View Poll Results: DE Personal Loot in a PuG?

Voters
911. This poll is closed
  • It's *your* loot, DE it if you want

314 34.47%
  • You should always share loot if it's an upgrade for someone else

280 30.74%
  • It's your right to DE it and it's their right to kick you

317 34.80%
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    When in doubt, projection time? Well, not straying from fallacies, I see.
    I see I struck a nerve there. Let's just leave it at that then, no need to get emotional about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Why is the needs of a pug (Someone you will most likely never cross paths with again) more important then your own needs/the needs of your guild?
    Again you are missing the point and I don't suspect you ever will connect the dots.

Instead of looking at others maybe you should look at yourself. This isn't an issue of right or wrong.

The mere fact you would just D/E as a first instinct reveals what most need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    3 posts out of 27, 1 of which was in reply to someone jumping on the previous one and the first one was about pointing the irony in someone else's post. Spamming indeed. So the question has been answered, you do suck at English. And since you suck at English I have a conundrum here. You're from England, yet suck at English, so I don't know in what language should I explain it to you. Hell, I'm obligated to do so through English as per forum rules anyway. Oh well, I'll post in English then and hope that Google Translate from English to whatever language it is that you can actually comprehend works properly.

I argued against the idea that just because the option to trade loot (because option in this context by definition contains an element of choice) is there doesn't mean that Enchanters are somehow obligated to pass on their loot instead of using it in other ways than wearing it. Which is why you then jumping of with "but teh option to trade gear is there!!1!" (speaking of which, top notch "consideration of both sides right there) is meaningless to my point. Again, I know you won't understand shit from this post directly, so may Google Translate be with you.
    Jesus Christ dude. The way you argue plus the sheer number of posts you have here really says it all about you. I normally never feel sorry for someone like you, because frankly, you are just annoying and should sod off, but you....the god damn level of insecurity and low self esteem is just beyond comprehension.

Seriously dude, you need something other than wow in your life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    Kicking others in random groups for not giving them your stuff (because they're not asking if you can/want, they're demanding that others give it) would actually be something like griefing and abuse of the kick system.

For example I almost got kicked from LFG heroic group (1st week when everyone were running heroics to get gear) because I've got a 850 cloak and they wanted it. "IT'S BIS FOR ME AND NOT FOR YOU, TRADE NOW MAN FFS" (it was actually BIS for me too anyway).

The only problem is that it was 850 ilvl, 40 ilvl higher than what I had, so the game itself would not let me trade. Basically all the way from that boss to the next trying to explain and prove that I couldn't trade even if I wanted to while being threatened to get kicked.

It's a very weird thing, since you basically have very few reasons to run heroics after a certain ilvl, but Blizzard wants people to keep runing them (so the LFG system works better instead of long queues after a few weeks). People doing them to get mats that are hard to come by at the start of the xpac is one of the few reasons (lol at the AP reward).

"but in the old loot system you wouldn't get it with greed", not only the old system is... old... but also not exactly the guy hitting need would really need it too. The main reason for the personal loot was (still is) to deal with ninja looters who would hit NEED for everything or "master loot ninja" them.
    its a mythic, and they dident demand it, they asked for it, and he said "i DEd it right away"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    If you are a decent human being with high ethical and moral standards you would have asked if someone wanted the item. You chose to be morally depraved so I feel that they did the right thing and kicked you and I'm glad they did. You've now been fotced to come to an Internet forum where other morally depraved minds lurk to validate your actions to make yourself either feel like you've done the right thing or to complain that you were kicked for 'freedom of the individual'.

Co-operation always beats competition. A vast majority of the world's problems exist due to attitudes like yours. Yes it only a game but if you behave like that in a game you'll also have world views and morals that reflect your personality.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a touchy topic for sure. Generally I think it's best to ask if anyone needs it, or if there's only 1 other same armor type you can inspect them.

But, there is 1 big issue around this whole topic. That is that the purples will de into chaos crystals worth 900g. I've had someone at the end of a run ask for an item saying it was an upgrade, get it, and then (being a major jerk), de'd it right there in front of everyone for themselves.

Or a couple of situations that are even more complex are that I've seen people ask for items just for xmog also, and at that point it's like who's more deserving of it me for the 900g crystal or this person just for xmog? Then you've also got people asking for items that are a sidegrade, and again is their sidegrade more deserving than your own 900g crystal. Or another one where I had an 865 piece drop, I already had an 865 piece for that slot, but the stats were better on the new one that dropped. Is my better stat roll but same ilvl > the massive upgrade for the person asking for it? These things all get to be tough decisions.

All that said, I haven't seen people kicked for not sharing. It's more of a nice thing to do than a requirement that I've seen, unless the group specifically stated loot sharing in lfg. I would suggest if you are not going to share and are going to DE, to at very least wait until after the run and the group breaks so it's not a rude shoving it in your face kind of thing.

Deleted
    You should've just said it was soulbound or some shit. The game decided that you won the item, and you should be able to do with it as you see fit. Kicking you out of a dungeon because of loot is super excessive in my opinion, but then again, I really don't and have never given a shit about gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    This amazes me... Blizzard invented personal loot so players didn't have to compete for a reward in dungeons but now because of shitty players who feel entitled it has basically become master looter. In theory yes handing over the item might get you a friend or two in game, in practice you will probably never see that person again.
    Unless YOU ask them if they want to be friends for future runs, that's what I do when I find someone I enjoyed playing with. This is also how I got into my first guild a decade ago, I was looking for a dungeon group and someone in Trade Chat (naturally...) was looking for a healer. I joined and I had a blast and the group was friendly and I added them on my friendslist, a couple days later one of them whispered me and asked if I wanted to join for more dungeons and I said yes. This continued for a little while until they asked if I wanted to join their guild and possibly raid.

