Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienski View Post
    Hello child. Please read the entirety of the thread before commenting. Thank you
    According to askmrrobot.com the difference between the legendary helm on a fury warrior (the only difference is the 6 item levels from the helm) is about 15k dps (250k vs 235k). That is a lot but not that much of a difference. If guild has to choose between the two (with all else including skill being equal) they would likely choose the higher dps. You can still compete though because 15k less dps then another warrior is still helping your raid or other size group.

You can still compete in dps by comparing to people that don't have the legendary. There really is no problem with competition and Legendaries. Your competition hasn't been unbalanced by RNG because it has always been bound by RNG. That person could have higher artifact power through RNG. Better loot through RNG. The list goes on.

It has never been a everything equal competition and comparison when it comes to rankings. Crying about it now is silly.

- - - Updated - - -

First ever thread I have made and I'm amazed how people go so off topic. Is this about what spec I should play? No Is this about how I perform? No Is this about class balancing? No Is this about legendarily Items causing an imbalance? Yes
    I was replying to another poster that referenced those things. More then just you has commented with things.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I mean I partially agree with OP but at the same time he is fury when arms is still the #1 melee spec in the game..... so its like the dude talking about I want to rank frost dk rank 1 and barely beat the tanks.... Ranking as a bad spec means nothing.... However I understand legendary RNG as I'm sitting out Mythic Cenarius right now because I got 2 garbage legendaries playing a class that all but requires a good one to compete.....

i like to compete with rankings, i dont think im great, dont get that great rankings currently, i just like to compete its what i enjoy

as a fury warrior how am i meant to compete in rankings against fury warriors that have been lucky enough to drop the helm? (+10 rage on enrage)

as a fury warrior how am i meant to compete in rankings against fury warriors that have x2 legendaries equipped?

The part of the game i enjoy the most, the competing for ranks has been unbalanced by rng.

i have unsubbed, i have wasted 13 days of my life at level 110 only to look like a bad player compared to the guy that had a bit of luck, and the fact that soon ppl will be running round with 2 equipped, well. the game is just pointless for me now as the part of it i enjoy is gone.

Anyone else feeling the same?
    So all in all you're mad you don't have a legendary and rather than being glad that your guild has them and is able to progress further, you're quitting because you don't win on the charts? A bit fickle to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    According to askmrrobot.com the difference between the legendary helm on a fury warrior (the only difference is the 6 item levels from the helm) is about 15k dps (250k vs 235k). That is a lot but not that much of a difference. If guild has to choose between the two (with all else including skill being equal) they would likely choose the higher dps. You can still compete though because 15k less dps then another warrior is still helping your raid or other size group.

You can still compete in dps by comparing to people that don't have the legendary. There really is no problem with competition and Legendaries. Your competition hasn't been unbalanced by RNG because it has always been bound by RNG. That person could have higher artifact power through RNG. Better loot through RNG. The list goes on.

It has never been a everything equal competition and comparison when it comes to rankings. Crying about it now is silly.

- - - Updated - - -

I was replying to another poster that referenced those things. More then just you has commented with things.
    i know you was. I was replying to them with you. Basically telling them to bore off just trying to put me down or big the,selves up.

Can i ask op for link to armory of any of those wars with 2 legedaries equipted atm?

Deleted
    i know you was. I was replying to them with you. Basically telling them to bore off just trying to put me down or big the,selves up.
    obv something is off with your amr. I do 205k on dummies no CDs base dps only using bt slash rs rampage. If you ran it without buffs then obv the CDs will scale the damage. Your amr is missing a lot of things to consider. Put haste to 50 see what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Can i ask op for link to armory of any of those wars with 2 legedaries equipted atm?
    Give me 2 week i will link you twenty

Deleted
    I can sympathize, if you wanted to rank then it's pretty easy to have the top end locked out once a few people start getting lucky.

That said, it's nothing new. Legendaries in previous expansions like Firelands or DS locked out rankings if you weren't one of the chosen few, likewise a lucky trinket or weapon drop could make a pretty big difference - likewise kill speed, if you're in a really good guild then it's significantly easier to rank for most specs because the fights are shorter and a larger percentage of it is spent in things like BL. Then there's the elephant in the room that on most fights you can pad for numbers in areas, making numbers hard to take seriously on non-ST fights.

Rankings have been murky for a long time. It'd be nice if legendaries weren't making it even murkier, but if you were seriously going to unsub over it I don't know how you lasted this long.

On most bosses in order to get high ranks you need to do things that you shouldn't be doing.

Plenty of times on my ele shaman I would AOE adds that I wasn't supposed to in order to get up in the 95% + percentile.

Also the ranking sights have a category for your gear level, so just aim to be the best in that.

But in any case this is the same as it was in previous expansions. I was never going to pass ele shamans with the legendary staff in Dragon Soul.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    you group up to defeat bosses and not to get high logs, be happy for other people if they get extra lucky and stop cryin like a baby
    He told you what he enjoys.
    You tell me what he should be enjoying.

Good for you.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenChaser View Post
    I mean I partially agree with OP but at the same time he is fury when arms is still the #1 melee spec in the game..... so its like the dude talking about I want to rank frost dk rank 1 and barely beat the tanks.... Ranking as a bad spec means nothing.... However I understand legendary RNG as I'm sitting out Mythic Cenarius right now because I got 2 garbage legendaries playing a class that all but requires a good one to compete.....
    tbh with you bro give it a few weeks even a month, fury wont be that far behind, like i said previous with all things required, and high haste fury is gonna be evil, i seen a 50k dps increase by dropping out some ilvl and stacking more haste with impatient crafted gear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I can sympathize, if you wanted to rank then it's pretty easy to have the top end locked out once a few people start getting lucky.

