Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Everyone who is saying self farmed consumables are free, is forgetting the opportunity cost of getting tons of gold if you sold the stuff instead.
    Nothing is free guys, raiding and popping combatpots is still ridiculously expensive.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    7.1 Blood vendor is still weeks away, and until then prices for pots/flasks are going to super high.

I spend about 35-40k on runes/pots/flasks a raid and it was fine a few weeks ago since I had tons of gold. But raiding three nights a week is really getting costly and not sure I'll make it til 7.1 unless I play this game constantly and farming while I'm not raiding 4-5 hours a night.

Anyone else facing this dilemma? The thing is that even if you buy a token, it's 20 dollars for a token that will JUST cover raid expenses for one night.
    You need to supplement that lost income by making more. It's that simple
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I havent even raided seriously, like 9 hours since the raids got released (Casual raiding ftw) and i already feel like i should reroll Herb every time i visit the AH.

Blizzard needs to do something asap.

Starlight rose should be removed from potions, and lowered to 2 per flask.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I havent even raided seriously, like 9 hours since the raids got released (Casual raiding ftw) and i already feel like i should reroll Herb every time i visit the AH.

Blizzard needs to do something asap.

Starlight rose should be removed from potions, and lowered to 2 per flask.
    Things are fine as they are. What needs to actually happen is, people need to stop thinking they need these things in normal and heroic, or every pull on mythic. You can down normal and heroic perfectly fine without flasks or pots and if you do need them then what is the rush because clearly mythic is above what you can handle.

The only time any sensible raid leader should be making their raiders use these every pull is when you are close to a mythic kill and can't beat it by playing better mechanically.

Come on. Flask and Pots are not mandatory and should only be used if you know you got a realistic chance of killing the boss. Only retards use pots on evey pull. Also potions have never been as strong as they are right now. Seen Deadly Grace potion doing like 10% of total dmg, that is absurd. Else i think you should talk with your guild about it, maybe if everyone pay like 50k to the guild your gm or someone else could buy shit tons of materials for potions/flask/food and stuff :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've made 160-170k this expansion even with keeping myself prepared for raids. The costs are high because everyone has gold to spend.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    by bought you mean sold loot runs the previous expansion.

I don't see established raiding guilds buying gold, simply don't need to with how much gold we got in wod, and on top of proper preparation its just not needed.
    No, bought. From goldsellers. Sometimes carries are lucrative enough, but usually at the start of expansions raid guilds do buy from gold sellers. Or I should say that was the case for guilds that I was in when I did cutting edge raiding up through WLK, and also in hardcore but less cutting edge raiding after that. It was talked about pretty openly across different guilds and servers .. and with the lengths that hardcore raiders go to now to prepare for raids I wouldn't be surprised if it's even more common. I mean people are kidding themselves if they think that current cutting edge raiders will make sacrifices to their health and take time off work to raid but wouldn't buy gold. lol

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No, bought. From goldsellers. Sometimes carries are lucrative enough, but usually at the start of expansions raid guilds do buy from gold sellers. Or I should say that was the case for guilds that I was in when I did cutting edge raiding up through WLK, and also in hardcore but less cutting edge raiding after that. It was talked about pretty openly across different guilds and servers .. and with the lengths that hardcore raiders go to now to prepare for raids I wouldn't be surprised if it's even more common. I mean people are kidding themselves if they think that current cutting edge raiders will make sacrifices to their health and take time off work to raid but wouldn't buy gold. lol
    Not saying they wouldn't but there hasn't been a need to for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    1.- Drop one of your professions. (I dropped JC, kept enchanting)
    2.- learn Herbalism
    3.- go herb and sell all you farm on the AH

grats!, now you have enough gold to buy all the flasks and pots that you need.
    taking time away from ap grinding and legendary farming.

Great success!

