View Poll Results: DE Personal Loot in a PuG?

Voters
911. This poll is closed
  • It's *your* loot, DE it if you want

314 34.47%
  • You should always share loot if it's an upgrade for someone else

280 30.74%
  • It's your right to DE it and it's their right to kick you

317 34.80%
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You have the right to DE whatever loot you get and the group has the right to kick someone for being inconsiderate. Get over it you special snowflake millennial...

I'd say this is a great, and all too rare, example of the game providing players with the ability to do something about an individuals behavior if they don't like it. DE and votekick both working exactly as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Aye, I've had people cry at me for DE'ing my own drops... as if I am obligated to give them anything.

"I need the Chaos for my enchanting"
    "lol you can buy off the AH"
    "Give me 1.5k then"
    "Noob"
    etc.

Typical responses.

This personal loot trading has created a whole toxic side of players...
    Funny thing, I had an almost exact "conversation" with another player in a LFD run, the difference being is that he called me less savory words than 'noob'. My response? "So can you buy gear from the AH."

By sheer luck, LFD put me in the same group with two ex-guildies of mine from a different server (the two queued up as a group), and they told me in whisper that after my response, the "offended" player tried to initiate a vote-kick a few to get me out of the group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    If you don't need a piece of loot then you don't "have" to offer it to people who do, just like if you find somebody lying in the road injured you don't "have" to call an ambulance, or if you get given extra change by your waitress you don;t "have" to tell them.

But these are things that are expected of a good person, so it's understandable if people take a dislike to those who don't do them.
    Actually (atleast in germany), if you are not helping someone injured laying on the street you are making yourself delinquent and you will go to jail for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    So your own items aren't a source of enchanting mats? Wat?
    There is obviously as much point in trying to argue with you, as there is arguing with my children. At some point, people like you just require an adult to say:

"No, you are wrong, and we will not discuss this any further".

/thread

When you find a bag of gems its normal to just give "Wîlllîdan" your 1.5k gold gems too I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    There's a difference between asking someone for a piece of gear you helped acquire and a piece of loot that had absolutely nothing to do with you. At this point you're just beating a dead horse with the word personal.
    And you got AP out of it. Or even your own loot. Just because you can't comprehend the world personal either doesn't make it vanish from the equation. Also, the enchanter helped in its acquisition too so why is the enchanter forbidden from making use of said item? And if you actually bothered to read the OP, no asking took place. If a world epic drops for you from a mob with shared tag that someone else helped you kill even if you weren't in a group, do you ask if they need it as well? They helped you acquire it after all. What if the mob is a rare and as such the tag is shared cross faction? Do you make an alt of the opposite faction to ask these players such question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Funny thing, I had an almost exact "conversation" with another player in a LFD run, the difference being is that he called me less savory words than 'noob'. My response? "So can you buy gear from the AH."

By sheer luck, LFD put me in the same group with two ex-guildies of mine from a different server (the two queued up as a group), and they told me in whisper that after my response, the "offended" player tried to initiate a vote-kick a few to get me out of the group.
    Chaos price: 1500g
    840 Ilvl gear: 20000,-

You don't see the difference....really?

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    Personal loot should be exactly that: Personal. If I choose to vendor it, that's my choice, and if I want to give it up to someone else, that's my decision.
    If they don't want to continu the dungeon with you for whatever reason, it's their personal choice - so yes, be polite and share with others and make friends!

And you got AP out of it. Or even your own loot. Just because you can't comprehend the world personal either doesn't make it vanish from the equation. Also, the enchanter helped in its acquisition too so why is the enchanter forbidden from making use of said item? And if you actually bothered to read the OP, no asking took place. If a world epic drops for you from a mob with shared tag that someone else helped you kill even if you weren't in a group, do you ask if they need it as well? They helped you acquire it after all. What if the mob is a rare and as such the tag is shared cross faction? Do you make an alt of the opposite faction to ask these players such question?
    Ok it's a god damn fact now. You must be 16. Or else I don't know what to think.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    You do realise there's a reason why the BoPs in dungeons are tradable right?
    You do realize there's also a reason why there's no obligatory roll or trading window for them too, right? Ah, wait, better focus on just one aspect of the situation /s
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Yeah, a random person picks up a wallet on the street, it has to be his. Great assumption.

