Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Really? I feel I have been pretty much all over the place already.

Oh, nm it was an old post.
    Yea this thing got necro'd.

Suramar City is still by far the most beautiful and full living city Blizzard has ever made, though I'm over the quests at this point. It'll be really interesting to see what happens to it over the course of the expansion. Hopefully they don't destroy it in the end like they tend to love to do. RIP Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    The sheer size of Suramar (the city) and the amount of details inside the city is something unseen in a MMO.
    Someone has never played GW2 i see. It is quite small compared to Divinity's Reach and obviously much less detailed. Not to take anything away from Suramar City. It is a fantastic location.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Suramar City is arguably the most well crafted non-playable faction city the game has ever had. Very impressive.
    It makes me sad that our faction cities don't have the same grand scale and feel to them. My first though when entering that place was "This is how a city like Stormwind should look and feel".

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Someone has never played GW2 i see. It is quite small compared to Divinity's Reach and obviously much less detailed. Not to take anything away from Suramar City. It is a fantastic location.
    GW2 cities have to be bigger and better because once you got through the good part of the game and hit max level, there was't much to do for years and years except PvP or stand in them.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    GW2 cities have to be bigger and better because once you got through the good part of the game and hit max level, there was't much to do for years and years except PvP or stand in them.
    Can't say i agree with the nothing to do part but not really the point of this discussion.

Deleted
    Yeah that tree is great, and has a great reason for being there.
    The shield used to block the view of the night sky, so the Nightborne could not see the actual stars. It would make sense for them to find means to enjoy a starry sky, bewitching these trees to show a night sky. Great attention to detail indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    hope we get to liberate it later on maybe in 7.2 or something so it can be our home hub.
    Knowing Blizzard, it'll burn to the ground within a few patches.

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    The guards deserve it

Given all the annoying NPCs there, I'm hoping the whole place is reduced to a green smoking crater.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    While I can't wait to unlock flying overall I hope the city proper, inside the dome, is a no fly zone. It will completely ruin the fun aesthetic the area has.
    You could just, like.... not fly there?
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Looks ok, best "city" in wow by far, but WoW doesn't have any actual city. Cities in wow are small towns. Suramar sure looks good, but it's nothing to write home about.
    Well from a gameplay point the cities are optimal. Lorewise, Stormwind for example is a City with a Population of 200k

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    It makes me sad that our faction cities don't have the same grand scale and feel to them. My first though when entering that place was "This is how a city like Stormwind should look and feel".
    I think Stormwind and Suramar are actually quite similar in size (maybe Stormwind is even bigger with the graveyard), but Stormwind simply isn't as nearly detailed as Suramar is. The small details, like NPCs with voice acting, Wastebins, Logical City districts and general Fantasy-RPG aesthetics made it feel really special for me, rather than size.

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    Good, I hope I get to light the fire. Screw those guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Eh, I would not say that. I feel that flying made the faction cities feel less grandiose because of the way flying shrinks the world. I still remember the first times I went into Stormwind and Ironforge and thinking "these cities are huge!". These memories left a huge impression on me and made me appreciate the world. Getting to experience Suramar City from the ground adds to the experience of its scale. =P
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-10-02 at 09:21 PM.

Deleted
    Im impressed with the music of the city. Makes the daily quests bearable.

Definitely the best location/city Blizzard has ever created.
    And... it feels alive, probably due to the millions npc's there, but still. And you can go up on rooftops and the city itself is multitiered.

They managed to create something more beautiful than Karabor in Draenor, which was not used for absolutely nothing unfortunately. I wish the other cities in WoW were "bigger", not necessarily the size of Suramar of course, but they feel kinda claustrophobic(Stormwind I'm looking at you). And while Dalaran is nice, it's the size of a peanut.

Deleted
    When I first saw suramar flying to high mountain, I was beyond blown away. Totally breathtaking
    Questing there, I couldn't wait to get to the main city
    Even the patrols I didn't mind as it is such a beautiful place
    Then came "rumour has it" quest....
    Still find the place beautiful, but reluctant to explore now lol
    I really hope at some point in the expansion, we kick the legion out, and retake the city fully
    It would literally become the crown jewel in wow's cities if it was habitable

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope with in the next few patches it becomes the main city hub.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all in for getting it as a proper city hub later on.

I'm also hoping that Blizzard in the future revisits the notion that player cities "must be small". I disagree and very much like the WoW Alpha cities and town concepts.

I absolutely hate Suramar with a passion xD most people i play with also share that feeling