Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Gear would still be garbage. Either you had your best in slot or you would have upgraded your item to be closer to that item. You would have to get an item, which was closer to you BiS for you to switch out, even with reforging, because you would just reforge the new item that you got. So it did not really change anything, all it did was make every othe item a little bit better.
    I would rather find an item i can reforge and then wear then throw it out because it doesnt have bis stats

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need reforging, what this game needs is for players to realize their best stat is not that much more powerful than the 2nd and 3rd stat.
    And ppl need to realize that stamina is actually needed if you want to do harder content : mythic+
    And they need to make our main stat stronger now. Then ilvls would actually matter.

And players need to realise that the expansion is only starting, you got a lot of months to go and get geared. You don't have to run mythic+15 today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, this makes me laugh.. I loved Reforging, and the fact we could manage our gear, was sad when it was gone - and I laugh now when some wants it back ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    I would rather find an item i can reforge and then wear then throw it out because it doesnt have bis stats
    People keep forgetting, that this would still happend in a reforge world, because every item would be reforged. You would still have a BiS item, items which had bad stats, would still have bad stats.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    ...now more than ever. Especially with the removal of primary stats from necks and rings. I probably don't even need to expand on that statement. Anyone playing Legion will know exactly what I mean. Oh you want some crit? Never mind, have some more mastery instead.
    While I can understanding x is better than y for me, how much of a difference is it? does that make a significant better or just better? I am not arguing that it is better, we all know its better, but more that scale of improvement of it.

I don't miss reforging. I like the system as it is personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Please no.

Though I do wish the stats were weighted a bit more closely.
    We go through this every expansion and yet everyone seems to forget that itemization gets better as the expansion goes on. Also, no one will or has ever had their best two secondary stats on every piece of gear at the end of an expansion. It will get better as Legion goes on.

We really, really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    We go through this every expansion and yet everyone seems to forget that itemization gets better as the expansion goes on. Also, no one will or has ever had their best two secondary stats on every piece of gear at the end of an expansion. It will get better as Legion goes on.
    True, but they are way off for Rogues at least, much more than I remember from previous expansions. And Versa is the top stat which is just plain weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see it come back, as well as Spirit, MP5, Armor Pen, Hit, ect ect... and remove dumbed down, versitility..

The problem is that the Mathmatical Genius' at Actiblizz can't handle the terrible Idea of "all specs viable" lets add 3 more classes and 8 more talent trees, Oh and dumb the trees down (see versitility) then make artifacts.

The dumbshits couldn't balance/handle what they had.... so in their wisdom they made more. While nuking glyphs. (which was a bad idea to start with.

Give us back 3 TBC/Vanilla talent trees one or two specs for PVE and one for PVP

They broke what wasn't broken, proceeded to put too much on their plates, and can't handle the basics. stupid fucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    People keep forgetting, that this would still happend in a reforge world, because every item would be reforged. You would still have a BiS item, items which had bad stats, would still have bad stats.
    I'd feel less annoyed about the gear drops though. I can say that much, my class(s) that I play get more fun with the BiS stats or rather they make it less clunky. Wouldn't complain about the clunkiness if I reforged. And I didn't care too much about using Askmrrobot

Heck people still use it today so I don't think it's an argument.

Give us back 3 TBC/Vanilla talent trees one or two specs for PVE and one for PVP
    Vanilla talent trees were terrible. The design was is what Artifact *talent* tree is now which fits what it's supposed to be.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    yeah versa is such a bis stat for many classes, must be the reason why the versa gem is 500 gold on my server. Such good stat
    Well those speccs are lucky then. Versatility is a stats tanks and some melees want. What makes it cheap, doesn't make it crap.

Reforging isn't the best option ever. But any option sounds good when we have a Diablo'esque RNG fest for gear.

What we need first is for deterministic gearing options to come back, ie no triple-RNG "nameless" loot, fixed stats/gem slots on said loot and vendors with some (not all) mid-to-high-end gear that can be bought by some sort of currency (valour/justice/honour/conquest). Reforging would be good on top of all these, but on its own it's just too little to counter the mess that is Legion's gearing system.

does it matter though?

if its a bad item dont use it

i dont think anyone wants the engaging and intricate gameplay of "press reforge addon button and it calculates your entire gear" it was pointless

Reforging would be really awesome....

As a Ret Paladin gearing nowdays is fucking stupid. I basically need every piece of gear to have majority haste...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Gearing becomes rather easy with reforging back.
    So no.
    You should have to actually make choices, and reforging removes a lot of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Reforging had a purpose back when we had to be careful around To Hit/Expertise and other "caps", but it wouldn't be very interesting these days, it'd just allow you to take a bit more out of your loot.

What we actually need is either better loot tables or, even better, correctly designed classes such that there's no "bad stat". I mean, it's okay for crit to be real good for fire mages, but it's not okay for crit to be better than int and some of the other secondaries and nothing to be nearly the same.

But right now, if reforge was added, there'd be no point to having a min-game around it. It's simply "take worst stat and reforge it into best stat", that's boring as fuck. Should just become automatic by then.

Say, every class has their main stat and rather than some silly passive of "gets 5% more of it from all sources!11!" it becomes a "A third of any stat other than [X] becomes [X] instead", so passive reforging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svelte View Post
    How do u know this? Did blizz say it was extra work or your just pulling stuff out of your ass? It was removed to help hit/exp at the start and at the end of the expansion when you are drowning with it.
    Yes. They did. They said it was pointless, that almost everyone used addons to tell them what to reforge, that there is was no variability, that it was expensive and made it difficult to change gear. As a result, people would pass on upgrades because of cost or that it couldn't be reforged into something they wanted. It was busywork that didn't really add to the game.

That said, I happened to like it, but I like tweaking things.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Reforging would be really awesome....

As a Ret Paladin gearing nowdays is fucking stupid. I basically need every piece of gear to have majority haste...
    A number of classes and specs are dealing with the horribleness of stat imbalance making items that would historically be an upgrade on ilvl alone and instead are given trash. Not sure if this is on purpose by the devs or just apart of the shitty class balance. I know a couple of entry level guilds that went to try personal loot end up ditching it because of how bad gear waste was with players getting upgrades that was actually downgrade and not being able to pass them along. Ive been keeping trash higher ilvl gear just in case it drops again for me again and I can then pass the duplicate it to others who can actually use it.
    Last edited by Greenmagoo; 2016-10-02 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yes. They did. They said it was pointless, that almost everyone used addons to tell them what to reforge, that there is was no variability, that it was expensive and made it difficult to change gear. As a result, people would pass on upgrades because of cost or that it couldn't be reforged into something they wanted. It was busywork that didn't really add to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    does it matter though?

if its a bad item dont use it

i dont think anyone wants the engaging and intricate gameplay of "press reforge addon button and it calculates your entire gear" it was pointless
    And when you spend 4 hours to clear a raid and only get one drop, and that drop is terrible due to poor itemization despite being higher ilvl? That's not fun either.

Reforging allows players to mitigate terrible luck with the RNG drop system instead of getting screwed by constant bad rolls. People keep saying that Reforging is boring because everyone just uses it the same way? Well that's still better than getting crapped on week after week after week by RNG.