View Poll Results: DE Personal Loot in a PuG?

Voters
911. This poll is closed
  • It's *your* loot, DE it if you want

314 34.47%
  • You should always share loot if it's an upgrade for someone else

280 30.74%
  • It's your right to DE it and it's their right to kick you

317 34.80%
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    But this has nothing to do with the post I was responding to. I am posting regardless of whether or not I think the TC is wrong; I made my stance clear in a previous post in the same thread. Regardless of what this topic is about, personal loot is a much better system in my opinion.
    I think personal loot is much better for anonymous grouping, but there are still a few tweaks it could use. The one I've seen floated in this thread a lot is removing the ability to see the drops of other players. If they get something they don't need, they can offer it up to others if they want, but other players shouldn't feel entitled to their loot because they see it pop up in the loot window.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Anyway, there's an often unspoken agreement in mythic groups that you'll share out loot that is an upgrade.
    Nope their aint and I never signed that.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is this nice addon called Personal Loot Helper. After looting in a dungeon it gives (and the whole group if you set it up for it) info if you can trade the item to someone who has lower ilvl in that slot.

I do heroic dungeons only for the daily reward so all drop I get without some huge proc are no use for me. I always trade them to someone who can use them. People are always very gratefull. They sometimes even trade me back some blue item they got and won't use. This nice feeling after doing something for someone else is the best thing ever.

So you didn't have to be nice to other people. Noone has to. But I really wonder why people give up on the best feeling on earth. If you haven't experienced it, try it.

I personally would not kick anyone for such reason. But I would think of them as a douche. Most likely I would tell them what I think about them and that should be enough. We are not here to police other people - it's childish to believe this works. Besides, kicking something for doing something we don't approve of only makes them angry and annoyed and doesn't teach anyone anything. But we can express what we think of people doing douchy things and leave it at that. If a person is somewhat sensible, they'll get it. If not, they'll ignore it and would regardless of what we do and say.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    LOL! The scary thing about is: you're probably serious about this.
    When you compare personal loot and group loot they a real basicly the same system. Except loot is auto rolled out...

You're not heartless, but you are clueless.

Not that the other guy is a shining example of good gaming citizenship if he TOLD you to give it to him.

Anyway, there's an often unspoken agreement in mythic groups that you'll share out loot that is an upgrade. You don't have to certainly, but not doing so will effect your reputation in the long run. Next time wait for the end of the run before DEing, it's just good play.

(That being said, don't put up with bad manners.)
    Is there bollocks an agreement. Your loot your choice to trade or DE. Also I've had shit that was an upgrade for me disenchanted in the group before. Did I throw a paddy or try to kick the guy? Nope because it was that players loot to do with as they wish.

Whenever someone wants an item I loot and want to DE I generally just ask them for a piece of gear in return, if it's a huge upgrade and they weren't completely dead weight in the dungeon I'll give it to them.

But, if it's a tiny upgrade that realistically isn't going to make any difference to their game play, I'm taking the crystal if they can't trade me something else to DE.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    You're also a jerk.
    And you "nice" people equally so...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why? He looted the item he can choose to DE it if he wants. On topic your choice to do what you want with the item you looted be it trade it or disenchant it.
    So if a loot ninja needs on a item in a group loot scenario. And wins it. Then DEs it. It's his item. He can choose what to do with it. How about you try this in your next raid. See how that goes

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, there's an often unspoken agreement in mythic groups that you'll share out loot that is an upgrade.
    Unspoken agreements have this huge flaw - if you don't speak about them you will meet people who have no idea there is one. You can never expect people to do something because it's natural for you. If you really care for people to behave in some way around you, the least you can do is tell them about it before. You can never expect people to follow "unspoken rules".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    So where the hell are enchanters supposed to get their mats from then?
    Questing? When replacing their own gear? You know....like they always did.

And in case you didn't notice, enchanting is sorta the odd one out in terms
    of being a crafting profession with no attached gathering profession. Your mats comes from random greens from dungeons etc. and the high quality ones comes from gear you replace.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So if a loot ninja needs on a item in a group loot scenario. And wins it. Then DEs it. It's his item. He can choose what to do with it. How about you try this in your next raid. See how that goes
    Thats why raids also use personal loot now. You know it's your personal loot. Master loot is a completely different thing and used by organised raiders to allow better distribution of loot fairly and evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Questing? When replacing their own gear? You know....like they always did.

