View Poll Results: DE Personal Loot in a PuG?

Voters
911. This poll is closed
  • It's *your* loot, DE it if you want

314 34.47%
  • You should always share loot if it's an upgrade for someone else

280 30.74%
  • It's your right to DE it and it's their right to kick you

317 34.80%
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    There's no real difference between these two scenarios tbh. With group loot, you are in your full right to roll on items you don't need, just for the sake of DEing/vendoring them, just as you are in your full right to do the same to a PL item that somebody else in the grp would have benefitted from getting.

There are no rules preventing you from either of these things, but choosing to do either of these things, does make you a douche. Both options also gives the grp/raid a perfectly valid reason to kick you.

That being said, a grp/raid doesn't need a any reason to kick you in the first place, only the majority vote/power of RL. Doing something that pisses off huge parts of said grps, obviously increases your chance of getting kicked.
    I know right? Like these same people are probably the people who In old dungeons would roll need on items to DE them... Taking a item others could use. And censoring/deing it... Man it sounds like loot ninjaing
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    You are everything that is wrong with the community, and honestly....everyone who isn't a dick would disagree with the OP.

Enchanting mats over a big upgrade for someone else? Serious? When I read stuff life this I always wonder if you are really this selfish, or it's just because you are very young and don't understand how the world works yet.
    So, does anyone see the irony of this post?

"You are what is wrong with this community because all you're concerned about is your own wants and needs you selfish prick"

meanwhile the guy who wanted the drop

"I totally need that piece for my benefit. It's an upgrade for me! Who cares if it's a 1500g chaos crystal for you. Who cares if you need the mats to enchant your gear for raid! My wants and needs are more important than yours."

If not then let me spell it out for you, they're both being selfish, the only difference is that one of them is doing what they want with THEIR drop while the other wants to lay claim over something that isn't inherently their's because it didn't drop for them.

Moral of the story, if the RNG gods put a drop in your bags then you have full rights to do what you want with it. You don't owe strangers in a pug anything and if they kick you for it then they've done you the service of revealing that they're selfish, entitled little snobs who you probably don't wanna group with in the future.

Deleted
    Sharing loot is a help to the community. It is the right thing to do. You might not benefit from it today but you will tomorrow. DEing shit before end of dungeon is just plain fucking not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    In the long run, having more people geared out will lead to more crystals hitting the auction house.

One thing that's kind of interesting... How have we not had major drama of this sort in LFR forever? Is it because we expect more team-oriented behavior in the smaller group setting?
    Don't a lot of people leave LFR after every boss? The turnover is kind of daunting to keep up with, also it must be much harder to kick someone who doesn't give you loot in LFR than in a 5 man.

Fairly sure personal loot cant be traded, friend of mine won two peices she doesnt need but they're listed as soulbound, same when I once won a piece in mythic.

Theres something a bit weird with looting atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    There's no real difference between these two scenarios tbh. With group loot, you are in your full right to roll on items you don't need, just for the sake of DEing/vendoring them, just as you are in your full right to do the same to a PL item that somebody else in the grp would have benefitted from getting.
    There's a pretty big difference. Most people understand the difference between 'need' and 'greed'.

Think about this: If there were a guy rolling on every green that dropped, and when he got called out on it, he was like, "Oh, I'm an enchanter!" he would be booted immediately.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You guys are getting really upset about this. If you want/need the mats for enchanting, if you want/need the gold from vendoring or if you want/need the transmog then absolutely keep it. You're not the asshole for keeping the item. The other person is the asshole for demanding free stuff from you.

I mentioned how you don't need to give anything away for free and some people thought that was rude. Enchanting mats are not cheap. You're giving up a lot to give an absolute stranger a slight upgrade. Take care of yourself before you help others.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    In the long run, having more people geared out will lead to more crystals hitting the auction house.

One thing that's kind of interesting... How have we not had major drama of this sort in LFR forever? Is it because we expect more team-oriented behavior in the smaller group setting?
    I could argue that crystals now are worth far more than crystals later on.

And for the 2nd point, there was major loot drama with LFR when it first came out. People would hold on to items they didn't need in order to trade them to people for items off of different bosses that didn't drop for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I know right? Like these same people are probably the people who In old dungeons would roll need on items to DE them... Taking a item others could use. And censoring/deing it... Man it sounds like loot ninjaing
    When there are no systems that punish said behavior many people will just do what is best for them with no regard for others. Now, if the guy in the group was being a dick, or was asking for OS I'd tell him to go take a hot shit for himself.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Don't try to justify being a dick. It just makes you seem young and inexperienced.
    How is it not giving YOUR LOOT away to random strangers being a dick? If anything, you are a dick, young and inexperienced if you expect random people to hand everything out to you just because you need them without anything in return. I will give items away on my pala alt that I frequently run mythics with because I don't need the vendor gold. But when it comes to my enchanter I just want them for myself. Not my fault that blizz hides chaos crystals behind epics from mythics or higher. Also I am a paying subscriber, and I want something in return for my time in a dungeon, destroying the meters. If its not loot, it should be at least mats that will empower me, because you know, the game is about advancing your character and playing with friends, having FUN. Not running 20 mythics a week, and most likely give everything away because you only need a tiny upgrade from mythic dungeons, or you have to pray for titanforged, which in the long run sucks because I am not fucking charity, you know?
    Do I fucking demand from you to give me free 850 crafted BiS gear while you could use the ore YOU mined to make money or help your guildes? How retarded are you people, seriously.
    This is basically what you are asking us to do, to give you away free epics, instead of making powerful enchants we could use for ourselves or help our guildes, as well as making gold.
    Last edited by Soluna; 2016-10-02 at 08:52 AM.

