Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Raid guilds have bought gold at the start of expansions since ... forever. Nothing new there.
    Nothing new here with baseless claims. You gotta love people who just talk out there ass as though it's the truth. Did you ever hear of the guilds selling heroic and mythic runs in HFC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    So you're asking if people will quit the game because flasks/pots are expensive? Overreact much?
    It's not overreacting at all.

I've already had one or two people express frustration at the cost of flasks or the inconvenience of having to farm for them. These are people that won't kick up a fuss and do retarded rants on the forums. They'll just decide this isn't fun in a game and quit. These are people with jobs who play to raid. Spending hours picking flowers or spend 100k for a couple of nights raiding doesn't strike them as fun. I don't blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    What does this have to do with having bots? You don't get millions of gold by spending it.
    Why risk botting (and getting banned) when you easily have the money to afford what you need off the AH.

They get their gold by getting instances on farm status asap and then selling mythic runs to others for gold.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2016-10-02 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    All the top guilds are running bots to farm herbs etc to fund raids, you know it's an issue when you need to do that. The going rate on AH for consumables over the last 2 resets has meant to min-max you would spend easily 50k gold a night, and fairly easily 100k gold. Even if you farm them yourself, you're losing that gold on the AH in sales.. Consumables are just expensive/time consuming to make.
    They don't need to run farm bots. They are sitting on hundreds of millions of gold from the last expansion. Selling raid loot/achievements to casuals are very profitable.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are 5 minute wq's that give 300-500g, plus OH missions that give that much gold as well. Plus it was tough to come out of wod without 500k+ in gold. So if flasks are 2k, why would that be close to causing anyone to quit? Plus that's without putting any effort into getting gold other ways like farming or playing the AH. No matter what profs you picked up there are ways to make gold with even a little effort.

The only real change I see, is that in wod flasks were so easy with the garden and alch garrison buildings that you could easily flask even when just doing dungeons or TJ. Now you wouldn't do that in Legion anymore. But that's no where near reason for people to quit or buy gold.

People who want to raid (non-LFR) imo *should* be putting in a fair amount of effort outside of raid times for flasks/pots/buff food, etc. and either farming or making gold so they have those things along with enchants and gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    There are 5 minute wq's that give 300-500g,
    No there aren't. Ones that award 600g are dungeons. Others are tops 120g. 5 min travel time and five minutes to do the mission and thats tops 1200g per hour, more likely half that. 4 hours farming for a flask. So that part of your post is bullshit. Lets move on to the rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Plus it was tough to come out of wod without 500k+ in gold. So if flasks are 2k, why would that be close to causing anyone to quit?
    Not everyone played garrisonville on alts for the duration of WoD. In fact, most didn't. So the 500k figure is bullshit.

Anyway, lets imagine people are sitting on 500k gold. 3 flasks are 6k and if you pull slowly you'll get 20 pulls in a night. Lets pretend pots are as cheap as 1k. Thats 46k in consumables per night meaning if you raid 3 times a week you'll burn that half a million in just over 3 weeks even without paying for gems, enchants and food.

Blizz have basically fucked up the economy or at the very least segmented it in to have and have nots over the past expansion. It's a messed up situation and basic maths proves it.

Woah, things are expensive even after the first few weeks of an expac launch? They are expensive for a raid that just came out? This is fresh new news.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodscore View Post
    Woah, things are expensive even after the first few weeks of an expac launch? They are expensive for a raid that just came out? This is fresh new news.
    Flasks/potions are more than ten times more expensive at this point after an expansion compared to the last 3-4xpacs. This is actually something new for a lot of people. In warlords people were paying maybe a couple hundred gold for flasks, not the 3-5k gold per flask they are now. Even casual raiders could easily afford flasks and potions a couple weeks into raiding. Now it's becoming prohibitive for the majority of raiders.

Just like... don't buy consumables.

If you have trouble getting gold in Legion........ it's freaking easy to make ton of gold w/o much effort at all.
    Borderline easier to make gold now then it was back in WoD.

get 10 herb chars with aethril 3 and felwort 3 (shouldnt be hard in a guild)

buy seeds shared between 10 people

???

profit

it's really easy to make gold right now with herbalism.

you can make tens of thousands of gold daily with it.
    i only farm till i have enough for flasks so it's only a couple hours a week

but no it's not hard to get.

you should be up in gold not down unless all you do is log in at 7 to raid and then log out at 11

in which case dont be surprised that your gold is sinking :P

boon of the harvester is also really great at helping get herbs/fish for food
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-10-02 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you should be up in gold not down unless all you do is log in at 7 to raid and then log out at 11

in which case dont be surprised that your gold is sinking :P
    I think this is one of the (multiple) issues right now... WoD made it sooooo easy to get everything that alot of people only do that now : log in, raid, expect to have everything, log off after raid.

Now, they actually have to play the game to get stuff done! What a shock! Playing the game! Who does that nowaday! (i sure does, my wallet is verrrry happy theses days xD )

Actual raiders are self sufficient. Meaning they take the time on one or more toons to farm the materials necessary to provide their own consumables and enchants. Or they otherwise make enough gold on one or more toons to simply purchase those consumables and enchants. The correct term you are looking for is casuals, casuals are the ones who either don't know how to be self sufficient, or refuse to be.

That's not an insult against casual players, its just a fact. WoD spoiled people when it came to gathering and crafting, compounding that already existing problem. Personally I really think all gathering professions need to be made into secondary professions. It won't have a major impact on material prices like Garrisons did, the people unwilling to go out into the world to gather will still be unwilling to do so. But it does allow the people who are willing to put in the time to gather the ability to not have to manage multiple max level characters to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    They don't need to run farm bots. They are sitting on hundreds of millions of gold from the last expansion. Selling raid loot/achievements to casuals are very profitable.
    But they do run farm bots, that's what I'm saying. It's not about what they need to do, what they can or can't afford. If you want an example then Method, on Tarren Mill EU (my server).
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Give it a few weeks, everyone that isn't crap will have cleared mythic and prices will plummet on most servers.
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Purchase a second wow account and bot on it. You'll end up with more gold/herbs for your money spent.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Raid guilds have bought gold at the start of expansions since ... forever. Nothing new there.
    Bought? Guilds make millions of gold from boosting and selling the mount drop off final bosses...

All of this just means that raid carries and mounts will be very, very expensive this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    Your guild didn't recruit multi-boxing farmers? We got 8, they farm like fiends, then they get carried through Mythic until they're geared and get a mount once all the raiders get one.
    That is probably one of the best ideas ive seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Flask pots not needed unless you are in the world race
    I'm sorry but have you played legion at all? Your dps with potions goes up like 40-50k. If your goal is to clear mythic at any respectable rate then you do need them. If you are filthy casual that doesn't mind waiting for the next tier to do so, then you should have ignored this thread in the first place.