Love how these people make complaints that "there's nothing to do!" and "the world is empty!!" in regards to retail, and then there are plenty of threads on the forum where people complain about having to compete with others in the Broken Isles, and having too MUCH to do.

Also hilarious how someone can claim that Legion has "nothing to do", and then turn around to say that content from 2004 gives them shit to do...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-10-02 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Love how these people make complaints that "there's nothing to do!" and "the world is empty!!" in regards to retail, and then there are plenty of threads on the forum where people complain about having to compete with others in the Broken Isles, and having too MUCH to do.

Also hilarious how someone can claim that Legion has "nothing to do", and then turn around to say that content from 2004 gives them shit to do...
    So many people didn't have the opportunity to "complete" vanilla back then, myself included; my highest level character was lvl 51. And there was also class/profession specific content, etc. Leveling was a huge part of the game back then, but so was end game (I'd say 50/50). So at best did 50% of Vanilla back then. Still want to play the other 50%.

In contrast, retail wow offers me nothing interesting, content is easy as hell, no group quests, the storytelling feels soooo bad, wrong and uninteresting. I gave Draenor a try a couple of months ago and could not get past level 92. Retail sucks really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post

In contrast, retail wow offers me nothing interesting, content is easy as hell, no group quests, the storytelling feels soooo bad, wrong and uninteresting. I gave Draenor a try a couple of months ago and could not get past level 92. Retail sucks really hard.
    Lmfao, whatever you say buddy, whatever you say.
    Meanwhile the rest of us get the following from Retail in spades:

Challenge: Check. You must be on some Method levels of skill if the game offers no "challenge" to you on Retail... But then again, perhaps not if you're feeling challenged by 2004 levels of gameplay.
    Group content and a populated world: Check
    Story: Check (Classic story was fractured as fuck so funny when people bring this up) although how someone feels about story is highly subjective. At least there is a red thread to the game's story from TBC onward.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-10-02 at 05:00 PM.

I took this screenshot a few minutes ago and thought I'd share it with you:

Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Lmfao, whatever you say buddy, whatever you say.
    Meanwhile the rest of us get the following from Retail in spades:

Challenge: Check. You must be on some Method levels of skill if the game offers no "challenge" to you on Retail... But then again, perhaps not if you're feeling challenged by 2004 levels of gameplay.
    Group content and a populated world: Check
    Story: Check (Classic story was fractured as fuck so funny when people bring this up) although how someone feels about story is highly subjective. At least there is a red thread to the game's story from TBC onward.
    I can't speak for the person you are talking to, but allow me to offer my perspective on what you talked about.

Challenge: Yes, there is indeed challenge when you are raiding in mythic difficulty. However, I've found it hard to overcome the boredom of GETTING to that point because all content up to that point is just so easy. I will not deny that Mythic raiding is harder than most of what classic WoW has to offer. However, almost all the difficulty of the game is concentrated in the final stretch.

Group content: From my experience on Nostalrius, I got to know a lot of people in the same server. I had a full friend-list who I would PM on occasion to get a dungeon group going. In fact, I'm still in touch with some of them long after the server has been shut down. On retail, my server is empty. Sure, there is group content using the LFG tool, but it matches me with people I'll never see again.

Story: Honestly, this part is irrelevant to me so I won't comment.

Fact of the matter is, I'm unsure why it affects people so much if people dislike WoW in it's current form and prefers the older version. It's not an attack on you, people simply have different preferences?

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

Would you do it agin on an official one?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    I can only hope and dream

Yes we would.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Classic was a shit heap that I hope never returns. I have a few nice memories, like server first C'thun and I miss elite quest chains but there was so little fucking content. Log on, raid, possibly convince people to wait 30-40 mins in a WSG queue, log off.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    Classic was a shit heap that I hope never returns. I have a few nice memories, like server first C'thun and I miss elite quest chains but there was so little fucking content. Log on, raid, possibly convince people to wait 30-40 mins in a WSG queue, log off.
    Edgy comment is edgy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    And why would it matter to you AT ALL if other people started playing on a classic server? Btw retail is a shit heap
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    And why would it matter to you AT ALL if other people started playing on a classic server? Btw retail is a shit heap
    Both are a shit heap in their own ways imo. Classic was fucking garbage quality of life wise and Retail is just boring as hell atm. But still great games in their own aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Both are a shit heap in their own ways imo. Classic was fucking garbage quality of life wise and Retail is just boring as hell atm. But still great games in their own aspect.
    the problem is here that that's your opinion. I don't actually think that Legion is bad, it's a good game for a quick MMO. Some people love it and that's fine! I'm glad for them.

However some of us wants to play a good old MMORPG like Vanilla-Tbc, and some people are so militant and against it. I really don't understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    the problem is here that that's your opinion. I don't actually think that Legion is bad, it's a good game for a quick MMO. Some people love it and that's fine! I'm glad for them.

