Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Welcome to every game, even ones with so called "nice" communities.

Would still rather deal with WoW's community than FFXIV's, though. Over there you have that same angst, plus a userbase that skews 10 years younger and is filled to the brim with anime fans.

I miss Sakaguchi era FF that had no association with anime. XIV is a direct follow up to that but the fancreep well has been poisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by odamienski View Post
    Take a look at the thread where people are talking about personal loot and disenchanting, its just horrible, people would rather disenchant something for a chaos crystal than make someones day.

nothing less than horrible human beings that only see pixels.
    Better example, I made a thread asking why is it so popular to grief people with training elite mobs on them and got 11 pages of replies "git gud" "l2p" "stop being such a crybaby" and generally how fun and awesome it is to be a jerk! Deal with it or gtfo!

That's the community we have, but I shrug it off and try to go on, that's why I told the OP try to find a better guild that you'd enjoy if the current one is rude and clueless.

Decent people hide in enclaves - their own guilds - and play with each other, because they're a minority and need to protect their enjoyment of play from people who think it's cool to abuse, exploit and mistreat others. There are countless stories on these forums and wow forums about pugs who flame, kick for little or no reason, kick wrong person, bully others, waste their keystones on purpose (or back in WOD waste their mythic raid lockout) and so on.

It's not WOW specific, I played League of Legends for some time and it's same story there - flaming, harassment, shifting blame, refusing to cooperate, trolling, to the point the owning company tries to invent more and more sophisticated ways to ban and chat ban worst offenders. Still not enough because it's fashionable to tell people "f* your mom" and "get cancer" on a daily basis. WOW community is a notch above at least. It's really not the worst.

you're a healer, grow an attitude yourself, because you can instantly find other groups, while they're gonna have to wait a good 10-30mins on a healer. healing sucks in legion so they should feel thankful that you're merciful enough to heal their fat asses that stand in everything

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only in retail wow I see this happen, that's why I never played with pugs. I'm currently on a vanilla server and I'm shocked over how nice everybody is, very helpful aswell.

People can disagree all they want but with cross realm LFD we started seeing this behavior a lot more.
    Sometimes the game has to force you to be nice, or else the inner troll and asshole wakes up.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't feel any different than before to me. I've had some great groups and some groups with jerks but I haven't a noticed a difference in frequency. Last night I ended up in a group with a raging healer that kept screaming at people and tried to voke kick people out of nowhere, and this morning I ended up in a group that was a lot of fun, very friendly and help.

It happens, you meet awesome people and assholes. I have a seperate chat window that is strictly guild chet and battle net whsipers that I use when I end up in a group of drama or jerks. If people start acting like assholes I just switch to that chat window instead. Unless I have to coordinate with the group I am perfectly fine in my own little chat and I can simply ignore their crap and go about my day. I highly suggest it.

It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong, it sounds like you are just playing the game and having some bad experiences like the rest of us have. All you can do is not dwell on it, shit happens. Just move on, once you get in a guild that are better run or at least friendly you won't have to worry about pugging either.

There is no avoiding those kind of groups and this is why PuGing should always be a temporary solution.

How can you subscribe to a free server

Meh, not noticed any difference or change in the community that wasn't there before random matchmaking became a thing. Yes, even in the rose-colored lavender scented era of Classic. I no-life the crap out of the game, playing all roles in random group content, and have only encountered elitist jerks a handful of times during my 8 years. Brushing them off and moving on has rarely been a problem.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-10-02 at 10:15 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are selfish and greedy. Completely normal behavior.

To think other wise is to be a delusional dumbass
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    I did LFR on wednesday and the chat was full of "lol look at these noobs we have to carry. We gonna wipe so much. Benefit loot". etc etc. Basically raiders thinking they are supreme.

I finally said this chat is total aids and they all shut up. Never heard such bullshit.

Deleted
    Addons are to be blamed here.
    Gear score and Recount destroyed the RPG feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    My takeaway from this is that people mass pull in mythics. Must be real hard then, doing high level mythics, if mass pulling is a viable option. I'm just pointing this out mainly because mythic runners seem to be saying mythics are so hard and require so much skill and strategy.

Remember those 7 NPC packs back in TBC, and when you actually had to CC 2-3 of them in order to have any chance of surviving? Yeah, I guess those days aren't coming back any time soon.
    Go play a mythic 6, 7 or higher and try to "mass pull" then come back and talk.

OP said the tank chain pulled in mythic 5 and everyone died. That's what's gonna happen with the current gear levels. It's not feasible to mass pull like it was daily hc.

Too bad the pug did usual pug thing - instead of learning from a wipe started blaming each other and especially healer.

It's not just tank damage, it's the aoe damage on the non-tank members that makes it not feasible to mass pull & aoe them down.

If you have enough dps to burst the pack within a duration of aoe stun, then we're back to the old mop-wod CM playstyle, that requires mobs to be stunnable, dps people being good geared and competent, and sometimes even pre-potting. And still only goes up to specific difficulty level since health of mobs goes up a lot per each level.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-10-02 at 10:52 PM.

The community has always been this way. If you're playing a healer and pugging content then you're going to have to get used to being blamed for deaths. There's no way to avoid it while pugging. You should probably just learn to accept it or find a guild that isn't ran by asshats.

I have seen the same attitudes in random queue. Only way to avoid such behavior is to stick with a premade group of known players you enjoy being around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    The community has always been this way. If you're playing a healer and pugging content then you're going to have to get used to being blamed for deaths. There's no way to avoid it while pugging. You should probably just learn to accept it or find a guild that isn't ran by asshats.
    No it hasn't.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Deleted
    Well i disagree with you all.

I think its a matter of simply leaving groups that smell of rageblame and finding groups that dont. I think 1/10 groups i play with are rageblame when i pug. I dont pug that much though since i'm in a very social guild where we have been playing together for years.

Find one of those, get to know people, and play with them. Its very easy if you are a decent healer to get a good group of people aroudn you that want to play with you. Even if they are slightly better then you.

I could understand your problem if you where a dps. But a healer not being able to find a good group sounds like something else is going on

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    The modern design of WoW makes people be able to show the worst side of them without consequence. It's simply bad game design.
    Yep, 100% this. The devs seem oblivious to it too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    LFG + cross server = people are easily disposable and replacable.

It's a problem.
    amen to that Shiyo

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    No it hasn't.
    Yes it was. I remember doing daily hc late TBC (there was some ethereal dude in Shatt giving the quest) and me and guild tank from a very casual guild pugged some dps and they started ridiculing him he has "less hp than them as a tank" because they were all sporting welfare pvp gear with bazillion stamina. Tank was defense capped and did guild run in Karazhan but that didn't matter for pugs.

Also we pugged some people for that guild Karazhan run and I remember someone mocking us "Karazhan isn't even a raid, it's a glorified dungeon" and going all elitist on us.

Oh ye, and I remember being declined from dungeon pugs as a resto druid "because druids don't have proper rez". And the usual question from pugs "how many epics you have equipped? What's your +healing power?" So generally same as ilvl / gearscore plague.

Maaaybe it was different in vanilla, I didn't play in vanilla so I wouldn't know, but I somehow doubt it. I joined in TBC, was all green and noob but I remember well enough the community wasn't very inclusive. Actually before my druid was resto I wanted to be boomkin but the community quickly taught me if you aren't mage / rogue / hunter you ain't getting spots as dps.

The only difference is people pugged way less back in the days. And definitely not the top difficulty content, that was confined to guilds.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-10-02 at 11:18 PM.

The community of wow is just... about the same as any other big, online community with anonymous people on the Internet.