View Poll Results: DE Personal Loot in a PuG?

Voters
911. This poll is closed
  • It's *your* loot, DE it if you want

314 34.47%
  • You should always share loot if it's an upgrade for someone else

280 30.74%
  • It's your right to DE it and it's their right to kick you

317 34.80%
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i do a lot of pugs and thankfully I've never ran into anyone as selfish as this.. i mean sure its ur loot do what u want but dont QQ when you get kicked for not helping the playerbase. I always give away loot i don't need, and a few pieces i do need for OS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Do you offer up any unused drops to enchanters?
    if they asked i would
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have waited until you were out of the dungeon. I would have vote kicked you too.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Should have waited until you were out of the dungeon. I would have vote kicked you too.
    I don't understand this argument. The outcome is the same whether I did it then or after the dungeon. And when they ask for my loot, am I supposed to lie and tell them I can't trade or that it's an upgrade for me? I'm not going to lie to them. But I have no problem DEing my own loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    All I keep seeing is "My loot" and "My drops" which actually makes me sad about the community, your right this has created a whole new breed of toxic of players. Not too long ago it was group loot and people Needed and THEN it was Greed or DEed, seems like people are choosing greed before need because the item happened to teleport into your inventory. I always give my gear away if I don't need it, why?, because other people play this game, real people, and one day something might drop that they don't need and they will give it someone else instead of vendering it, lets hope that person isn't you that needed it

I would've kicked you too, you care about yourself more then the group.
    Which is why we have personal loot out there. before we had far to many that would roll need on EVERYTHING since vendor spec is my mainspec folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Always share. Moreover, I think people should feel obliged to let others know if they don't need the item they got.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Aye, I've had people cry at me for DE'ing my own drops... as if I am obligated to give them anything.

"I need the Chaos for my enchanting"
    "lol you can buy off the AH"
    "Give me 1.5k then"
    "Noob"
    etc.

Typical responses.

This personal loot trading has created a whole toxic side of players...
    I would give 1.5k gold for an upgrade in a heartbeat. Think about what an upgrade from the AH costs....
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Premade groups are not made on the grounds that people are forced to play with you, you could have waited until the end of the dungeon to disenchant.. It's up to you whether you keep the loot, but disenchanting an upgrade someone could use is pretty bad manners, I'm sure they would rather take someone who is willing to loot share than someone who is only thinking about number one.

So really you have no reason to complain, maybe life lesson learned.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

As an enchanter I mostly just DE everything I don't need. Who gives a shit if they kick me or not. Most group don't even notice the loot handed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I usually make an effort to see if others need it, and distribute it accordingly. But if they come like half an hour later then no its already gone.

I'm not so starved for gold that the 500g the crystals go for on my server is more important to me then the upgrade would be for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    As the title says, I was just kicked from a mythic dungeon group for disenchanting a piece of loot I got from personal loot. I disenchanted the item, then one of the guys told me to give it to him, but it was obviously already gone. They then proceeded to boot me from the group and call me a moron.

I understand lootsharing and it's been great for me for gearing up within guild groups... but outside of that, in group finder pugs? Personal loot should be exactly that: Personal. If I choose to vendor it, that's my choice, and if I want to give it up to someone else, that's my decision. But being held hostage for my own loot is absurd--especially as an enchanter. Where are my enchanting mats supposed to come from?

What do you guys think? Am I being a heartless bastard or is this kind of entitlement going to be commonplace going forward?
    Simple resolution. Don't PUG!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what I'm understanding here is I should give someone the loot when the open up trade as soon as it drops, whisper me "you don't need that give it to me", just because the ability to do so is there. Why should I reward that type of behavior? Or is that ok?

Well it was their PERSONAL decision to kick you

I am willing to bet they asked (not told you to hand it over) for the piece of gear after you said it wasn't an upgrade and you DEed it. But for the story and good ol shit posting you made it seem like they were the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    I am willing to bet they asked (not told you to hand it over) for the piece of gear after you said it wasn't an upgrade and you DEed it. But for the story and good ol shit posting you made it seem like they were the bad guys.

They where the bad guys, needy as fuck is what they where

The fact that 70% is answering the poll thinking others have a right to the loot just shows why we have a shit community in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    As the title says, I was just kicked from a mythic dungeon group for disenchanting a piece of loot I got from personal loot. I disenchanted the item, then one of the guys told me to give it to him, but it was obviously already gone. They then proceeded to boot me from the group and call me a moron.

I understand lootsharing and it's been great for me for gearing up within guild groups... but outside of that, in group finder pugs? Personal loot should be exactly that: Personal. If I choose to vendor it, that's my choice, and if I want to give it up to someone else, that's my decision. But being held hostage for my own loot is absurd--especially as an enchanter. Where are my enchanting mats supposed to come from?

What do you guys think? Am I being a heartless bastard or is this kind of entitlement going to be commonplace going forward?
    You're putting your needs over the needs of the tribe, of course you're going to get excluded.

This is very basic human nature, and is so ingrained in us because it benefits everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    I usually make an effort to see if others need it, and distribute it accordingly. But if they come like half an hour later then no its already gone.

I'm not so starved for gold that the 500g the crystals go for on my server is more important to me then the upgrade would be for someone else.
    That's your own choice. That doesn't change the fact that its your item to do with as you choose. And 500 gold isn't a lot by itself but it adds up, that works out to 14000 gold for a full set of enchants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Why do you assume OP is lying about how things went down?

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You're putting your needs over the needs of the tribe
    ...Do you people even listen to yourselves? Now you're talking about TRIBAL mentality over VIRTUAL ITEMS.

What am I saying, of course you don't. If you did you wouldn't of posted that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You're putting your needs over the needs of the tribe, of course you're going to get excluded.

This is very basic human nature, and is so ingrained in us because it benefits everybody.
    Its nice to try to spin it that way, but you aren't part of a tribe when you are in a pug. On top of that the needs of the "tribe" should swing both ways but it doesn't the general populace isn't handing over items to enchanters so that more materials enter the economy and thus prices drop on enchants. They are keeping the item drops and vendoring them to take care of their own needs.

Don't DE anything in the dungeon of course your going to upset someone if they can use it and you just shard it. Just tell them you need crit(or what ever it is) for your raid or arena matches even if its a downgrade.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's your loot... who cares what they think. The dungeons wont be going anywhere any time soon so just get another group and move out.