View Poll Results: DE Personal Loot in a PuG?

Voters
911. This poll is closed
  • It's *your* loot, DE it if you want

314 34.47%
  • You should always share loot if it's an upgrade for someone else

280 30.74%
  • It's your right to DE it and it's their right to kick you

317 34.80%
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    I take my precious point back, as you are of course correct in the sense that enchanting goes with tailoring. So yes, there you have it. Don't DE group drops other people can use. Dungeons are not your source for mats for your profession.
    Again, as the poll is showing it's his right to do what he wants with the loot he got, but it still doesn't make him any less off an asshole and when you're an asshole people will treat you like one.

Justice served.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Simple really.

If no one has that fucking stupid cancerous addon, then share it.

If anyone is using it, snap immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus1177 View Post
    Maybe it's how world works in the world you live in, in the world of cunts. Luckily, my world has no place for people like you and if you did that, I'd tell you to kindly fuck off, so I wouldn't have to be in your company ever again. This is exactly what the group did and I applaud them for that. If you don't know how to coexist with other people, you don't deserve to stay near them. Or you can create your own group full of cunts and have fun together.

I'm with the guys that kicked the OP, wholeheartedly. Let those kind of people rot in their own world they corrupt, thinking it's "how it works".
    Well said man, well said.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Let's put the shoe on the other foot.
    If an item you liked wasn't needed by the other player and they chose to disenchant it instead of giving it to you.
    How would you feel?

Would you be annoyed?
    No. I don't go to pugs and expect to be given things.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    So if you are walking down the street and a random guy 2ft away from you picks up a wallet full of money you would just ignore it?
    To be Honest? Yes, I would probably not even notice it. Because: Its probably theirs.
    Also: Picking up and keeping a Wallet that belongs to someone Else is a Crime.

The loot you get in Personal Loot never belonged to someone else. Thats a complete different thing

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    No. I don't go to pugs and expect to be given things.
    Exactly. That loot wasn't assigned to you. There are no rules that say anyone has to give it to you. The entitlement is gross.

I'm an enchanter and most mats in Legion i got was by buying them from AH, and i did well over 400 dungeions in total and gave away more then 500 items so far. Why should i even bother DE something in a fcking dungeon if that items is upgrade for someone, I woudn't be able to get it on my own ( because its a dungeon ) thus i got it with group effort. Hell with my herbalism i can make 30-40k/hour and buy 40 crystals, 1000g is piss EZ to make, especially in Legion getting an item you need with all those random chnace to be Warforged/titanforged is much much harder, so why not help out someone.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What did people do when personal loot wasn't able to be traded? This is one of the few changes in Legion so far I've had more negative than positive experiences with. Loot sharing is awesome. It is, but people feeling that they're entitled to a piece of loot because its lower ilvl than the piece that's in slot for that. I didn't get healed for a whole dungeon because I decided to keep something that was 5 ilvl lower but itemized better for me. Luckily I'm a spriest and I can heal myself, but seriously?

I get more enjoyment from giving someone an upgrade rather than stacking mats. But hey, that's me I guess.
    I've never been in ops situation. I generally find people are caring and willing to help each other progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    No but then miners and herbalists can't get their resources in dungeons or can we? There is also a nice shoulder enchant that makes you able to loot your mats + you can always DE items no one needs. Next to that there are a lot of greens and Wq items out there that can be used to DE.
    Depends on dungeon. Weirdly enough, ever since Blizzard introduced DE option when enchanter was present, people were feeling entitled to the use of enchanters' profession, while miners and herbalists were free to grab the mats for themselves. And the shoulder enchant drops epic crystals once in a blue moon and WQ items almost never have iLvL high enough to be DE'd into them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    And you say you need to mats to sell enchants. Thats just the same as outright asking everyone to pass loot to you so you can vendor it.
    Disnchanting own loot to make gold. Asking others to pass their own loot. Yeah, completely the same. So is the gold obtainable through both options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    What did people do when personal loot wasn't able to be traded? This is one of the few changes in Legion so far I've had more negative than positive experiences with. Loot sharing is awesome. It is, but people feeling that they're entitled to a piece of loot because its lower ilvl than the piece that's in slot for that. I didn't get healed for a whole dungeon because I decided to keep something that was 5 ilvl lower but itemized better for me. Luckily I'm a spriest and I can heal myself, but seriously?
    Blizzards continual push of ilvl and the playerbases inability to understand lower ilvl pieces with better stats are fucking CRAZY superior is a whole other issue.

I take my previous point back, as you are of course correct in the sense that enchanting goes with tailoring. So yes, there you have it. Don't DE group drops other people can use. Dungeons are not your source for mats for your profession.
    So your own items aren't a source of enchanting mats? Wat?
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    To be Honest? Yes, I would probably not even notice it. Because: Its probably theirs.
    Also: Picking up and keeping a Wallet that belongs to someone Else is a Crime.

The loot you get in Personal Loot never belonged to someone else. Thats a complete different thing
    Yeah, a random person picks up a wallet on the street, it has to be his. Great assumption.

And i bet you would, same way you look at people arguing on the street, when you hear a strange sound and so on. Its a human curiosity to look at things, Blizzard even helped us by spamming us with loot so you can see it without much effort.

imo youre a feg an you got what you deserved

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-10-03 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    So if you are walking down the street and a random guy 2ft away from you picks up a wallet full of money you would just ignore it?
    Probably. Grats to him for being more observant than me. Unless it was already my wallet I dropped though, I had no more right to it than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    No because it didn't drop in their group. Thats insanity.
    But feeling entitled to other people's personal loot is not?

If you guys really have an issue with giving people useful upgrades, then ask them for things nobody needs to DE in return. Just make some silly macro along the lines of "/p If an item drops that you can use, I will trade it to you. In return, if an item drops nobody needs, please trade it to me so I can disenchant it please!" and a lot of people will probably go along with it. In the same way that another player values their item level upgrade over your shard, a lot of players will also value you getting a much more valuable shard over the ~30g they may get from a vendor.

I've had a lot more success and acquired a lot more mats using things like this than I have by being a dick and trashing an upgrade for someone else, and also had much more enjoyable runs when people aren't super offended just to be playing with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    There's a difference between asking someone for a piece of gear you helped acquire and a piece of loot that had absolutely nothing to do with you. At this point you're just beating a dead horse with the word personal.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    I was just kicked from a mythic dungeon group for disenchanting a piece of loot I got from personal loot. I disenchanted the item, then one of the guys told me to give it to him, but it was obviously already gone. They then proceeded to boot me from the group and call me a moron.
    If you don't need a piece of loot then you don't "have" to offer it to people who do, just like if you find somebody lying in the road injured you don't "have" to call an ambulance, or if you get given extra change by your waitress you don;t "have" to tell them.

But these are things that are expected of a good person, so it's understandable if people take a dislike to those who don't do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You do realise there's a reason why the BoPs in dungeons are tradable right?

7+ Year Old Account
    I take my previous point back, as you are of course correct in the sense that enchanting goes with tailoring. So yes, there you have it. Don't DE group drops other people can use. Dungeons are not your source for mats for your profession.
    dungeons are nice, but there is plenty of other ways, and only DE stuff people cant use, or you cant trade, DEing stuff that is useful is just a bad idea.. its like those people who DE BoE's
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content