View Poll Results: DE Personal Loot in a PuG?

Voters
911. This poll is closed
  • It's *your* loot, DE it if you want

314 34.47%
  • You should always share loot if it's an upgrade for someone else

280 30.74%
  • It's your right to DE it and it's their right to kick you

317 34.80%
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    Personal loot should be exactly that: Personal. If I choose to vendor it, that's my choice, and if I want to give it up to someone else, that's my decision.
    If you wanna go that route... It's their group, kicking you is their choice, for whatever reason they find worth it. You're in your right to not share, but they're in their right to not want to play with you if you don't share.

I do believe in this case it was a misunderstanding (they thinking you disenchanted after they asked), and yes, overall it's still crappy to kick for not sharing PL. Then again it's also crappy to not share PL and instead disenchant or vendor it.

Although personally I still find it very easy to forget PL loot is tradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    It's your loot to do with what you will, however, why wouldn't you just trade it and let people share loot? The crystals aren't worth that much, and helping another person out is a good deed.
    15k for necklace enchants is a lot to many still...

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    You are everything that is wrong with the community, and honestly....everyone who isn't a dick would disagree with the OP.

Enchanting mats over a big upgrade for someone else? Serious? When I read stuff life this I always wonder if you are really this selfish, or it's just because you are very young and don't understand how the world works yet.
    no you are whats wrong with the community and whats the driving force behind things like WoD... wheres the personal effort needed when your wanting to get carried then get loot handed to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenwins View Post
    Well a few hundred or even a couple thousand gold isn't worth nearly as much as a gear upgrade to me. If someone could use an item I think it is extremely greedy, selfish, and kind of sad that you would value a small amount of gold over helping another player gear up.
    This, it is a selfish act that simply harms the community. I think that you should take this as a learning experience: actions have consequences, consider them before you act next time. Try sharing, it isn't being selfless as much as it is acting in your own self-interest.

Speaking from personal experience, loot-sharing is easily one of the best things that the community has had in a very long time. I have given half a dozen pieces of loot to people who needed it, and I have benefited from it almost as many times. I never DE loot without asking if anyone needs it (barring the obvious, if I'm the only plate wearer in the group and the item is plate). I'm not doing it just because it is nice, I'm doing it because the behavior benefits me too so I'd like to spread the positive behavior as much as possible.

Behaviors are contagious, keep this in mind before you start treating others in a way you wouldn't like to be treated. I do nice things for other people, because I want other people to do nice things for me (and there is a massive difference between wanting other people to do nice things and demanding something of someone because you did something for them, some people don't understand this which is why I'm explaining).

You can't see the future and you cannot predict all the possible consequences of your actions, which is precisely why it is better to act in a manner that has the potential for positive consequences rather than negative. You never know what will come back around to you later, but when something does you will find yourself hoping it was something positive.

Now I know I probably come off as a bit pedantic, I just happen to have spent a rather inordinate amount of time examining human behavior so I'd like to help teach others rather than have them suffer from their mistakes. If it helps, I'm an asshole at times too; just another part of being human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The big difference between personal loot and group loot, especially for enchanters, is that nobody outside of organised groups is trading gear for DE.

I'd wager asking someone in a non-guild group for a piece of gear so that you could DE it and have the crystal would be met you a big fat fuck you 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GasaiYuno951 View Post
    no you are whats wrong with the community and whats the driving force behind things like WoD... wheres the personal effort needed when your wanting to get carried then get loot handed to you?
    I'm sorry, what? So if I never get the loot I need it's because i'm not trying hard enough? Am i misunderstanding you?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its still nice to do it... you chose to without even waiting DE the item, when it could have been a 20 ilvl upgrade for the other person, yeah you had the right to keep it
    but still you were being pretty heartless just deing without asking if anyone needed a item first
    Nicely put.

To gradywhite:

Was it wrong to boot you: yes
    Could he demand the loot: no ( but asking nicely could)

But not sharing is like overwatch team m8's who only go for kills in competitive and not for payloads etc. Yes you may look cool. But you did not win :P.

If it happenend like gradywhite said...then grady was right. But i doubt it. Because things are never as nuanced as that. You do not know if the person was on a no loot streak, had a bad day etc etc.

You guys are right though. I was fucking selfish for trying to help others. I have a idea. I'm also going to start purposely doing as little dps as possible in dungeons. Cause man. Why should I help them. I will never see them again. Just carry me so I can get my free gold and leave. Call them a bunch of names and tell them their all worthless and should burn in hell on the way out. Cause man. I'm never gunna see them again. And why be nice. No one enjoys being nice or having people he nice to that Fuck that. You know what else. I'm gonna join mythic plus groups and purposely fuck them over. And I'm gonna stand on mailboxes with big mounts. Pull elites into ale of other players in surmar so they die well I use a stealth machine. I'm gonna purposely not loot all mobs so no one can mine or skin them!. Oh oh. And I'm going to go into raids and constantly wipe them purposely. Cause man. Who cares. Never gunna see them again. And it's my gold. My loot. My time. My character I have the right to do whatever the fuck I want. Oh I also have a idea... I could camp the time lost protodrake and kill it again and again then delete the mount in front of other people. It's my time. My mount.

