View Poll Results: DE Personal Loot in a PuG?

Voters
911. This poll is closed
  • It's *your* loot, DE it if you want

314 34.47%
  • You should always share loot if it's an upgrade for someone else

280 30.74%
  • It's your right to DE it and it's their right to kick you

317 34.80%
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd kick you too for doing that.

Obviously everybody's chance of getting better loot is increased if everyone shares loot that isn't an upgrade for them, so this really seems a no-brainer. Kick the selfish guy and replace with a decent human being (hopefully).

Sorry, but if you didn't want to share the loot just because you wanted some crystals, then you are the "moron" you described your groupmembers to be.

Deleted
    I am an enchanter too. I ask first, and disenchant if I didn't get a response.

Not asking would be as rude as Gul'dan disenchanting Varian. Did he ask? Don't you hate Gul'dan for it?

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    So he has the right to behave as he wishes, and the group has no recourse because he's entitled to his run, regardless of his behavior, is that what you're putting down here?
    To behave as he wishes? Could you be more vague? Pug dungeons are a contract, to attempt to finish the dungeon by fulfilling your roll. Nothing more. You either tank, heal, or dps. As long as you perform your roll, you are fulfilling the contract. You have no control over what loot drops, or for Whom it drops, only over fulfilling your assigned roll to the best of your ability. Where was any indication given that he wasn't fulfilling his roll? That roll was certainly NOT to give any loot he may or many not get to a random stranger because they wanted it. If you want to make that a requirement of the dungeon, then say so so upfront, but the kicking is getting way out of hand. I've read posts recently of people holding a player hostage for a piece of loot, tellimg them if they don't pass it to another group member they will get kicked, regardless of if they need it themselves. Far too many of you operate under the believe that a person can just be removed for any reason whatsoever, and it is legitimate, but virtually any other thing that is discussed about these groups makes that person an asshole. The real assholes are the ones who kick people. They are not in the right for doing so, unless the person isn't living up to their end of the deal. AFK players, those pulling random shit, those not attempting to complete the dungeon, those hardly doing any damange/healing because they either suck or can't be fucked to, those are the people you kick. Anything else and you are just a crybaby cunt. As if your wittle "feels" are so fwagial that you can't wait the 10 minutes until the run is over and then just leave.

Added a poll. I find the deep divides in this thread interesting. I see some merit in the "you wouldn't have gotten loot if the other 4 weren't there" argument. But then again, that exact piece might not have dropped at all because, as personal loot, it dropped for my class and loot spec. I think these kinda cancel each other out here.

I think one problem with the current loot system is that it rewards individuals for group content. The loot system does not reflect the effort system. The old system was "Group kills boss, group receives loot." Now it's "Group kills boss, individuals receive loot irrespective of the group." I think that's a big difference and is a key component in creating this divide. I'm no longer working with people so we all get a chance at loot. I'm working with these people to help me, personally, get loot.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wow so the homeless man is homeless cause he made bad desicions? Like going to wwr to fight for your country. Losing his arms. Then getting no help by the government once he got back? Wow he made fucking horrible decissions. And man. Yeah if only he was faster... Man you know what. We should start fighting rings of homeless men too!
    Now you are adding in different variables that were not in your original example to fit your own agenda.
    And you are talking out of your ass with the homeless veteran thing.
    Speaking as a disabled vet myself, there are literally THOUSANDS of programs (at least US military) they offer so shit like that doesn't happen.
    So yes, if you are offered something that you can 100% take advantage of, and it will benefit you, then guess what? That is a very bad decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Wasn't entitled to finish the run? Seriously? WoW....

But people ARE entitled to troll others if they so please, because they have a right to troll them I guess.

Maybe read the last line of what you quoted again, and then look up the definitions of those two words, and learn a fucking thing.
    They used a system Blizzard put in place to deal with somebody they felt they did no longer want to group with. I've kicked people for lots of random reasons such as:

Making racial comments
    Being obnoxious in general
    Pulling when they shouldn't
    Talking about how high they were every other pull
    Doing less DPS than the healer
    Saying they like cats more than dogs
    Talking about how much better their life is for being a crossfitter raw vegan
    Standing in shit over and over again
    Yelling at the group in Spanish for some reason I didn't care to translate
    Talking positively about pet battles

I have kicked people for lots of different reasons and the game has allowed me to do so. Am I dick for some of those kicks? Yes, I totally am.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    1) I never spend the time to inspect people in my group unless I'm curious about something.

2) I never ask people if I can have a piece of loot that drops via personal loot. If they're nice, and they don't need it, great. If not, great too.

3) This is a video game, and we're talking about imaginary helmets. Not food for the starving or shelter for the homeless- imaginary clothes.

4) A lot of the time, I don't even check to see if something was an upgrade until after the run.

5) You're free to disenchant loot. It's not evil, but it's also not nice. People are allowed to kick you from their group. It might not be nice, but it's their right just like it's yours to hit that disenchant button.

6) Eleven fucking pages? Are you kidding me? You could have had nine more shards by now.

Bottom line, dick move, but not an common one. Take the long view- be nice and help as many people as you can, and not only will your runs be better, but you'll be happier when you're playing, too.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Yeah it's your choice to DE or vendor the item. However, doing so, when somebody else could use it, still makes you a major douchebag.

There are no rules for kicking, other than requiring enough votes. You can get kicked for pretty much anything, and getting kicked for refusing to share obvious upgrades, seems to me like one of the more rational reasons for getting booted.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    It's personal loot, you can do whatever you want with it, and as long as you're not in a guild you're in no way obliged to share it. That said, it's become the norm to share items you don't need, and apparently people are taking it for granted that it's still personal and you can do whatever you want with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the fact that nobody would have gotten any loot without the help of the other 4 random people, but the fact that the loot is still not communal loot, it is personal loot, and it is his to do with as he pleases, not the groups to decide how it is distributed?
    Sure he can do whatever he wants with his loot, he just has to face the consequences of sharing that loot. It's a group, they don't have final decision on the loot distribution, they still have the final decision on group composition. And they didn't want a player that doesn't share loot.

