View Poll Results: DE Personal Loot in a PuG?

Voters
911. This poll is closed
  • It's *your* loot, DE it if you want

314 34.47%
  • You should always share loot if it's an upgrade for someone else

280 30.74%
  • It's your right to DE it and it's their right to kick you

317 34.80%
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Never seen a poll so split before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Just remember the dynamics. If you're in a mythic pug and you're a dps, you should treat the leader of the group like he's carrying you and you're grateful for that, or expect to be kicked. Kicking a dps is nearly cost less to him. If you're a tank or healer he's going to think twice so you can be a bit more selfish.
    There is so much Wrong in this statement. Group leaders should not expect to be treated as Allmighty Gods who grant others the opportunity to experience the Dungeon under his guidance.
    Neither should the Tanks or Healer behave that way.

Holy Crap, if someone actually believe they should get special treatment just because he is a Tank/Healer/Group Leader, i would gladly leave the group.
    You Should Respect other players, and respect the role they do in a Group. Honestly, where is the Respect to other Players?
    You expect other players to be "Nice" to you and trade you their Loot. But you dont even respect others like "Group Members".
    That Sounds like you treat DPS in your group as simple LootSlaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    If you drove me to the store and I bought a lottery then won, do I OWE you any of the winnings?
    Thats actually the Best Example here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    And if I need the enchant mats?
    Buy Them. LoL
    No Seriously. Yes, people expect you to buy them. But why dont they buy the Gear they need?
    Double Standarts, thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    As far as your analogy goes, there are no rules who gets MD cast on them. It's just generally accepted that if it's used it is being used to help a tank pick up adds or get aggro on pull.

... That's exactly my point. 'Generally accepted' IS an unspoken rule. You're saying there are no unspoken rules in PUGS; I counter with it's an unspoken rule that you DON'T misdirect to an AFK healer because it's a dick move. I've never had someone tell me that (Therefore: Unspoken) but everyone agrees that you don't do it (As in: A Rule) otherwise you're a dick. There's plenty of unspoken rules that people abide by in PUGs, claiming there aren't any is ludicrous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    He's speaking about personal bonus roll. It cannot be traded. Unless I misunderstood, at which point he's just an ass - that would mean he DEd a piece that would've been useful to someone else in a run they were doing together.
    You misunderstood; he DE'd an item he got off 'Personal loot' (AKA, normal boss drop) that he COULD have traded to someone else, who asked for it, but he refused and DE'd it anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    that would mean he DEd a piece that would've been useful to someone else in a run they were doing together.
    lol all these goody two shoes saying you should put a random dipshit you could care less about over yourself.........must all work at Disneyland
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

why would you DE it in front of them for? you were being a dick. at least say something I need it for off spec or it has better stats for me. to DE it infront of the group you knew what you were doing and now deal with the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    ... That's exactly my point. 'Generally accepted' IS an unspoken rule. You're saying there are no unspoken rules in PUGS; I counter with it's an unspoken rule that you DON'T misdirect to an AFK healer because it's a dick move. I've never had someone tell me that (Therefore: Unspoken) but everyone agrees that you don't do it (As in: A Rule) otherwise you're a dick. There's plenty of unspoken rules that people abide by in PUGs, claiming there aren't any is ludicrous.

- - - Updated - - -

You misunderstood; he DE'd an item he got off 'Personal loot' (AKA, normal boss drop) that he COULD have traded to someone else, who asked for it, but he refused and DE'd it anyways.
    The thing is about anything that is unspoken is that people have different values & ways of doing things, even in video games, and thus the idea of mandatory gear trading is *subjective*. Just going by this small WoW forum you can already see over two hundred players who don't feel that gear trading is an unspoken rule to them that is generally accepted. Now, if this thread is in quite the dispute about the validity of this 'rule' imagine how many more players of the remaining millions of WoW players outside of MMOC might also not feel that gear trading is some unofficial rule to stand by? Just because you run with pugs who follow by it doesn't mean you aren't going to run into many who do not want that.

