Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Did the void/old gods help us defend netherlight temple? Or warn us?

Right so we know the gnome shadow priest warns us about the events with pretty great accuracy that the whispers in the shadows talked of our deaths and the invasion of the temple he even had better accuracy than some of Velen's visions sometimes. Of course Faol thought him being just insane until we finally decided to prepare.

Of course we do the class campaign yada yada and then finally when you finish it what's interesting is when you talk to the gnome again he says "The whispers are silent now."

Considering the fact that if you are a shadow priest along with the Xal'atath comments it says something to the effect "That you gathered quite a group of followers for this incursion, it's a shame you are not preparing for the true war" While in the netherlight temple.

It's quite clear the old gods or void lords are guiding us to a certain outcome. The shadow priest dagger, EM whispers and Xal'atath overall comments seems to be going this direction.

I do hope the next part of the priest campaign focuses on the shadow and the void considering where the story is heading towards and the fact we restored the cult of the forgotten shadow. The whole of the first bit was pretty much about the holy light etc while shadow priests were the elephant in the room lol.

Anyway past my misgivings I do think as well we can't trust Xe'ra either in this context as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do have one wild theory...

The Old God N'Zoth is the last one alive on Azeroth, and his whole reason for being is to corrupt Azeroth so that the Void Lords can possess her and use her as their vessel to eff up the rest of the universe.

Question is... what exactly happens to N'Zoth if he carries out this scheme? Does he become one with Azeroth? Does he replace her, taking over her mind, only to then become a puppet for the Void Lords? Does he cease to be?

Does N'Zoth actually want the Void Lords to take over? What if he doesn't? What if he either wants to take Azeroth entirely for himself, or preserve the universe for his own twisted amusement rather than just be a pawn for his masters?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a good one G.Y. I ponder a few things myself.

We all know Blizzard loves cross-overs with other franchises. I wonder what would happen if we found at the very end that N'zoth's name is literal. Like he or it is already "N" Azeroth? What if the two merged in some sort of macob fertilization medium of Old God and Titan and the two realizing that Sargeras plan and the Void Lords plan is futile? A lot of people wonder if Brann really is getting his orders from Azeroth, which begs this question.

What if both Azeroth and N'zoth have decided to rail against their ultimate fates by fusing together? Sure the Void wants a Void Titan, but could that not defeat them as well? Ergo is that not something of a risk for the Void Lords? I mention this because I seem to remember an allusion to Azeroth once with the Sha where a Dev said. "Garrosh and Varian are busy trying to be assholes to eachother. So what will they do when the world itself starts being an asshole to them in return?"

I didn't pay it much thought, but it'd be intriguing if Azeroth slipped into the Void, and we wound up fighting it for the final battle in some fashion with Sargeras having a moment of lucid clarity ala Algalon where he realizes Azeroth is not savable, but her children our characters have the power to overcome all calculated odds, and that is why his Legion continually fails. Army of Light and Burning Legion turn on the Void Lords and we go from there.

It'd be humorous though if N'zoth wound up being like the Overmind.

Deleted
    Indeed perhaps it will be the shadow priests that will guide us to the true conclusion. Or at least spots the manipulation by whatever force is guiding us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    "N" Azeroth?

N'zoth , Azeroth...hmm never noticed that before
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I do have one wild theory...

The Old God N'Zoth is the last one alive on Azeroth,
    Uhm... We didn't kill Yog or C'thun, we just pushed their bodies back in their prisons, they are alive and well. Only dead OG is Y'Shaarj and we know what THAT did to Azeroth...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Does N'Zoth actually want the Void Lords to take over? What if he doesn't? What if he either wants to take Azeroth entirely for himself, or preserve the universe for his own twisted amusement rather than just be a pawn for his masters?
    I thought that Old Gods were Void Lords their creations, but it could happen that he doenst obey them and goes his own way and tries to conquer Azeroth for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartxxor View Post
    Uhm... We didn't kill Yog or C'thun, we just pushed their bodies back in their prisons, they are alive and well. Only dead OG is Y'Shaarj and we know what THAT did to Azeroth...

- - - Updated - - -

I thought that Old Gods were Void Lords their creations, but it could happen that he doenst obey them and goes his own way and tries to conquer Azeroth for himself.
    Blizzard reconed Yog he is dead. To lazy to find blue post but yes he is very much done and gone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    Blizzard reconed Yog he is dead. To lazy to find blue post but yes he is very much done and gone
    But killing those Old gods also means killing a part of the titan in Azeroth since they are bound to her.