If he would have been in another group that doesn't care about the loot he wouldn't have been kicked.

Was he right to keep the loot and DE it? yes he was in his rights to do so, like you said it's personnal loot. that still make him a selfish player for keeping something for himself that could have been used by another player that helped him get that loot.
    Was the group in right to kick him? yes they didn't want a selfish player with them.

It's like if one of your friends helped you win a price. Would you share that price with him knowing he helped you even though you are the one that won it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I'd be pretty furious if you disenchanted a big upgrade for me as well; If I was with a few friends you'd 100% be out. You have every right to do what you want with your item, I have every right to initiate a kick regardless of the circumstances - This is an actual good reason to remove you. If group loot was still on, would you roll need on everything?

Honestly it's just common courtesy.
    right
    rīt/
    adjective
    adjective: right; comparative adjective: righter; superlative adjective: rightest

morally good, justified, or acceptable.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Deleted
    You don't ask for gifts. Period.
    If someone offers you are an idiot not to accept if it is an upgrade and you are an asshole if you take it if it isn't.

right
    rīt/
    adjective
    adjective: right; comparative adjective: righter; superlative adjective: rightest

morally good, justified, or acceptable.

true or correct as a fact.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    It's not right as in right or wrong.
    noun
    a just claim or title, whether legal, prescriptive, or moral:
    You have a right to say what you please.
    Sometimes, rights. that which is due to anyone by just claim, legal guarantees, moral principles, etc.:
    women's rights; Freedom of speech is a right of all Americans.
    adherence or obedience to moral and legal principles and authority.
    that which is morally, legally, or ethically proper:
    to know right from wrong.
    a moral, ethical, or legal principle considered as an underlying cause of truth, justice, morality, or ethics.
    Sometimes, rights. the interest or ownership a person, group, or business has in property:
    He has a 50-percent right in a silver mine. The author controls the screen rights for the book.
    the property itself or its value.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-10-02 at 08:32 AM.

To behave as he wishes? Could you be more vague? Pug dungeons are a contract, to attempt to finish the dungeon by fulfilling your roll. Nothing more. You either tank, heal, or dps. As long as you perform your roll, you are fulfilling the contract. You have no control over what loot drops, or for Whom it drops, only over fulfilling your assigned roll to the best of your ability. Where was any indication given that he wasn't fulfilling his roll? That roll was certainly NOT to give any loot he may or many not get to a random stranger because they wanted it. If you want to make that a requirement of the dungeon, then say so so upfront, but the kicking is getting way out of hand. I've read posts recently of people holding a player hostage for a piece of loot, tellimg them if they don't pass it to another group member they will get kicked, regardless of if they need it themselves. Far too many of you operate under the believe that a person can just be removed for any reason whatsoever, and it is legitimate, but virtually any other thing that is discussed about these groups makes that person an asshole. The real assholes are the ones who kick people. They are not in the right for doing so, unless the person isn't living up to their end of the deal. AFK players, those pulling random shit, those not attempting to complete the dungeon, those hardly doing any damange/healing because they either suck or can't be fucked to, those are the people you kick. Anything else and you are just a crybaby cunt. As if your wittle "feels" are so fwagial that you can't wait the 10 minutes until the run is over and then just leave.
    The crybaby cunt in this case is OP who came crying to the forums because they kicked him.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-10-03 at 12:41 AM.

Im just going to go ahead and say you're a dick. I mean, I want crystals too, but I always offer the loot first if its not an upgrade, the more loot swimming around through players the smoother runs are in general.

That said, they shouldn't have kicked you. Pmuch every one pulled out dick moves it sounds like.

Deleted
    This is an MMORPG, we should be sharing gear with others because its healthy for the game and the community. Let alone the fact that you wouldnt have anything to DE if it wasnt for the 4 other guys. Most of all it just shows how selfish can some people be, go play a single player game, you dont have to share with any1. And YES, the group has the right to kick you as they please, if 4 person wants you out, there is no reason for you to not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Sure he can do whatever he wants with his loot, he just has to face the consequences of sharing that loot. It's a group, they don't have final decision on the loot distribution, they still have the final decision on group composition. And they didn't want a player that doesn't share loot.

If he would have been in another group that doesn't care about the loot he wouldn't have been kicked.

Was he right to keep the loot and DE it? yes he was in his rights to do so, like you said it's personnal loot. that still make him a selfish player for keeping something for himself that could have been used by another player that helped him get that loot.
    Was the group in right to kick him? yes they didn't want a selfish player with them.

It's like if one of your friends helped you win a price. Would you share that price with him knowing he helped you even though you are the one that won it?
    No, they were not "in the right". Stop using words if you don't know what they mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    Speaking as a disabled vet myself, there are literally THOUSANDS of programs (at least US military) they offer so shit like that doesn't happen.
    So yes, if you are offered something that you can 100% take advantage of, and it will benefit you, then guess what? That is a very bad decision.
    There are close to 50,000 homeless veterans in the U.S.. You might not have heard, but depending on where you live, the V.A. is shit, and, on top of that, even the good ones still often have exceptionally poor mental health services. But, you know... If you're not thinking rationally (I mean, only like 22 vets a day commit suicide, so no mental health issues there!) then it's pretty hard to make solid decisions.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an obligation to share.

It's not an obligation to be polite.

Got it?

/thread