This is what happens when they make everyone dependent upon Garrisons, flood the economy with tons of Garrison gold, make gathering super difficult, and ban all the bots. There's no one out there actually gathering and supply/demand is in full force. Making gathering easier or making flasks require less mats would band-aid the problem but the real issue is all that garrison gold. Prices will stay high because there's a ton of people out there who can afford them (so Blizzard will let prices stay high to help balance out the gold distribution). It's the haves/have-nots right now and the have-nots just won't get to use flasks.

Raids or the prices of consumables are the last thing that'll drive me away from the game. It's basically everything surrounding it that's making me play other games instead.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    It should settle soon.

Herbs are very expensive, more and more people are rolling Herbalism because you can make a WoW Token (EU) equivalent in gold in just 1-2 hours or so.
    Once the market is saturated with herbalists, the prices should drop a bit.

Remember that we entered Legion with barely anybody having gathering professions. They were useless in WOD and frankly in most previous expansions as well (unless you enjoy farming shit that's worth 2g each on AH)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    It should settle soon.

Herbs are very expensive, more and more people are rolling Herbalism because you can make a WoW Token (EU) equivalent in gold in just 1-2 hours or so.
    Once the market is saturated with herbalists, the prices should drop a bit.

Remember that we entered Legion with barely anybody having gathering professions. They were useless in WOD and frankly in most previous expansions as well (unless you enjoy farming shit that's worth 2g each on AH)
    exactly, thats why im strongly against this blood of sargeras vendor, its WoD garrison vendors all over again, let players deal with this issue on their own

the only thing I would fix is usefullness of some other professions, currently you dont need anything from tailors/leatherworkers/blacksmiths, another fix would be adding one blood of sargeras instead of starlight rose for some alchemy recipes (mostly flasks)

Besides this i dont see any problems, people who stayed subbed during shit times (WoD, Cata or even MoP in some cases) have more than enough gold, this includes top guilds. If you came back after wotlk and you expect to do all the content while not investing any time to prepare for it is...well, we see it more and more (weapons skins not available from LFR outbreak nonsense). If you cant farm for few hours a week to raid mythic 3 nights a week for several hours...then maybe, just maybe you dont belong to that kind of content. Maybe, just speculating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    yeah, I just stopped using flasks

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    7.1 Blood vendor is still weeks away, and until then prices for pots/flasks are going to super high.

I spend about 35-40k on runes/pots/flasks a raid and it was fine a few weeks ago since I had tons of gold. But raiding three nights a week is really getting costly and not sure I'll make it til 7.1 unless I play this game constantly and farming while I'm not raiding 4-5 hours a night.

Anyone else facing this dilemma? The thing is that even if you buy a token, it's 20 dollars for a token that will JUST cover raid expenses for one night.
    Then don't use flasks and pots on early progression. Start using them when a kill is in reach.
    That's how it's been done for years before flasks and pots became really cheap and easy to farm.

We farm mats and make potions/flasks for every raider, they are distributed by the officers(raider used to be able to take them out of the gbank, but with how much they cost to make now...). We didnt use flasks/potions for normal/heroic(only on ilgynoth to 1phase it).

You had one year to farm gold for this xpac... just saying.

Then don't use flasks and pots on early progression. Start using them when a kill is in reach.
    That's how it's been done for years before flasks and pots became really cheap and easy to farm.
    I didn't play in Classic, but pots and flasks have been very easy to farmevery expansion since TBC. What's happening in Legion is completely new, and it's because of the ridiculous amounts of mats required to make them.

2 x 4 "standard herbs" and 2 of the "rare" herb for a single pot is freaking insane. In previous expansions, you could always afford to simply buy your flasks and pots with minimal effort to keep your gold up. The golddrain was always the bufffood, not the pots/flasks.

The difference is that now, flasks, pots and food are all extremely expensive, and all of them takes ages to farm because of the insane material requirements.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    I'm sorry but have you played legion at all? Your dps with potions goes up like 40-50k. If your goal is to clear mythic at any respectable rate then you do need them. If you are filthy casual that doesn't mind waiting for the next tier to do so, then you should have ignored this thread in the first place.
    3/7 mythic 0 pots used i have no issue pushing 250k stable so far thats been enough

Deleted
    I honestly couldnt care less.