Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Oh you want some crit? Yeah, well, get an item with crit on it. When was this any different in the game? The point of itemisation is getting stuff that's good for you.
    It makes it so the item you HAVE is less bad while you wait to get the item you WANT.

Removing reforging was only a positive when hit and expertise were still a thing, seeing as you'd have to reforge away stats that actually contributed actively to your damage output to maintain a flat percentage required for your attacks to actually hit their target.

But the removal of those two boring stats from the game would now allow reforging to do what it was originally meant to do- optimize your gear and lessen the effects of having non-BIS pieces by appropriating better stats for your character.

I don't know what game you're playing, but you rarely get the BIS piece "because you want it." Sometimes you have to wait for weeks for it because it just never drops. So having an item with not completely terrible itemization, because you were able to give yourself a chunk of a good secondary stat via reforging, feels a hell of a lot better than just having an item WITH terrible itemization and just hoping that the one with good itemization drops.

Literally the only difference is that your performance suffers less in between obtaining the gear you want. The well itemized piece of gear you're waiting on is still BETTER than the reforged piece. No one is claiming otherwise. It's just that, in turn, the reforged piece of gear is BETTER than the non-reforged shittly itemized piece, meaning your character, with reforging, is able to perform better.

Maybe you're lucky and just get all BIS the first time you do a raid. But not everyone is.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The biggest issue though is choosing between a 845 item with better stats or a 850 item with worse stats

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Maybe you're lucky and just get all BIS the first time you do a raid. But not everyone is.
    Your problem is simply that you think you're eintitled to fully optimized BiS gear.

I'm not that lucky either. That's just part of the game. I manage nonetheless, who would've thought. Reforging doesn't "solve" anything about the "problem" of not having everything BiS. It just makes an "not optimal" item slightly less "not optimal", but it's still not the one you're after and you're still looking to replace it. Reforging would only further blur and complicate an already clusterfucked system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Your problem is simply that you think you're eintitled to fully optimized BiS gear.
    ...except I never said that?

In fact it seems you ignored the part where I wrote "The well itemized piece of gear you're waiting on is still BETTER than the reforged piece. No one is claiming otherwise"

I'm not that lucky either. That's just part of the game. I manage nonetheless, who would've thought. Reforging doesn't "solve" anything about the "problem" of not having everything BiS. It just makes an "not optimal" item slightly less "not optimal", but it's still not the one you're after and you're still looking to replace it. Reforging would only further blur and complicate an already clusterfucked system.
    ...It does exactly what I said. Make your character perform better.

You haven't reneged that in any way.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    There is no hit and exp anymore how is it tedious.
    That is the main reason why it was removed, u do realize that? And yes i rather grind world quest than going past the reforge guy every time a new piece of gear rains down from the sky every hour.

No, reforging was horrible and made it a pain every time you got a new piece of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Svelte View Post
    That is the main reason why it was removed, u do realize that? And yes i rather grind world quest than going past the reforge guy every time a new piece of gear rains down from the sky every hour.
    no it was removed because it was deemed extra work.

like Socket gems

like enchants

OH but socket procs are now fun! it's stupid logic from an reward structure that is completely fucked at the moment.

no it was removed because it was deemed extra work.

like Socket gems

like enchants

OH but socket procs are now fun! it's stupid logic from an reward structure that is completely fucked at the moment.
    How do u know this? Did blizz say it was extra work or your just pulling stuff out of your ass? It was removed to help hit/exp at the start and at the end of the expansion when you are drowning with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    No, reforging was horrible and made it a pain every time you got a new piece of gear.
    Really? because back in those days when I got a new piece of gear I was actually happy it was the ONLY drop I needed of the item and it wasnt version #23.

- - - Updated - - -

How do u know this? Did blizz say it was extra work or your just pulling stuff out of your ass?
    Yes they did. You are just being argumentative now. =)

which is why diablo loot has no place in a locked instanced MMO setting. It's not a loot ARPG fest. it does not mix well. It makes loot feel MEH or unrewarding VS FUCK YEAH when you finally get an item. It's the item you wanted but its Version power level 3/10 and not version 7/10+ so you have to keep trying to obtain a better version. That does NOT feel good blizzard wtf.
    I agree. But it's a system which prolongs content life artificially because you're forced to keep running the same stuff over and over again in the hopes that you'll get a perfectly rolled piece of gear. IMHO it's complete garbage when combined with drops that are locked to daily or weekly timer. It is not creative. It is not interesting. It is not good for anything other than Blizzard's subscription-based profits.

So, either we get a system like Reforging that allows players to turn a piece of gear with garbage stats into something decent, or we get loot actually drops with useful stats and upgrades. Honestly, we have a revamped loot system which gives you loot based on your class instead of something completely random, such as dropping plate when you're playing a cloth-wearing class. I don't think it would be all that much of a stretch to have loot also drop based on current spec as well.

But then again, that would be making a decision that makes the game better instead of just profits, and it seems pretty clear to me that isn't something the currentl Blizzard team is willing or able to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I somewhat agree. I understand some amounts of RnG such as the Titanforge system, but add that with sockets, tertiary stats, AND massive differences in secondary stat proportions and BiS is like playing the lottery.

A weekly locked lottery.
    Exactly! Some RNG is ok. But over-use of RNG combined with timed lockouts is terrible and anti-player.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-10-01 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I agree. But it's a system which prolongs content life artificially because you're forced to keep running the same stuff over and over again in the hopes that you'll get a perfectly rolled piece of gear. IMHO it's complete garbage when combined with drops that are locked to daily or weekly timer. It is not creative. It is not interesting. It is not good for anything other than Blizzard's subscription-based profits.

