Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fire mage ilvl breakpoints

Hi. As someone who isn't familiar with how to run sims and stuff like that, I'm constantly running into a problem ingame at the moment. I struggle to know when an item is calculated to be an upgrade for me. For example, these are raw numbers I just come up with...:

Last night I got a new cloak with: (again, numers made up)

1000stam 1000int 1000versa 250haste. Ilvl 875.

My old cloak had these stats

900stam 900int 900crit 200haste. Ilvl 850.

At what point as a fire mage does the higher ilvl gear become better even though it has way worse stats? Is there a rule of thumb that you guys use, alone the lines "swap the item no matter the stats if it's 10 ilvls higher than what you have".

This is becoming a problem, since this titanforged/warforged thing is a major aspect of gearing this xpac. Thanks for any input!
    Last edited by Muckey; 2016-10-02 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muckey View Post
    Is there a rule of thumb that you guys use, alone the lines "swap the item no matter the stats if it's 10 ilvls higher than what you have".
    No. Sim your char for stat weights, input said weights into the addon Pawn, and it will tell you what's an upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

As stated in the ingress; I dont know how to use sims and I dont find correct pawn strings since different ppl say different stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    No. Sim your char for stat weights, input said weights into the addon Pawn, and it will tell you what's an upgrade.
    Clearly you have an issue reading what people post as he clearly says he struggles using sims.

OP have you heard of a site called 'ask mr robot' ? It's very very easy to use and will easily tell you what's worth upgrading to or not

As stated in the ingress; I dont know how to use sims and I dont find correct pawn strings since different ppl say different stuff.
    There's plenty of hand-hold guides that show you how.

The only other answers you will get here will be unoptimal. But w/e, just equip the highest ilvl piece every time and have a good time.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Granit I dont force you to reply. If you feel obligated to tell me you are a better WoW player - please move along now that you are done. I asked for help for a reason. Thanks.

Fragga - Oh thanks mate. I thought that site required paymeny? But seems not, when I took a quick glance at it. Will try it out. Is it updaterad for recent patch and numbers?

Lmao. I'm offering the best advice I got. Not my fault it's not the advice you want.

Deleted
    Read this: https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=4&t=2611
    There are things like: Atwhich iLevel you can reduce crit etc.

As well as stat prority. Just take a Calculator and calculate it for yourself
    Int * scaling + second stat * scaling + second stat * scaling.
    Then you just put on the item with the higher value.

There's plenty of hand-hold guides that show you how.

The only other answers you will get here will be unoptimal. But w/e, just equip the highest ilvl piece every time and have a good time.
    I love it when randoms get angry when they think people are "doing it wrong". OMG, you are sooooo being UNoptimal. Just have a good time man. HAVE A GOOD TIME MAN!!!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

ArcadeBit - Oh it's actually that simple? I'll give it a shot then! Thanks a lot mate. Will dig into that altered-time guide at once. Thanks again for being helpful mate!

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I love it when randoms get angry when they think people are "doing it wrong". OMG, you are sooooo being UNoptimal. Just have a good time man. HAVE A GOOD TIME MAN!!!.
    I'm not angry. I tried to provide the correct advice, it got shut down. I tried to leave the thread but you keep giving me notifications so /shrug.

Deleted
    Hi. As someone who isn't familiar with how to run sims and stuff like that, I'm constantly running into a problem ingame at the moment. I struggle to know when an item is calculated to be an upgrade for me. For example, these are raw numbers I just come up with...:

Last night I got a new cloak with: (again, numers made up)

1000stam 1000int 1000versa 250haste. Ilvl 875.

My old cloak had these stats

900stam 900int 900crit 200haste. Ilvl 850.

At what point as a fire mage does the higher ilvl gear become better even though it has way worse stats? Is there a rule of thumb that you guys use, alone the lines "swap the item no matter the stats if it's 10 ilvls higher than what you have".

This is becoming a problem, since this titanforged/warforged thing is a major aspect of gearing this xpac. Thanks for any input!
    I'm sorry but you need to learn to use Simcraft. There are plenty of very concise guides on how to use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    I'm sorry but you need to learn to use Simcraft. There are plenty of very concise guides on how to use it.
    No you really don't, for 90% for the players it is complete overkill. Just knowing your stat priority and breakpoints (usually haste) is enough. And at this Moment simcraft isn't working very well with a lot of trinkets because of missing data (does it scale with RoP, haste, crit, oh this is fire damage, does it work with our lvl 35-54 artifact trait etc.).

It is like asking for the next gas station and someone tells you, you should make your own gas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    No you really don't, for 90% for the players it is complete overkill. Just knowing your stat priority and breakpoints (usually haste) is enough. And at this Moment simcraft isn't working very well with a lot of trinkets because of missing data (does it scale with RoP, haste, crit, oh this is fire damage, does it work with our lvl 35-54 artifact trait etc.).

It is like asking for the next gas station and someone tells you, you should make your own gas.
    I'm sorry, I just don't agree with this.

If you care about optimizing stuff, which the OP clearly does, there's no reason not to go the extra step and use Simcraft. It's not like it's a massive ordeal either. Simming your character takes 5 minutes total.

Also, you can't accurately know your stat priorities without simming them, because they change depending on your own level of gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not angry. I tried to provide the correct advice, it got shut down. I tried to leave the thread but you keep giving me notifications so /shrug.
    Nah while you may not be mad a majority of your post have the passive aggressive elitist tone. Also anyone with a shit midfielder as their pic/name should be ignored regardless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    I'm sorry, I just don't agree with this.

If you care about optimizing stuff, which the OP clearly does, there's no reason not to go the extra step and use Simcraft. It's not like it's a massive ordeal either. Simming your character takes 5 minutes total.

Also, you can't accurately know your stat priorities without simming them, because they change depending on your own level of gear.
    while simcraft is a great tool for optimization you also need to take it with a grain of salt as well, keep in mind its a simulation with the best possible parametres based on a fight that doesnt exists, its not a simulation of you playing an actual in-game encounter where you get various debuffs, good/bad rng etc., it is however the best tool we have for optimizing ourselves as it gives us a theoretical way to min/max outselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawwrz View Post
    Nah while you may not be mad a majority of your post have the passive aggressive elitist tone. Also anyone with a shit midfielder as their pic/name should be ignored regardless.
    Didn't cost 90million so guess he must be shit :/

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    while simcraft is a great tool for optimization you also need to take it with a grain of salt as well, keep in mind its a simulation with the best possible parametres based on a fight that doesnt exists, its not a simulation of you playing an actual in-game encounter where you get various debuffs, good/bad rng etc., it is however the best tool we have for optimizing ourselves as it gives us a theoretical way to min/max outselves.
    None of that is relevant to finding stat weights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    None of that is relevant to finding stat weights.
    it is bcoz your stat weights change based on the situation you're in, also as i wrote, simcraft doesnt generate stat weights based on a specific encounter but rather sim you in the best possible situation, meaning you should always take the sims with a grain of salt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't cost 90million so guess he must be shit :/
    Who said anything about Pogba. Slow, emotional issues, lack of goals just to name a few. Overpriced/overrated just like Shaqiri. I'd rather waste 90mill on Pogba then a slow hot head who can't back track who can occasionally play a diagonal ball for 34mll. But hey enjoy the top 4 and yearly CL exit