Thread: The Aldrachi.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I don't know how much I really want to know about the Aldrachi, from what it says in the OP they seem really interesting, too proud to serve? How cool is that?

But I kinda feel like the less we know about them, the better, that it might be better to let players speculate and ponder upon this ancient civilization.

Kinda like the Dwemer in Skyrim. They're interesting in and of themselves, but the mysteriousness adds to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vriska View Post
    I do hope we get to see them and blizz gives them unique models and lore...I sort of imagined them to be similar to protoss, sort of tribal and sort of like the Talardim but less dark, broody and edgy? Also not sure if anyone noticed when first getting the warblades, some of the voidy mobs that are summoned are Aldrachi souls?
    Duuude! What if their greatest champions slew their own people in desperation to empiwer their weapons!

That's so cool!
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2016-10-02 at 10:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsure if this was ever said, but it's possible that the aldrachi looked like the tank metamorphosis.

Deleted
    there was a part of the illidan book where he was examining some of the worlds the legion had destroyed, some were mentioned to have advances weapons and stuff, wonder if he flew over the aldrachi home world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the aldrachi warglaives were designed to steal the souls of those it was slaying, I wonder if Frostmourne itself was an aldrachi weapon, or if Kil'jaeden or some dreadlord used aldrachi techniques to forge Frostmourne.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Since the aldrachi warglaives were designed to steal the souls of those it was slaying, I wonder if Frostmourne itself was an aldrachi weapon, or if Kil'jaeden or some dreadlord used aldrachi techniques to forge Frostmourne.
    It's possible that after the Aldrachi were wiped out, the Nathrezim came in and scoured their planet for any useful information, and came across their forging techniques, because they'd never share them in life.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    The burning legion have used techniques created by others before so it's not that far-fetched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    While the Nathrezim might have learned some things from the Aldrachi they seem to have gotten down working with souls before the Aldrachi ever came into play. They crafted the weapon that would eventually become known as Ulthalesh and empowered it to steal souls - the master-plan of a Dreadlord named Ulthalesh to slay and capture the soul of Sargeras himself. This happened before even the shattering of Mardum, so it likely predates anything they would've gleaned from the ruin of the Aldrachi homeworld.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    That favor text makes them sound like complete bad asses.....they literally told the Sargeras to fuck off but they paid for it dearly.
    They warred forever, and Sargeras himself had to kill their greatest champion.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they were comprised of pure metal. The Aldrachi Warblades' story made them out to be the biggest badasses ever. If only their planet had a world soul to give them plot armor.

Speaking of Protoss, I can't help but picture the Aldrachi as a WoW-fied version of them for some reason.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    Unsure if this was ever said, but it's possible that the aldrachi looked like the tank metamorphosis.
    Since we know how the havoc demon hunter meta looks like being all Illidan and shiz it would be safe to assume they looked like the veng meta.