Omfg I got the best idea. I could join groups and purposely kill people with the swapblaster. I could take loot from people saying it's a upgrade then vendor it. And I could also camp those rare hunter pets and start a collection of those hunter grays you get for killing rare hunter pets. Or maybe I should just camp the starting zones all day on a rogue. Kill the quest givers over and over so no one can continue the quests in that zone
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-10-02 at 10:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the roles are reversed, and a 30ilvl upgrade for you drops into someone elses inventory and they don't need it; would you agree with them disenchanting it?
    I'd bet every single person/player that responded here would be pretty upset about that. And rightfully so.

Don't be a dick, a better community starts with yourself. I trade my loot I don't need.

Hell, Crystals aren't even worth the trouble.

I'm not sharing anything because other people feel the exact same way. Me being nice isn't going to lead others to be nice to me, unless it happens that the same person I gave something to happens to get something that I can use while we're still in a group together. Someone who I'm in a group with 3 months from now isn't going to know that I gave a drop to someone else today and then do the same for me.

Back before it was enabled, there were those who decried personal loot for not allowing people to trade useless (for them) drops that they obtained to people who could actually use them. Not everyone in the community complained about this, only some did. But now that it's possible to do so, everyone is suddenly 'expected' to trade away their drops if they aren't a power increase even if they never wanted to be able to trade personal loot in the first place. It's turned into a peer pressure/shaming thing.

Deleted
    u dont want to share loot with such pl. /igno (ignoremore) ftw
    btw: standard (at least 4 nice pl like me) is to ask if someone has need, cuz 1,5k? millions, baby, millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Have you ever heard of a hyperbole argument?
    Well he's right that the same attitude that causes people to act like the OP also causes them to act like the example you're responding to.

Selfish people in WoW are the same in real life, of course. I guess they don't care if people don't like them (lack of self-awareness and therefore not realising that people don't like them is a personality flaw that they - and everyone around them - just has to deal with; it's part of the human condition).

You guys are right though. I was fucking selfish for trying to help others. I have a idea. I'm also going to start purposely doing as little dps as possible in dungeons. Cause man. Why should I help them. I will never see them again. Just carry me so I can get my free gold and leave. Call them a bunch of names and tell them their all worthless and should burn in hell on the way out. Cause man. I'm never gunna see them again. And why be nice. No one enjoys being nice or having people he nice to that Fuck that. You know what else. I'm gonna join mythic plus groups and purposely fuck them over. And I'm gonna stand on mailboxes with big mounts. Pull elites into ale of other players in surmar so they die well I use a stealth machine. I'm gonna purposely not loot all mobs so no one can mine or skin them!. Oh oh. And I'm going to go into raids and constantly wipe them purposely. Cause man. Who cares. Never gunna see them again. And it's my gold. My loot. My time. My character I have the right to do whatever the fuck I want. Oh I also have a idea... I could camp the time lost protodrake and kill it again and again then delete the mount in front of other people. It's my time. My mount.
    So you can't handle people arguing/debating your points so you are resorting to spouting garbage now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    I understand lootsharing and it's been great for me for gearing up within guild groups... but outside of that, in group finder pugs?
    you decided to join a group, where a GROUP effort is needed to compleet a dungeon and you decided to do what? oh thats right, a selffish ****.

change your name to greedywhite, suits you way better. and everyone else who thinks that doing GROUP activity which requires coop, effort and well FUN has nothing to do with sharing, should be insta kicked and booted out of every dungeon. go play a singleplayer game, where everything is YOURS. why even play MMO's.

Again Blizzard thought it was a good idea to make personal loot, no so personal. ​They just do not learn -_-

Quote Originally Posted by yabadabadoh View Post
    you decided to join a group, where a GROUP effort is needed to compleet a dungeon and you decided to do what? oh thats right, a selffish ****.

change your name to greedywhite, suits you way better. and everyone else who thinks that doing GROUP activity which requires coop, effort and well FUN has nothing to do with sharing, should be insta kicked and booted out of every dungeon. go play a singleplayer game, where everything is YOURS. why even play MMO's.

Again Blizzard thought it was a good idea to make personal loot, no so personal. ​They just do not learn -_-
    Greedy because he chose to DE his loot. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So you can't handle people arguing/debating your points so you are resorting to spouting garbage now?
    Nah I think I see your guys point. I don't know these people. They haven't done anything nice for me. I will never see them again. So why shouldn't I have fun by fucking up their day? It's fun to fuck up peoples day. And if their not going to see me ever again. Who fucking cares!

My point was simply. Be nice to people because it feels good. Don't suspect something in return. Help other people. Cause others will help you. And be nice to others cause others will he nice to you. And a price of gear for someone is worth much more then a fucking enchanting mat. But man fuck that. Your never gunna see them again. And who cars about that "kindness" shit
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-10-02 at 10:05 AM.

Well, demanding personal loot from others is selfish too You don't care about other people and their needs\wants, you only want best for yourself, just saying...

Nah I think I see your guys point. I don't know these people. They haven't done anything nice for me. I will never see them again. So why shouldn't I have fun by fucking up their day? It's fun to fuck up peoples day. And if their not going to see me ever again. Who fucking cares!
    Where did we ever say we do it purposely? Never. We said it is your loot and it is your choice whether you trade it or disenchant it. But keep twisting our words to your own agenda I'm fucking laughing my ass of at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    everything you say comes from the ten commandments, everything he says is spouting garbage. sod off pls. every post of yours i read doesn't contribute anything useful to any discussion. always bending threads..

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Well, demanding personal loot from others is selfish too You don't care about other people and their needs\wants, you only want best for yourself, just saying...
    Why should I care then? As these guys said. I'm never gunna see them again. So how does it affect me?