Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can not say I expected to see Team Europe in the finals especially after their disastrous pre-tournament games where they got smacked around by the kids. Canada should decimate them but I've seen crazier things happen in sports.

In a best of 1 they would need to play Canada on Canada's worst day of the year. Best of 3 I don't see Canada losing 2.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome officially to the new NHL thread for the upcoming season. While we watch the finals of the World Cup and preseason, we can make some predictions, such as:

Who will represent the Eastern Conference in the Cup Finals?
    In how many games will this team lose to the Blackhawks in the Finals?
    How many points will the Leafs miss the playoffs by?

Enjoy!

I predict a bottom 5 finish for Edmonton and Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I predict a bottom 5 finish for Edmonton and Toronto.
    "I predict two of the shittiest teams in the last decade will continue the trend."
    Calm down there, Nostradamus.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oilers barely miss the playoffs. The Leafs improve but are still a bottom 7~ team. Auston Matthews barely edges out Patrik Laine for the Calder but both are dynamic scoring threats all year. Columbus finishes bottom 2 but does not win the lotto. Detroit misses the playoffs. Hawks experience regression from everyone but Kane and Keith and squeak into the playoffs where they lose in 7 games. Colorado is the team that defeats said Blackhawks. Connor McDavid finishes as a Hart finalist but does not win it. Tampa struggles and eventually lose in 5 games in the first round. Bishop injured, Vaselevski is not ready to shoulder the weight. L.A. misses the playoffs and are replaced by the Calgary Flames. Nashville makes it to the conference finals but once again cannot get over the hump. They lose to Anaheim who goes on to win the Stanley Cup. They defeat the Capitals in a boring 6 games series where Ovechkin scores no goals and no points. Holtby goes on to win a second Vezina carrying them to another President's trophy. No one in the East proves they can contend and they almost roll their way to the finals but not before a thrilling 7 game rematch series against the Penguins. Carey Price isn't enough, Montreal misses the playoffs by a hair. Scoring problem all season, damn shame.

And for the boldest prediction? The Flames win IN Anaheim this year. (Haven't done that since 2004 with Kiprusoff in net).

10+ Year Old Account
    Panthers-Ducks finals. You heard it here first! lol

If TBL or PIT are healthy I feel like no one else in the East will be able to compete in a best of 7 besides the other. West is way too difficult to pick between LA, CHI, SJ, StL, NASH, and ANA (though I think the latter is going downhill starting this year) but I'm going to go with a dark horse and say MIN (only if they can avoid going through CHI). I feel like Boudreau will be able to turn that team's fortune around.

I'm curious to see how the Habs do this year with a healthy Price in goal and Weber on the blue line. Before Price went down last season the Habs were a monster team in the East. All relies upon whether or not they can get some scoring done this time.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I'm curious to see how the Habs do this year with a healthy Price in goal and Weber on the blue line. Before Price went down last season the Habs were a monster team in the East. All relies upon whether or not they can get some scoring done this time.
    They'll definitely be in the playoffs if Price stays healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should do fine. Outside of Tampa. There isn't much competition in the division. That means that last slot is up for grabs. Florida will probably take it.

I'm waiting until the WC is finishes before making playoff guesses. See who makes it out unscathed.

Time to rock the Toews jersey and get some gin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still preseason, but this Zibenajad kid is looking good. I still miss Brassard and wish it was Stepan that went instead. We have so much youth to play around with, I just hope they mesh well and not make rookie mistakes. Hank isn't getting any younger and it's now or never.

Deleted
    This year, you never know what will happen at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Still preseason, but this Zibenajad kid is looking good. I still miss Brassard and wish it was Stepan that went instead. We have so much youth to play around with, I just hope they mesh well and not make rookie mistakes. Hank isn't getting any younger and it's now or never.
    Why Stepan over Brassard? I've always felt like Stepan was the better of the two when I watched.
    Either way it was an amazing trade for you guys getting that pick out of it.

Loving how Marner has been playing all preseason (some insane advanced stats against Buffalo last game) and exciting to see Matthews and Zaitsev starting out.

btw a bunch of cable providers have Centre Ice on free preview during the pre-season.

Check your guides!

Shaw in the west should have Jets v Flames on 353 (TSN 3 feed) right now :E

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    The problem is that he always starts the season doing well and then finds a way to suck dick most of the year, that's why Ottawa let him go.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh...143743695.html

Probably the best news of the season so far.

When those legions of Canadian hockey fanatics sit down in front of their flat-screen TV sets to watch the NHL starting next week, many will be checking their calendars to make sure they haven't been transported back to 2014.
    After two frustrating years of trying to update the way the game is broadcast, Rogers is basically going back to the tried and true -- or at least the way it was before they took over.

Gone is big-city-hip-earring-sporting-skinny-pants-wearing George Stroumboulopoulos, replaced by small-town-homey-pun-spouting Ron MacLean, back in the Hockey Night In Canada host's chair after being shuffled aside two years ago.
    Still going to be stuck with Kypreos and his cup ring Messier won for him. But oh well, no more Healy or Strombo at least.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh...143743695.html

Probably the best news of the season so far.

Still going to be stuck with Kypreos and his cup ring Messier won for him. But oh well, no more Healy or Strombo at least.
    Too bad Sportsnet still has Healy on their payroll