However some of us wants to play a good old MMORPG like Vanilla-Tbc, and some people are so militant and against it. I really don't understand why.
    Why change a winning concept? WoW has to change to not grow stale but why change the core of the game design?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    [B]Pirate servers are run by volunteer workers that takes no pay and server costs are covered by donations or advertisement income.
    Once a server is established, it takes only electricity to run it. The code for the server itself is a different story, but I'm assuming that's a labor of love.
    Pirate servers are also NOT kept to the same standard as Blizzard has to meet because they're a big international company and their reputation is one of the most important things.
    Oh yea, cause that's why my old realm CrushRidge was nicknamed CrashRidge. Don't forget the fiasco from the start of WoD. Must be a very high standard indeed. The pirate servers must be crashing ever few hours everyday.

Imagine the live monthly sub is divided in 3 parts.
    $5 for running costs.
    $5 for staff.
    $5 for development and profit.
    total: $15

However for old content servers it would look like this.
    $5 for running costs.
    $4 for staff.
    $1 for profit.
    total: $10

and this would be completely fine, but hey- what if I want both?
    well...
    $10 for running costs.
    $9 for staff
    $6 for development and profit.
    total: $25
    What if I told you that Blizzards servers cost next to nothing a month to run? Like I said, how are other MMO's and other games running their servers for free? You paint a picture as if there's a guy on a bicycle peddling like mad to keep the servers running, and the moment he stops is when the servers go down. Server crashing must be when they swap people to peddle.

Servers were expensive back in 2004 when something like T3 Internet cost a fortune, and the hardware ate power like crazy, not to forget the heat they produced. The cost of running a server today is very cheap compared to back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

Cool looks like live. Except its over 10 years in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why change a winning concept? WoW has to change to not grow stale but why change the core of the game design?
    For some of us its been "growing" in the wrong direction since the end of WoTLK. Hence wanting to play the game that made WoW what it once was.

yea that's the funniest part. they complain about content but do something that was current 12 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Tell that to the hundred(s) of other servers operating, many of which openly refute Blizzard's claim(s), while still operating many years after notification to stop. Only the Noob thinks Nostalrius was the only one - it's the only one former WoW founder Mark Kern ran that made the news.

I would love to entertain your source data for this claim. It must be really good .... right? Most people? You are good at assessing customers! Share your poll please.

Well supposingly trump is at 62% on WikiLeaks poll on winning the last debate so its pretty clear that there is a lot of huge liars on the internet.

Deleted
    Love for classic is just because of rose coloured glasses. Just look at the facts.

'PvP - Massive imbalance and honour grind'
    'Raid - Forced into certain roles because others were just completely useless. All paladins were forced to heal at one point, remember!?
    'Dungeons - A gateway to Raids where you spent 30 minutes or more in Stormwind spamming trade chat for a group only to have to travel to the dungeon. If someone left you gotta do the entire thing again!' I have fond memories of getting a group only to have someone leave, having to go back to stormwind, get a new member and then go back to the dungeon....
    'Quests - Boring, repetetive, running to and from the quest giver, long travel times because of mounts at 40 and 60. Let's not forget that there are no repeatable quests!
    'Proffessions - Lol, grind grind grind grind grind.

Oh hey. I just covered all of the content that vanilla WoW had. Let's finish this off...

'Story - What story. There was ragnaros, there was naxxramas, there was ahn qiraj., there were trolls. None of it linked together, the questing experience had completely independant storylines, it was a complete mess.

'Classes - Yeah it was great, all mages had to be frost, all paladins had to heal, all warriors had to tank, the list goes on. If you raided, you were forced to play a certain roll. If you PvP'd you HAD to play a certain roll because the others were so underpowered.

But let's face it, even with all these facts dangling right infront of your faces like some kind of preverbial carrot, you still can't see the damn thing because your rose coloured glasses are so thick they even block out the fucking sun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    Love for classic is just because of rose coloured glasses. Just look at the facts.

'Classes - Yeah it was great, all mages had to be frost, all paladins had to heal, all warriors had to tank, the list goes on. If you raided, you were forced to play a certain roll. If you PvP'd you HAD to play a certain roll because the others were so underpowered.

But let's face it, even with all these facts dangling right infront of your faces like some kind of preverbial carrot, you still can't see the damn thing because your rose coloured glasses are so thick they even block out the fucking sun.
    Or could it be hmm I don't know, that different people prefer different things? Maybe some people liked that all classes couldnt do everything. While some people wants classes that all feel the same and participation epics, some don't

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post

'PvP - Massive imbalance and honour grind'
    'Raid - Forced into certain roles because others were just completely useless. All paladins were forced to heal at one point, remember!?
    'Dungeons - A gateway to Raids where you spent 30 minutes or more in Stormwind spamming trade chat for a group only to have to travel to the dungeon. If someone left you gotta do the entire thing again!' I have fond memories of getting a group only to have someone leave, having to go back to stormwind, get a new member and then go back to the dungeon....
    ered.
    Also this is something I see some people writing. You must not have been very fun to play with (if you even played Vanilla at all) as It took me a couple of months and I had a filled friendlist and guildies to do dungeons with at any given time.