That said, it's nothing new. Legendaries in previous expansions like Firelands or DS locked out rankings if you weren't one of the chosen few, likewise a lucky trinket or weapon drop could make a pretty big difference - likewise kill speed, if you're in a really good guild then it's significantly easier to rank for most specs because the fights are shorter and a larger percentage of it is spent in things like BL. Then there's the elephant in the room that on most fights you can pad for numbers in areas, making numbers hard to take seriously on non-ST fights.

Rankings have been murky for a long time. It'd be nice if legendaries weren't making it even murkier, but if you were seriously going to unsub over it I don't know how you lasted this long.
    its about raid roster too, all my guildies have a legendary and 10 more ilvl, i work just as hard as them, somehow they are way ahead, so i get benched due to doing less dps, how the fuck am i meant to compete with players 10 ilvl and a legendary ahead? quite simply i cant. i got benched tonight for our first raid, note i wrote this post before that happened, guess i could see it coming.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So this threads is basically a complaint about RNG?
    Did RNG work differently in other expansions?
    Is it any different then you not getting your tier piece in TBC?
    Is it any different then someone getting great luck with their bonus rolls and getting several 880 upgrades?

I went through several months of raiding in TBC and never got past a blue helm because I never got the tier piece out of Kara so you will have to excuse my lack of concern. I came to accept that random is random many years ago. And no I don't have a legendary on either of my level 110 characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Is it any different then someone getting great luck with their bonus rolls and getting several 880 upgrades?

I went through several months of raiding in TBC and never got past a blue helm because I never got the tier piece out of Kara so you will have to excuse my lack of concern. I came to accept that random is random many years ago. And no I don't have a legendary on either of my level 110 characters.
    So you really cannot see the divide that will be created by rng? the divide will only get bigger when people can equip 2, everyone is entitled to there opinion tho so yeah, il answer your questions.

Did RNG work differently in other expansions? yes, you could make a shortlist of bis items and work towards obtaining them, a secondary list too, so you could have something that isnt far off what is bis. persistence paid off sooner rather than later.

Is it any different then you not getting your tier piece in TBC? no, though this is not tbc, tbc was 8 years ago. this is 2016, hunters do not have bullets anymore.

Is it any different then someone getting great luck with their bonus rolls and getting several 880 upgrades? no, it just adds to my point that the game is no longer about hard work or persistence, its about luck. the problem is the difference between ilvls is too large, mythic is 840 but you can proc an 880, how does that make sense, have you seen the difference in stats from an 840-880 item?? your talking 600 more strenght, 600 more intellect, 600 more agility, multiply that by say 5 items, you will have people running round with 3kmore strength etc, not to mention secondary stats through nothing other than luck, that isnt one tier item, that is for gloves, helm, wrist, waist, boots, legs, shoulders, bracers, trinkets.

2 months time the game wont be about who is the most skilled, the game will be about who is the luckiest. it is already looking that way, whenever i am outdpsd in a dungeon, they nearly ALWAYS have a beneficial legendary, shock fucking horror. the mage bracers are just ridiculous. is that mage awesome? or is it the fact that his pyroblast does 300% more damage when inferno blast is used. i guess he is just really skilled huh.

Dont get me wrong there will be skilled mages, its just how can you compare a mage with the bracers and a mage without? you cant. the mage without gets dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    you group up to defeat bosses and not to get high logs
    For many, the game is all about maximizing ilevel at all costs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post

there has never been more RNG in the reward systems then now.

several months without your loot? thats cute.

that can happen today aswell, in addition to:
    -hidden artifact apperance that took people ~1000 tries to get, which was a bug and is now a daily attempt. aka 3 years, aka when the expansion is over.
    -to get one BIS item: first your item has to drop, then it has to titanforge three times from 880 to 895, then it needs to roll a tertiary stat.
    -raid doesn't drop item with your prefered stats? now you are hoping that all the above happens in a dungeon.
    -legendaries are pure RNG and when you do get one, there is like 50% chance it's a bad or meh one for most people.

RNG is fine, RNG to the point getting BIS gear is harder then winning the lottery is abit much though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    The whining and crying has hit an all time high.
    blizz need to take notice then dont they.

Always laughing and crying while reading this threads about /i quit coz blizzard ruined (put reason here)

really 95% of humanity is retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post
    Always laughing and crying while reading this threads about /i quit coz blizzard ruined (put reason here)

really 95% of humanity is retarded.
    you are so cool, i wish i was you

Iam same as u. i play for competition, and i got legendary. But i would never make thread if i aint got it dropped

Coz i dont feel i need to make another *blizzard ruined* post we got so many these days. its just not smart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post
    Iam same as u. i play for competition, and i got legendary. But i would never make thread if i aint got it dropped

Coz i dont feel i need to make another *blizzard ruined* post we got so many these days. its just not smart.
    if we got so many of them maybe there is a problem? you arent going to see the problem though as it seems like your a lucky guy, congratulations or should i say well played?

Op sound like a spoiled kid. Can't imagine him having more than 14, 15 years.