Also in the wiki; "Yogg-Saron later returns in World of Warcraft: Legion, its whispers heard throughout the halls of Ulduar once again."

Deleted
    Wonder how many times the erronous "we can't kill old gods" statement is going to be repeated in these forums.

Yog's dead. C'thun's dead. Y'shaarj's dead. N'zoth ain't dead yet as we haven't killed him yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Wonder how many times the erronous "we can't kill old gods" statement is going to be repeated in these forums.

Yog's dead. C'thun's dead. Y'shaarj's dead. N'zoth ain't dead yet as we haven't killed him yet.
    Very good arguments...

10+ Year Old Account

they aint dead. only dead old god is ysharaaj, killed by titans (amanthul) and it almost destroyed azeroth. read warcraft chronicle

Deleted
    Blizzard stated a lot of times that C'thun & Yogg were dead dead dead. So while I'd love them to be alive, I think we won't get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartxxor View Post
    But killing those Old gods also means killing a part of the titan in Azeroth since they are bound to her.

Also in the wiki; "Yogg-Saron later returns in World of Warcraft: Legion, its whispers heard throughout the halls of Ulduar once again."
    Y'Shaarj's whispers could still be heard despite him being literally ripped from the planet and killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevonfor View Post
    Blizzard stated a lot of times that C'thun & Yogg were dead dead dead. So while I'd love them to be alive, I think we won't get that.
    If you make a statement like that, at least link some form of source.
    They, aren't you could even hear yogg when doing the pre expansion quests in ulduar.
    Also: They do not live, they do not die, they are outside the cycle.
    They aren't dead, but they are not alive either.

If the Titans couldn't kill the remaining Old Gods without destroying Azeroth; why do you think we'd be able to do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    If the Titans couldn't kill the remaining Old Gods without destroying Azeroth; why do you think we'd be able to do that?
    the way it is explained is akin to a sledgehammer smashing a watermelon. sure it gets the job done but it is messy. they more or less are too powerful in their destruction of the old gods hence why it does so much damage to the world as the old gods have dug deep into the world. where as we are more scalpel like in our removal. if i remember correctly.

Deleted
    Anyway.... to bring it back on topic I don't trust the light heart's or Xe'ra due to the fact that Light's Heart came right through the Legion portal none of them tried to stop you to get it. Plus it's cracked as well who know's what happened to it when floating through space to get here. Plus if you are a warlock. Props to Felplague for the quote.

Dreadscar Archivist says: Uh... mistress...
    Dreadscar Archivist says: Is this a prank? Am I being pranked? Very funny, mistress!
    Dreadscar Archivist says: This isn't a joke? B... But this is the heart of evil and darkness in the universe! Surely, you can't be serious!

I mean it could be a small joke but still all the whispers, events, dagger comments and the whispers from the emerald nightmare AND the fact that they void warned us of the legion attack as well the void/old gods are playing us like a fiddle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rodney View Post
    they aint dead. only dead old god is ysharaaj, killed by titans (amanthul) and it almost destroyed azeroth. read warcraft chronicle
    So... I guess this is going to be repeated over and over still. You tell me to go read the chronicle when it was clearly stated there that the OG's are dead as doornail. Titans killed Y'shaarj by ripping him out, which damaged Azeroth. That's why they imprisoned the others as they couldn't surgically remove them. We, however kill their heads. Kill the head and the body will wither with it. Their corpses are still rotting there, but they are dead as one can be. That's how it is currently stated, so please stop repeating the erronous "we can't kill OG's because it damages Azeroth" mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    The titan method is to rip them from the ground, which would cause a wound like the Well of Eternity.
    Die of blood loss bad.

Player method leaves the body intact so there wont be damage.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    The titan method is to rip them from the ground, which would cause a wound like the Well of Eternity.
    Die of blood loss bad.

Player method leaves the body intact so there wont be damage.
    This is spot on, they are dead. I assume N'zoth has now taken control over some of their remaining forces and has become our next big baddy to deal with. We can never fight Sargeras, but if we cleanse Azeroth from the infestation that Sargeras wants to destroy and prove that we can do it while keeping the Titan Azeroth alive, he might just let us live.