So, either we get a system like Reforging that allows players to turn a piece of gear with garbage stats into something decent, or loot actually drops with useful stats and upgrades. Honestly, we have a revamped loot system which gives you loot based on your class instead of something completely random, such as dropping plate when you're playing a cloth-wearing class. I don't think it would be all that much of a stretch to have loot also drop based on current spec as well.

But then again, that would be making a decision that makes the game better instead of just profits, and it seems pretty clear to me that isn't something the currently Blizzard team is willing or able to do.
    I think blizzard are prolonging the game enough with their Paragon Levels now. and supplosedly faster content if 7.1s raid is before Nighthold. it's always been about Pacing that they have fucked the dog on.

Really? because back in those days when I got a new piece of gear I was actually happy it was the ONLY drop I needed of the item and it wasnt version #23.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes they did. You are just being argumentative now you filthy pleb.
    And i think its time for you to find a better game. Me waiting for version#23 of my trinket is what keeps me playing this game.

When u get your gear, after that what? Sit in stormwind, install an addon do reforging for you, sit in stormwind again? Very fun indeed.

And i think its time for you to find a better game. Me waiting for version#23 of my trinket is what keeps me playing this game.

When u get your gear, after that what? Sit in stormwind, install an addon do reforging for you, sit in stormwind again? Very fun indeed.
    There is no better version. WoW is the only MMO that understands how to make quality raid content and the story and universe is so iconic and in depth at this point.

Unfortunately I've already found a better game since 6.1 launched. Reward structure drove me away and I had a 500 steam backlog staring at me after 10 years so just wrote off MMOs. Wouldn't even have time for the Legion grindfest anyhow.

To answer your question once I got all gear which was a passive thing considering I'm still in a top 20 US guild. I hacked out achievements or did whatever came to mind or roleplay or logged out of the game weekly knowing i was 100% complete with the game for the next half year +
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-10-01 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Why did they remove main stats from rings and necks?
    Because they wanted item level on jewelry to not matter in the slightest, yet still make grouping revolve around item level...

yeah id love to go back to not giving a crap about what gear i get, just look at the item level and be done with it. /sarcasm

No one cared about what gear dropped, because you could just reforge stats away. It no longer mattered what dropped, there was no longer excitement to getting gear. unless it was a trinket with a cool proc or something. Hell people are still subconsciously bound to just rolling on w/e drops.

Not to mention getting a new weapon or something in the middle of raid and not being able to use it because you had to reforge it first.

Reforging wasn't good and should have never been put into the game.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I think blizzard are prolonging the game enough with their Paragon Levels now. and supplosedly faster content if 7.1s raid is before Nighthold. it's always been about Pacing that they have fucked the dog on.
    Which makes even less sense under the current RNG+lockout system. If new content is released more quickly(which inevitably invalidates lower level content), then you never even have time for the RNG drops to eventually get you gear upgrades. Or, if you're lucky enough to be blessed by RNG and get perfectly rolled gear, it either gets invalidated the moment you start running content that drops higher iLVL, or your gear is so good that the drops in the new content aren't actually upgrades.

In a lot of ways Reforging helps to mitigate many of the problems presented by the current loot system. I don't honestly understand why people are so hellbent on hating it when it would provide such utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    yeah id love to go back to not giving a crap about what gear i get, just look at the item level and be done with it. /sarcasm

No one cared about what gear dropped, because you could just reforge stats away. It no longer mattered what dropped, there was no longer excitement to getting gear. unless it was a trinket with a cool proc or something. Hell people are still subconsciously bound to just rolling on w/e drops.

Not to mention getting a new weapon or something in the middle of raid and not being able to use it because you had to reforge it first.

Reforging wasn't good and should have never been put into the game.
    It doesn't matter what drops now. You have less control on what drops now than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    That was never actually a valid argument against reforging, since most of the time you'd have to hearth in order to enchant and gem it correctly as well. They've taken away everything that made loot interesting in order to provide a slightly higher shot of adrenaline when you actually get blessed by RNG and a piece of loot drops that you can slap on instantly. That doesn't make the current loot system good, it just makes it more addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Which makes even less sense under the current RNG+lockout system. If new content is released more quickly(which inevitably invalidates lower level content), then you never even have time for the RNG drops to eventually get you gear upgrades. Or, if you're lucky enough to be blessed by RNG and get perfectly rolled gear, it either gets invalidated the moment you start running content that drops higher iLVL, or your gear is so good that the drops in the new content aren't actually upgrades.

In a lot of ways Reforging helps to mitigate many of the problems presented by the current loot system. I don't honestly understand why people are so hellbent on hating it when it would provide such utility.
    The mass RNG systems added to WoD and Garrison caches+seals destroyed my Character in WoD.

Top 15 US Guild Classic-Current Legion

Keep this in mind

I went into 6.2 with NORMAL MODE HIGHMAUL TRINKETS+ No sockets no warforge. Ever str trinket in entire roster was cached or coined. So lets forget all the added RNG procs when I couldn't even get the item from the base system RNG system.

The effects were so bad I became a hinderance to be in and acknowledged it. That plus after a decade of raiding it was old hat ho hum. I hated the reward structure and layers of RNG beyond belief, The time commitment per week just became blah, and the incoming destruction of the entire games economy and detrment to those who don't play alts and garrison grind. All things that would affect me. So I quit. Game looks FUN but the reward structure in legion look slike as bad of a nightmare as it could be as I predicted. Nevermind the economy or the need to grind constantly with AP and those well thought out Legendaries in mind.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-10-01 at 11:01 PM.

I agree.
    I mean, why are we even missing attacks if we don't have hit & expertise anymore? It makes no sense.