Play with friends/guildies or enjoy pug toxicity.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you can report them for harassment if that is the case. However it is personal loot so you can do whatever you want with it. I actually hope they disable the addon that prints in chat that you can trade certain items when you get them. That addon just screams you have to trade even though it is your loot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    All veterans are not entitled to "care" after they separate from the service. It is only when that have either done 20+ years or injury/death that is related to the service. Example: You can't be colorblind before entering and then later claim you went colorblind because of the service. Yes you can lie when you do your physical exam/eye exam (it would be hard since they colorblind test you). And if found out that you lied, you can end up in prison at the worst.

damn, i really can't argue with this level of stupidity.

and the avatar/signaute comment i made? you took that out of context and made something up to fit your own agenda.
    i was implying that making your avatar/signature combo look like that, you look like a tool and seem to be in love with yourself.

you claim to be all about giving to charity and fuck yeah i do this and i do that.
    but from what i have seen on this thread, you are the complete opposite.

i guess actions do speak louder then words.

done with this thread and the circle jerk of welfare entitled fucks it has in it.
    You ignored bergs comment completely... I am starting to doudt you are a disabled vet as you claim. And probably pulled the card to try it sound better... How did I take the signature/avatar out of context? Your making fun of me. For on a world of Warcraft website. Using my world of Warcraft character as my picture? Total tool in love with myself? What the fuck? Is your picture a picture of you? wow you are a total tool then too? What the utter fuck

You claim homeless people are only homeless because they made bad descisions
    Ignore the fact thousands of vets are homeless. And commit suicide very often
    And were all well fare entitled fucks... Ok
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-10-02 at 08:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Or... do what I do. Any loot that drops, I don't loot it. I leave it on the boss. When you leave the instance, everything gets mailed to you.. problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Roll your eyes all you want. If you're going to use words with such wreckless disregard for their meaning, I'm going to call you on your bullshit.

And where did anyone say anything about him DEing some 880 piece? You are just pulling this out of your ass. In all likelihood it was shit janky ass 840 loot and some guy maybe like the stats better. As if anyone would be DEing an 880 piece right now. Also, plays with fire? What fucking fire. The game gave him loot, he didn't need it, he is an enchanter, so he DEs it. That's pretty much how this game has operated since the beginning.
    Right...

How's this for reasoning - I'd kick the OP because I didn't like what he was doing and didn't want him in the group. I rarely actually kick people (usually offliners), but this is one of the few circumstances that i'd actually consider it, even if it was for another players loot. I get that he can do what he wants, I just think it's a total dick move; My opinion isn't going to move on this one. If someone punched me in the face i'd want to punch them back.

Question; If the OP did in fact somehow have an 890 BiS chest and an 880 dropped, would you still stand by his decision to DE it?
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2016-10-02 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I think you can report them for harassment if that is the case. However it is personal loot so you can do whatever you want with it. I actually hope they disable the addon that prints in chat that you can trade certain items when you get them. That addon just screams you have to trade even though it is your loot.
    I was a very strong advocate of that addon in my guild.
    I had it and used it.

But just recently I deleted it from my addons because I don't find myself doing heroics or regular mythics alot anymore and it got very annoying in raid.
    And it was also crap, didn't take any stats into consideration, just ilvl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You ignored bergs comment completely... I am starting to doudt you are a disa led vet as you claim. And probably pulled the card to try it sound better... How did I take the signature/avatar out of context? Your making fun of me. For on a world of Warcraft website. Using my world of Warcraft character as my picture? Total tool in love with myself? What the fuck? I'd your picture a picture of you? wow you are a total tool then too? What the utter fuck

You claim homeless people are only homeless because they made bad descisions
    Ignore the fact thousands of vets are homeless. And commit suicide very often
    And were all well fare entitled fucks... Ok
    my case and point. stupidity at its finest.

15+ Year Old Account
    dick move.

Deleted
    Well many people seems to be all about "its mine ill do what I want to it" - thinking very selfishly about it. They don't want to share , or make others happy by giving them a upgrade gear item. People don't care about others than them self's which is really sad.
    Luckily I only play with nice people, and have both given away and receive loot from mythic dungeons.
    Personally I wouldn't kick anyone from not sharing, but I do expect people will do it. If not, then I doubt we will ever do a group together again- simple as that.
    I don't care if people underperform or makes mistakes, as long as they correct it at the next attempt. But being greedy is just not acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we get a "You're not wrong, Walter. You're just an asshole." option for the poll?
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Well many people seems to be all about "its mine ill do what I want to it" - thinking very selfishly about it. They don't want to share , or make others happy by giving them a upgrade gear item. People don't care about others than them self's which is really sad.
    Luckily I only play with nice people, and have both given away and receive loot from mythic dungeons.
    Personally I wouldn't kick anyone from not sharing, but I do expect people will do it. If not, then I doubt we will ever do a group together again- simple as that.
    I don't care if people underperform or makes mistakes, as long as they correct it at the next attempt. But being greedy is just not acceptable.
    The primary caveat here is complete strangers vs. people in your community. Does it make a difference to you whether or not you know the person you're giving the loot to? To me it definitely does. I'll DE everything that comes my way rather than giving it to mute strangers who only speak up to ask for my stuff. But if a guildie needs an item or somebody has been nice and talking and being social during the dungeon, I'm probably giving it to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Can we get a "You're not wrong, Walter. You're just an asshole." option for the poll?
    I don't think I can change the options now that it's up =/. Next time I make a topic this divisive I'll be sure to include more Lebowski quotes.