And in case you didn't notice, enchanting is sorta the odd one out in terms
    of being a crafting profession with no attached gathering profession. Your mats comes from random greens from dungeons etc. and the high quality ones comes from gear you replace.
    Tailoring also helps. Or the OP could just get the mama seeker shoulder enchants and never worry about pot. Flask. Ancient Mana or enchanting mats again

It's a very different and now obsolete scenario, one in which I would need to actively select the "Need" button over the "Greed" & "Disenchant" buttons, knowingly taking loot that is not designated for disenchanting. In the actual scenario that is the live loot system, an item was placed in my bags and I did what I pleased. There's a big difference between actively selecting an option to take loot from others and having it appear in my bags. "Loot ninja" is extreme hyperbole here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    I think personal loot is much better for anonymous grouping, but there are still a few tweaks it could use. The one I've seen floated in this thread a lot is removing the ability to see the drops of other players. If they get something they don't need, they can offer it up to others if they want, but other players shouldn't feel entitled to their loot because they see it pop up in the loot window.
    Of course they shouldn't feel entitled, but you have said it yourself; being nice should be the go to rule.

I will add to that, whenever one can be nice, they SHOULD. Case in point: Making someone happy with a piece of loot will always trump the feeling of getting one more chaos crystal. If one feels otherwise, then there is something wrong with them - someone earlier posted that "people shouldn't be obliged to be nice", and honestly that is the dumbest thing I read in a while around here, which says something on its own.

This isn't even debatable. And bear in mind that this is coming from an enchanter who could use EVERY piece of loot for raw materials. However, with the way this game throws gear at you now, you get more than enough to afford being nice when you can.

It's a very different and now obsolete scenario, one in which I would need to actively select the "Need" button over the "Greed" & "Disenchant" buttons, knowingly taking loot that is not designated for disenchanting. In the actual scenario that is the live loot system, an item was placed in my bags and I did what I pleased. There's a big difference between actively selecting an option to take loot from others and having it appear in my bags. "Loot ninja" is extreme hyperbole here.
    The numbers roll and Your receiving loot. That others need as upgrades. And you could give it to them. But instead of that. You DE it...
    The dice rolled and you received a peice of loot. And instead of letting the person who needs it have it. You DE it
    Can you tell what one is your example. And what one is ninja looting!

I remeber when back in the days of old... If you got a price of gear. And turned it into dust. When someone else could have used it as a upgrade. You would have never been invited to a raid. And would most likely need to realm transfer. Or make a new toon
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-10-02 at 09:36 AM.

When you compare personal loot and group loot they a real basicly the same system. Except loot is auto rolled out...
    No, that's just plain wrong. And you justifiying your personal crusade with a logic that's simply mistaken only makes it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    The primary caveat here is complete strangers vs. people in your community. Does it make a difference to you whether or not you know the person you're giving the loot to? To me it definitely does. I'll DE everything that comes my way rather than giving it to mute strangers who only speak up to ask for my stuff. But if a guildie needs an item or somebody has been nice and talking and being social during the dungeon, I'm probably giving it to them.
    In the end, you can only affect the community through your actions.

If you're talking and you're nice to the people you group with, and you don't let someone being an asshat get you down, you have a chance to affect four other people on every run you do. If even two of them take that behavior into their next groups, your actions could lead to more community, and maybe somewhere down the road, that comes back to you.

If people constantly see others who are just out for themselves, and that's what you put out there, you're playing into a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

It's funny how you chose that personal loot = group loot "need", but one could also say that everyone rolled "greed" on items, you know

It's neither "need", nor "greed" right now. It's personal loot, it's sorta automated /roll 100.

Your receiving loot. That others need as upgrades. And you could give it to them. But instead of that. You DE it...
    You received a peice of loot. And instead of letting the person who needs it have it. You DE it
    Can you tell what one is your example. And what one is ninja looting!

I remeber when back in the days of old... If you got a price of gear. And turned it into dust. When someone else could have used it as a upgrade. You would have never been invited to a raid. And would most likely need to realm transfer. Or make a new toon
    Again it is your loot. Personal loot is called PERSONAL for a reason. You can do whatever the hell you want with it.

I would expect disenchant-first, ask questions later that in random groups, not mythic which due to to the organised nature is supposed to be of a better "standard".
    Personal loot due to the way it works by design is never purely "your loot", otherwise it wouldn't be tradeable at all.

Though as an enchanter myself I do see the point about the materials, and think blizzard are just wrong with the it being available to everyone, an exception to every other profession.
    However it doesn't give us the right to deny other people in a loot system which you know works that way.

If you want to dictate that, then pug your own maybe, with your own clearly stated rules.

You were kicked by a majority decision, not one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Again it is your loot. Personal loot is called PERSONAL for a reason. You can do whatever the hell you want with it.
    Thats a poor excuse.
    They know how it works, you know how it works.
    The name "personal" is just there for lack of a better name.

There is even an addon called Personal Loot Helper that calls out when the item may be of use to someone else.
    Other people can see past that, you don't want to.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-10-02 at 09:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.