View Poll Results: DE Personal Loot in a PuG?

Voters
911. This poll is closed
  • It's *your* loot, DE it if you want

314 34.47%
  • You should always share loot if it's an upgrade for someone else

280 30.74%
  • It's your right to DE it and it's their right to kick you

317 34.80%
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    As the title says, I was just kicked from a mythic dungeon group for disenchanting a piece of loot I got from personal loot. I disenchanted the item, then one of the guys told me to give it to him, but it was obviously already gone. They then proceeded to boot me from the group and call me a moron.

I understand lootsharing and it's been great for me for gearing up within guild groups... but outside of that, in group finder pugs? Personal loot should be exactly that: Personal. If I choose to vendor it, that's my choice, and if I want to give it up to someone else, that's my decision. But being held hostage for my own loot is absurd--especially as an enchanter. Where are my enchanting mats supposed to come from?

What do you guys think? Am I being a heartless bastard or is this kind of entitlement going to be commonplace going forward?
    First it was ninja looting. Then it was need over greed. Then it was MS vs OS. Loot is always an issue. There will always be someone who think they are entitled to the loot, regardless of the situation.

No. You were not wrong. It personal loot. It is your to do as please. They were wrong to complain and very wrong to kick you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Except there's no guarantee of getting AP off bosses. Sometimes you get nothing but a measly amount of shared gold that is split between the group.
    Gold is still something.

I comprehend the word personal just fine. If they changed it to say "Sharing Loot" would you share it, even if it was looted individually? No, because it's just a goddamn word put there because they had to label it something. If you want to be an ass about it, make them roll for it against your disenchanting needs. May seem like a dick thing to do, but at least give them a fair shot at the upgrade before sharding it in front of them.
    Chances are, if they wanted the loot to be shared they'd leave the need>greed system. And I'm not going to make them roll even on the loot they got, be it for disenchanting or anything else, because it's their loot and as such I don't give a shit about it. Why would I waste time to do the same with loot I got? Disenchanting in the instance wastes time too, so they have plenty of time to ask themselves. And they got a fair shot at the upgrade already anyway. It's called "killing the boss and hoping for drops".

As for the other little strawmen, they're completely different situations entirely. When a world epic drops from a mob with a shared tag, did you invite the person to group and ask for their help as you do in a dungeon? If it's shared cross faction, you can't trade an item to them. Both of these have absolutely nothing to do with the actual thing being talked about here, because they're not even remotely the same as forming a group with other players with the specific intent to kill mobs for looting.
    You call it a little straw-man, I call it you moving goalpost. The only criteria for feeling entitled to the loot of others you championed was them helping acquire said loot. My example meets these criteria. And you can trade BoE world drops cross faction just fine. In multiple ways.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-10-02 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

In PUGs, the person who received the personal loot is entitled to do whatever they like with it, including DEing. I would not be offended if someone chose to DE their item for a crystal which is actually quite expensive over giving it to me. After all, it's pretty much the only reliable way for enchanters to get mats.

With friends, we share items and I DE unneeded items for others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    No Im not saying that. Im saying DONT PROVOKE DRAMA INSIDE THE DUNGEON. Its your loot yes. But its like going in front of a hungry guy and tearing a 50 euro bill apart or burning it because its yours. Would you like that to happen to you?

So the non provoking scenario:

"Hey mate you need this legs?"

"Yes I need"

"ok"

1 min mythic after dungeon: DE legs

All good no feelings hurt.
    While I agree with that point of view, and even though I have DE'ed lots of items right after getting them, I see how waiting until leaving could spare me some drama, I've encountered lots of people with this bloody addon that automatically checks everyone's loot, and prints the person who would benefit the most from it. That's bullshit and self entitlement right there.

If it were to work like that, Blizzard should have better leave the need/greed roll system in place by default on pug groups. As things are now, fuck you if you feel my loot should go to you because you have worse gear.

One question for the OP. have YOU ever asked someone else to share a piece of loot they didn't need? if you have ever taken another piece of personal loot from another player in this way then you are obviously just a selfish dick if you don't offer the same courtesy to others.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    And you agree with the masses why? Because it's the masses? It's idiotic to be upset at anyone for not giving away something that is theirs. It doesn't make them a dick or selfish unless they're taking away from others.
    no because if you suddenly have much more money then you need, dont you think you should give alittle back?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Which you've been doing for the entire thread.
    Yeah, totally. If you suck at English. Unless you're willing to find a post of mine saying that the option to trade items you mentioned in previous post is not to be used.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Or maybe because I've run 100s if mythic + dungeons and do mythic raiding and put much more into the game than the average player. I'm not saying it's not a good thing to do, but that doesn't automatically make you a bad person or selfish for not doing it. Not being selfless doesn't mean you're necessarily selfish.
    So you've run 100 of Mythic+ dungeons but you need the chaos crystal over someone who needs a gear upgrade?
    You're not willing to pay it forward for the sake of an enchant mat? That just seems really bizarre to me.

I'm open to sharing loot even in PUG dungeons but fuck me if someone ASK to have a loot 95% chances I won't give him. I always ask if anyone needs a item I don't but if I was ench I would DE everything.

So much entitled morons in this thread it's baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yeah, totally. If you suck at English. Unless you're willing to find a post of mine saying that the option to trade items you mentioned in previous post is not to be used.
    Seems like you don't understand your own post.