I rarely, if ever, pug anymore but when I do pug I come with an open mind that someone in that group might be a good player that I could recommend to my guild for a potential raid spot.

Be like that and you'll find yourself a lot more pre made groups and a lot less pugging where you do run into all kinds of scum and assholes. There's a growing trend in *trolling* in Mythic + where shitheads join Mythic + groups and then leave when the timer is started, this is griefing and a bannable offence if there's multiple reports! However that doesn't fix that your keystone got screwed over... best way to avoid this? find people you trust won't do it, how you do that? by being a decent player and a decent person!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    I see I struck a nerve there. Let's just leave it at that then, no need to get emotional about it.
    How is pointing out that your arguments are fallacious nonsense "emotional" and which part of said pointing gave you the idea you struck anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Its your loot, do what you want.

Its his instance, he does what he wants.

The kind thing to do is to ask if someone needs the item before Disenchanting or selling it.

Making personal loot tradeable has created a new way to allow random strangers to be a nice and helpful to each other, and providing an incentive for people to be on their best behavior to encourage that guy to drop the titanforged item they don't need later on.

Everyone's always complaining about "toxic community", why would you want to discourage this by being a dick and disenchanting an item someone else can use ?

Karma pays it forward too.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    It's a very weird thing, since you basically have very few reasons to run heroics after a certain ilvl, but Blizzard wants people to keep runing them (so the LFG system works better instead of long queues after a few weeks). People doing them to get mats that are hard to come by at the start of the xpac is one of the few reasons (lol at the AP reward).
    In my opinion, if you are doing heroics just to get items to disenchant then you are not really doing yourself any favor. World quests are a much more reliable source of disenchanting fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Jesus Christ dude. The way you argue plus the sheer number of posts you have here really says it all about you. I normally never feel sorry for someone like you, because frankly, you are just annoying and should sod off, but you....the god damn level of insecurity and low self esteem is just beyond comprehension.

Seriously dude, you need something other than wow in your life.
    Sheer number of posts? You have 22. Unless there's soma magical threshold between 22 and 27/28 this is you being a hypocrite (no way /s). And yeah your "you don't subscribe to my fallacious reasoning? it's a fact you're 16" and some hurrdurring about comparing me to your children (gotta lol about being annoying or insecure in light of that) were quality contributions fer sure. And, frankly, I care little what an entitled crybaby thinks of me. And I'm being generous with that description.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    If someone ever demands I give them something I got with personal loot, assuming I don't equip it myself, I will either vendor or disenchant it in front of them and tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine. I do not tolerate demands.

If they ask nicely for it, or say "hey, can I have that if you don't need it, it's an upgrade for me", sure I'll give it to them. Basically, don't be an ahole.

disenchanting an item before asking if someone needs it is kinda inconsiderate and selfish

i mean it's your call, but then dont be surprised people kick you for it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    If someone ever demands I give them something I got with personal loot, assuming I don't equip it myself, I will either vendor or disenchant it in front of them and tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine. I do not tolerate demands.

If they ask nicely for it, or say "hey, can I have that if you don't need it, it's an upgrade for me", sure I'll give it to them. Basically, don't be an ahole.
    See this is the only time I'd reluctantly not give an item away. I'd say ask politely before giving them the ultimatum. If their response was along the lines of 'fuck you' or 'no' then I would get rid of the item even as far as deleting. It's about standing on higher moral ground.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Again you are missing the point and I don't suspect you ever will connect the dots.

Instead of looking at others maybe you should look at yourself. This isn't an issue of right or wrong.

The mere fact you would just D/E as a first instinct reveals what most need to know.
    I actually don't D/E as a first instinct because I'm to focused on getting through the dungeon as fast as possible to be worried about D/Eing on the spot.

I guess I will go back to your last post an answer point by point and then maybe you can actually answer mine.

The question is why would you not want to give the loot to someone if it is an upgrade for them.
    I don't mind giving people items that are upgrades for them. I just also have needs in game that conflicts with my ability to hand over items to people.

An even better question is, why is your first instinct not to ask the group first before disenchanting it?
    It's not, I'm just defending someones right to do what they want with their loot drop because it is their loot drop.

It has never even been a question to me to ask, "Anyone need this?" when I get no upgrade from a drop.
    Are you an enchanter? Do people offer you their unused loot for you to DE for yourself? If you aren't an enchanter do you see if one is in the group and offer them your drops to DE?

This isn't a question if its right or wrong, its a question of your basic decency and manners to your group mates.
    This statement feeds back into my question from before. Why must I sacrifice my loot and thus my crafting materials to people I don't know and have zero obligation towards? Why is it not polite and decent to offer things to an enchanter in the group? I have literally never had someone give me an item. The few times I have asked for an item in trade so I could still have my DE mats I was told they needed their drop to pay for repairs. If I'm in a guild group or with friends there is zero question, we pass along loot to help each other gear up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    disenchanting an item before asking if someone needs it is kinda inconsiderate and selfish

i mean it's your call, but then dont be surprised people kick you for it
    Do you offer up any drops you don't need as an upgrade to enchanters to DE?

It's extremely selfish to DE an item somebody else needs. Don't be a dick, doesn't matter if you know them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by truulte View Post
    It's extremely selfish to DE an item somebody else needs. Don't be a dick, doesn't matter if you know them or not.
    Do you offer up any drops you don't need as an upgrade to enchanters to DE?