And i bet you would, same way you look at people arguing on the street, when you hear a strange sound and so on. Its a human curiosity to look at things, Blizzard even helped us by spamming us with loot so you can see it without much effort.
    So, How many Wallets did you see laying ownerless on the Street? I´ve seen none. I´ve seen plenty of stuff beeing Dropped and Picked up again.
    So the logical thing would be: If I happen to see a Wallet beeing picked up. I would assume it was just dropped.

And still: If for some Reason a Wallet fell from the Sky, directly into someone Hands. That wouldn´t give me the right to "Want" something from it.
    But again: The Scenario is complete nonsense.

Lets look at the Personal Loot thing from outside the Group:

You get 5 People, everyone does their Job. Every one of them has their Chance for Loot, and IIRC you are even guranteed a drop from a Dungeon. (I Might be wrong there).
    You have someone with a base Ilvl of 860, who happens to only need stuff above 860.
    And Some people around 835.

Some People seem to think the one guy who has the best gear doesn´t deserve anything in the Dungeon.
    Why should the one with Ilvl 860 need to give up anything he gets?

He Should have the same right to the item he gets than anyone else for their loot.

Because he wasn´t "Carried" through the Dungeon, he did his Job to the same part than anyone else.
    But yea, he doesnt deserve anything from the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulong View Post
    Actually (atleast in germany), if you are not helping someone injured laying on the street you are making yourself delinquent and you will go to jail for this.
    Actually (in other countries that are not Germany), if you try to "help" someone, but you DO NOT have necessary education/knowledge to do so, e.g. you're not a doctor or at least a nurse, you're making yourself a criminal and most like will be sued by the person whom you tried to help, even if you saved his life, cuz your actions might have caused some kind of complications.

So usually the best recommended type of help is to call 911/112/etc.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-10-02 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    There is obviously as much point in trying to argue with you, as there is arguing with my children. At some point, people like you just require an adult to say:

"No, you are wrong, and we will not discuss this any further".

/thread
    Given that your children are apparently raised by someone who never left the mentality of an entitled child behind themself, there is indeed no point arguing with them either. And good argument right there mate. Considering there's no salvaging your shitpost I replied to in the previous post without serious doublethink, no wonder you're running deep into fallacy territory though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    If you don't need a piece of loot then you don't "have" to offer it to people who do, just like if you find somebody lying in the road injured you don't "have" to call an ambulance, or if you get given extra change by your waitress you don;t "have" to tell them.

But these are things that are expected of a good person, so it's understandable if people take a dislike to those who don't do them.
    Although in some countries it is illegal to ignore people hurt in thestreet, this comment pretty much nails it

Except there's no guarantee of getting AP off bosses. Sometimes you get nothing but a measly amount of shared gold that is split between the group.

I comprehend the word personal just fine. If they changed it to say "Sharing Loot" would you share it, even if it was looted individually? No, because it's just a goddamn word put there because they had to label it something. If you want to be an ass about it, make them roll for it against your disenchanting needs. May seem like a dick thing to do, but at least give them a fair shot at the upgrade before sharding it in front of them.

As for the other little strawmen, they're completely different situations entirely. When a world epic drops from a mob with a shared tag, did you invite the person to group and ask for their help as you do in a dungeon? If it's shared cross faction, you can't trade an item to them. Both of these have absolutely nothing to do with the actual thing being talked about here, because they're not even remotely the same as forming a group with other players with the specific intent to kill mobs for looting.

What goes around, comes around.

If you shared an item they maybe would've shared some with you later.
    WoW is an MMO and MMOs are at their best when the community works together and are friendly, by disenchanting something you didn't need you became a bad egg in the group you were in. I would've kicked you as well if I was in the group, just as you're fully in your right to be a douche and not share loot I am fully allowed to pick who I play with.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Ok it's a god damn fact now. You must be 16. Or else I don't know what to think.
    When in doubt, projection time? Well, not straying from fallacies, I see.

I can't believe anyone thinks its right to be kicked from a group for DEing an item that drop for you. Chaotic Crystals aren't cheap right now and the only reliable source of them if mythic dungeons but even running those its a pain to get any because of things like this. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I don't have courtesy because I want to keep my own rewards?
    Rewards you'd never get if it wasn't for the efforts of the GROUP.
    WoW is an MMO game, meaning you're never alone and things are never "yours". You get rewards based on your group's collective effort, the better the group the better the rewards. "Sharing is caring" meaning that if you are nice to play with maybe you get "friends" in the game, those friends might start doing mythic + and wants you to join later. So in the end it benefits you more than a simple disenchant would ever do.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!