeletons are up. Warrior? Alternate spell reflect and ignore pain, take 0 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Welcome to M10. These kinds of posts where Warriors completely fail to realize how stupidly overpowered they are are hilarious. How do you think the other tanks do m10 HoV? The answer is they by and large don't, because Warrior is required.

Hyrja's shield of light does 4.7m damage on m10 Tyrannical. Non-Warrior, Druid tanks must use a major long duration CD to not be one shot, and can generally take 2 max before dying. Druids with Ursoc live at 20% HP. Warriors? Spell reflect, 0 damage.

Ymiron in maw's Dark Slash does about 3.6m damage. Other tanks are hit for 75% of Max life with their active mitigation active, and he uses this every 10 to 15 seconds. This is, as you might expect, really dicey when all the skeletons are up. Warrior? Alternate spell reflect and ignore pain, take 0 damage.
    Are you seriously saying a gimmick is what sets warriors apart and makes them op? Cause there's blood dks right there with AMS avoiding those same abilities taking 0 damage. Warriors are op because of rage from damage taken which translates to lots of IP stacked. I just cannot fathom how blizzard doesn't grasp this simple concept and instead keeps tuning IP or rage gen from abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15