I've considered both sides but you're just spamming "BUT PERSONAL LOOT BRUH!!!"

So you've run 100 of Mythic+ dungeons but you need the chaos crystal over someone who needs a gear upgrade?
    You're not willing to pay it forward for the sake of an enchant mat? That just seems really bizarre to me.
    Ofc, cuz that's the only reason why I run mythics (non +) in the first place, to get epics (including WQ rewards) to DE, and some extra AP.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    uhh yes it does make him a dick, have you seen what happens to people who win the lottery and give non to charity? they get fucking shit on by the masses, most of people who win the lottery will give alot of it to charity
    Perhaps the masses are the dicks.

No, to me giving them an upgrade is worth nothing.
    I guess you are still young. Doing dungeons is pointless if you don't use gear you get, DE item that you got by spending 30min inside a dungeon just to get mats for enchanting, another profession broken in Legion is retarded. You can get much more just buy using some gathering profession and spending that gold on 10-20x more crystals for same amount of time invested.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Actually tank+healer and some competent dps can do it, they wont make it in time, they will have probably a lot of wipes but they will do it. 3x860dps wont make it no matter how much they wanna do that.

1000g is worth less then 750AP reward they will get, +20ilvl on a piece if gear is worth more than 1000g+750AP combined.
    You Realize that I didnt write: "860DPS", rather Ilvl 860?

It doesn´t matter "How Much" anything is worth to you.
    In a Group, with Personal Loot. EVERYBODY gets THEIR reward. Why do you feel entitled to the reward of another Player?
    Even if he pulls 80K DPS, 150K DPS, or 250K DPS.
    Its still ONE of the Group of FIVE where EVERYBODY gets THEIR share of Reward. Nobody has a right to more Reward or the Reward of others

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Chaos price: 1500g
    840 Ilvl gear: 20000,-

You don't see the difference....really?
    Going for Chaos Crystal prices only:

Binding of Agility for a cloak: 8 Chaos Crystals = 12000 gold.
    Binding of Critical Strike for a ring: 4 Chaos Crystals = 6000 gold
    Mark of the Ancient Priestess for a neck piece: 12 Chaos Crystals = 18000 gold

I'm sorry, I'd rather you pay your 20k gold on a piece of gear for yourself, than I having to pay 42k gold on Chaos Crystals to enchant my neck piece, rings and cloak, or the gear of one of my guild mates. Just because a random player may gain a point or two in their average item level score, it's not reason enough for me to hamper my own character progression.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2016-10-02 at 01:25 PM.

Seems like you don't understand your own post.

I've considered both sides but you're just spamming "BUT PERSONAL LOOT BRUH!!!"
    3 posts out of 27, 1 of which was in reply to someone jumping on the previous one and the first one was about pointing the irony in someone else's post. Spamming indeed. So the question has been answered, you do suck at English. And since you suck at English I have a conundrum here. You're from England, yet suck at English, so I don't know in what language should I explain it to you. Hell, I'm obligated to do so through English as per forum rules anyway. Oh well, I'll post in English then and hope that Google Translate from English to whatever language it is that you can actually comprehend works properly.

I argued against the idea that just because the option to trade loot (because option in this context by definition contains an element of choice) is there doesn't mean that Enchanters are somehow obligated to pass on their loot instead of using it in other ways than wearing it. Which is why you then jumping of with "but teh option to trade gear is there!!1!" (speaking of which, top notch "consideration of both sides right there) is meaningless to my point. Again, I know you won't understand shit from this post directly, so may Google Translate be with you.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-10-02 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Ofc, cuz that's the only reason why I run mythics (non +) in the first place, to get epics (including WQ rewards) to DE, and some extra AP.
    Sorry but then you are not really smart.

30+min for dungeon to chance to get 0 crystals is retarded in so many ways. YEAH REALLY RETARDED.
    If you don;t have herbalism just level one charatcer with it and farm herbs. You can make ( atm ) 20K easy each hour and buy 20 crystals in same time you might get 0 or 2-3...

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    It's your loot, and your right to DE. It's not their right to kick you from the dungeon. Should report them for abusing the kick function.
    It was a mythic dungeon pug, there was no abuse. They can kick you for any reason they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    Is it? Let's see:

1- The group isn't limited anymore to gear that fits no one.
    2- The group isn't limited to x amount of gear per boss anymore.
    3- Instead of ninjaing your gear, people are actually proposing to give you their gear now if it isn't an upgrade.

I can't see how any of the above is a "retarded" thing.
    hehe, gear that fits no one would be the solution in this case though since op would have a shot at their crystal ^^

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    You Realize that I didnt write: "860DPS", rather Ilvl 860?

It doesn´t matter "How Much" anything is worth to you.
    In a Group, with Personal Loot. EVERYBODY gets THEIR reward. Why do you feel entitled to the reward of another Player?
    Even if he pulls 80K DPS, 150K DPS, or 250K DPS.
    Its still ONE of the Group of FIVE where EVERYBODY gets THEIR share of Reward. Nobody has a right to more Reward or the Reward of others
    You know trash doesnt count? I can do more dps with my os tanking spec than as ms but i can do over 350dps on single target boss.

And please show me 860dps on single target