Don't like people not giving you their loot, petition Blizzard. Oh wait, they don't feel it is a rule to play by either unless the entire group agreed to it beforehand...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    why would you DE it in front of them for? you were being a dick. at least say something I need it for off spec or it has better stats for me. to DE it infront of the group you knew what you were doing and now deal with the consequences.
    Because there are groups who will give the hand it over or kick ultimatum anyway even if you don't DE it. At least by DEing it you have an actual excuse of why you can't to go alongside with why you don't want to.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-10-02 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    common courtesy is also letting the OP offer to give it to someone.
    Deing would suggest he clearly had no intent

I don't expect anyone to give away their personal loot. It's their to do with what they want. Sure you can kick someone for not giving away their loot. But that just makes you an asshole an entitled one at that. Do you go and tell people they should give you their food cause your more hungry than they?

Yes their profession is more important to them than you random joe, who is just as likely not to want to give them loot if they need it. And calling giving away loot charity is laughable at best since you basically are threatening people with kicks. Guess blackmail schemes are charity too then? Give me a fucking break.

IMO, with the way it is now, personal means PERSONAL; you are perfectly under no obligation to share it with some random pugs even if the option is there. All for DEing your own personal loot in random pugs, I don't expect any other pugs to share. Now if it was your guild group, then yeah you're an ass probably for not thinking about inquiring before DEing it, but that's the extent of it. If the pugs are all guildies and you're the outsider, well I'm still for doing whatever you want with your loot, but yeah then expect them to kick you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    He knew that he got an item and had the enchanting profession. If people want to cry that they didn't get items that were given to others, they are delusional. People should not be guilt tripped into handing over items, let alone kicked.

Do I give people items that I do not need? Yes. Because I want to, not because I have a gun pointed at my head in the form of triggered party members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

dont lie, if you was on his place, you would not be upset?

When I think they are playing well for the current ilv, I will trade it. If they don't play well (most of the time) I just de it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Never seen a poll so split before.
    Beat me to it. That is rare to see out here.

My vote's in the first group. It's your loot. DE it, vend it, transmog it, it's your choice. Pathetic isn't a strong enough word to describe the sense of entitlement players have now.

OP, shake this dbag group off. My experience is players who will kick over something like this will kick you over anything. They're best avoided. A good rule of thumb is to have the raid leader type what the rules are in raid chat before starting. If they won't do it, don't join the raid.

Still, the best solution to this would be for Blizzard to not have personal loot show up in raid or party chat. There's no need for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    I would have kicked you as well.

I love how you put PERSONAL LOOT in caps as if that automatically means it is just your loot. There is a reason you can trade loot.
    Are you trolling? I can't tell

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    IT. IS. THEIR. LOOT. My god, what definition are you using for being a dick? Are we living in some bizaro world where people pressuring others to give what the game rewarded them as not being a dickish move? THAT, is a true jerk like behavior. Quit demanding that other people give you their rng awarded loot for the sole sake of making your gearing up process faster.

Learn to be patient enough to win gear on the merits of your own rng instead of thinking you are entitled to dip into the rng of your groupmates.
    Preferring 1k gild over an upgrade for another person is a dick move towards that person. It is absolutely in their right to DE their items, but I also understand why others do not want to spend time playing with such people.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    So what I'm understanding here is I should give someone the loot when the open up trade as soon as it drops, whisper me "you don't need that give it to me", just because the ability to do so is there. Why should I reward that type of behavior? Or is that ok?
    This was never wow's type of behavior. It's sad to see it in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    dont lie, if you was on his place, you would not be upset?
    I have been. I couldn't care less because it is their loot to do with as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I love how people are turning generosity (sharing loot) into an obligation (meaning it's no longer generosity it's what is expected of you) and suddenly it makes the person who won't share an asshole. It's like a Church that keeps track of monetary "donations" and then kicks out the members who don't give enough.
    Not suddenly, a person who is not generous is called selfish, and selfish people are commonly referred to as assholes and dicks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its still nice to do it... you chose to without even waiting DE the item, when it could have been a 20 ilvl upgrade for the other person, yeah you had the right to keep it but still you were being pretty heartless just deing without asking if anyone needed a item first
    The mats gained could be going towards guild enchants, profession leveling, or increasing their own dps through enchantments. There is something wrong when it is considered heartless to do something with you want with your own item.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    Preferring 1k gild over an upgrade for another person is a dick move towards that person. It is absolutely in their right to DE their items, but I also understand why others do not want to spend time playing with such people.
    But what if you use that mat for an enchantment upgrade for you, your guild, or your friends? Is it still a dick move? Why does a stranger have more rights to your item then you do?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I can't wait for Nighthold to open up. Gonna be so many tears in pugs when someone DE's a tier piece.