Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Strange SIMCRAFT results

Hi,
    I finally got the Nelths lair trinket tonight and thought i would run a sim to see how my stats are weighing up. Using BD, RE, GoSac and Wreck. Im currently sat on 34% haste, 24% crit and 48% mastery. Ive been fortunate with gem slots on my trinkets after a shit time with vers/mastery on everything and basically ended up buying all my gear in fireflash.

Anyway, armoury : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ception/simple

Simcraft results:

Why are vers and mastery do high? amd haste like half of what i expect?

Deleted
    What happens if you use Backdraft, Service and Soul Conduit?

Deleted
    Ok with Backdraft, R.E , Erad, GoServ and Conduit :

Deleted
    hmm strange. why is versatility so high for you? oO

Oh you already are at 34% haste. That is a lot !

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Check the ability priority profile. I was finding that the default profile was life tapping as destro w/ Reverse Entropy which shouldn't happen.
    When I'm sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

Deleted
    Ye idd, however i would till expect crit to outweight vers/mastery due to its synergy with Chaos Bolt damage and shard generation through immo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killainstnct View Post
    Check the ability priority profile. I was finding that the default profile was life tapping as destro w/ Reverse Entropy which shouldn't happen.
    Is there a way to stop that? it is on the actions as like a 9th prior

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    copy the priority queue into your profile and remove the life tap line.

Its worth noting that if you can learn the syntax, writing your own profile will give you a better idea of what DPS you should be doing, but its hard to learn.
    Last edited by Killainstnct; 2016-10-01 at 02:05 AM.
    When I'm sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

Deleted
    ok did it, now its vers > crit > haste > mastery ill post screeny after this myth

I've found that after 30% haste probably even with 25% haste it's better to stack crit and mastery. But mastery is a random source of damage while vers is flat damage increase so it might be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    I've found that after 30% haste probably even with 25% haste it's better to stack crit and mastery. But mastery is a random source of damage while vers is flat damage increase so it might be better.
    This. haste loses its power fast after like 30%.

That said, I would not rely on Simulationcraft TOO much.

Deleted
    ok ill have a look at some of my drops, ive got some mastery/crit 865 from EN I have in my bags

cheers

Been saying this since back when people were wildly overvaluing haste, your stats really don't matter for destro. Having a healthy amount of haste / crit smooths out the spec and is ideal but ilvl is king and the stats are all super close in value. When taking different talent setups or even just at different points in gearing which secondary is best is gonna shuffle around constantly.

I've simmed myself and had haste and crit be my worst stats.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I checked top 10 destro warlocks by ilvl (thru wowprogress), and all of them have only haste and int gems/enchants, although interestingly almost all of them have haste around 27%. Also I would think backdraft is making haste lose some value because that itself increases your haste alot for many casts. Also destro isn't really a spec for patchwerk type fight so it would need a little different simulations to find real optimal numbers.

I think, without any actual evidence on my part, that haste has some extra initial value because it lets you fit more casts into Havoc and Eradication windows. Once you've gotten to the point where things comfortably fit together it loses that little bonus and becomes similar in value to the rest of it.

Hm i think it may depends on the talents you actually uses... For example, Roaring Blaze and Grimore of Sacrifice gain extra ticks with Haste... For GoSac, having crazy amounts of haste, make it proc like a machine gun (just tryed in Sinistra Fight with Drums, for the lulz). Those extra ticks can increase the damage in the same value as Vers or Mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    I checked top 10 destro warlocks by ilvl (thru wowprogress), and all of them have only haste and int gems/enchants, although interestingly almost all of them have haste around 27%. Also I would think backdraft is making haste lose some value because that itself increases your haste alot for many casts. Also destro isn't really a spec for patchwerk type fight so it would need a little different simulations to find real optimal numbers.
    It's good to keep in mind that there is no "gear shop" or something of that sort unless you want to stay ilvl 850 forever, so they use best pieces they got that fall into this specific 25-30% haste window, which seems to be optimal.

Back a couple of weeks ago I had a full set of crafted haste gear and some pure haste items with impatient affix, so I reached 44% haste, but then I realized that at this haste level the value of other stats was simply much more significant, while haste was pretty much lowest stat at that point, so I did some haste cuts to boost other stats and it was a good idea.

Basically in case of destruction, having too much haste devalues it compared to other stats and in my case I found that 25-30% is where I want to be for now haste-wise.

P.S. People need to take into account also that with hotfix Mastery value rose a bit too, as the buffs were exclusively to Mastery affected abilities. It's average stat for now.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-10-02 at 07:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The cap for haste probably should be at 33,01%, since that spot provides an extra soul shard generation tick on immolate.
    Does not matter, partial ticks also have partial chance to proc effects.

The same happens to me. Versatility is almost equal to haste and mastery a bit behind above crit...
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    I did a few more runs tonight switching gear in and out and vers is still coming out on top. I do think its haste related as the value of haste really declines after 30%

Quote Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
    I did a few more runs tonight switching gear in and out and vers is still coming out on top. I do think its haste related as the value of haste really declines after 30%
    Try to take roaring blaze instead of backdraft, because with 30 haste backdraft lasts like 2 seconds.