Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Can some of the Blizzard defender please answer this:

Why are they not responding anymore to a 91 page thread?
    All they have to do: "No worries everything is working as intended and we are closing the thread now".

You know exactly they can't do that because it isn't fixed. There seems to be multiple issues with their RNG systems all across legion and confirmed by the devs.
    got a link to that thread?

Watching streamer FinalBossTV tonight, running mythic +'s with his guildmates, Death Knight got a legendary to drop, then had another drop for him within about 2 hours of the first. Just another data point to add to this.

For reference, 2nd legendary drops around 5:27:50 in this VOD https://www.twitch.tv/finalbosstv/v/92699359

guild has seen 5 today. wth

Quote Originally Posted by nephilim522 View Post
    Watching streamer FinalBossTV tonight, running mythic +'s with his guildmates, Death Knight got a legendary to drop, then had another drop for him within about 2 hours of the first. Just another data point to add to this.
    Random is random, even with SOME tweaks. There are people out there that won the big price on lottery multiple times. That's doesn't make the lottery less random or fake... It's the same fucking shit that people complain since forever. The mount drop rage against RNG is well known... I knew this retarded shit would happen when they've announced this random legendary "fabulous feature". It's like they are asking for the community to get all retarded again.

7+ Year Old Account
    i just ran with finalbosstv in a mythic+
    one of his guildies got 2 legendaries in 2 hours...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    <A germane and sane post>
    One of the few rational posts here. Well done.

the odds for getting 4 legendaries within 4 consecutive days is 15%^3 = 0.34%.
    You should note that's the probability under your assumptions for 4 specific days only. In reality, over the duration of the availability of the items in question (that is, that some consecutive 4 days since then will have a 4-run), it's considerably higher, around 1.2% using your assumptions.

Not at all that rare.

There is much of the (expected among a lay audience) naïveté regarding random systems and their behavior here in the thread (e.g. that someone getting 4 and getting them all in 4 consecutive days since launch has exactly the same probability as getting 4 since launch in any order seems to elude most here).

You post shows reason and rationality. Bravo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim522 View Post

For reference, 2nd legendary drops around 5:27:50 in this VOD https://www.twitch.tv/finalbosstv/v/92699359
    lol hey :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    ive had 100% garrison missions fail in this game.
    Guaranteed you say?
    its called a visual bug... you dont actuallty have 100, you have less but it rounds up, and also sometimes it says you fail but you still get the reward
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Can some of the Blizzard defender please answer this:

Why are they not responding anymore to a 91 page thread?
    All they have to do: "No worries everything is working as intended and we are closing the thread now".

You know exactly they can't do that because it isn't fixed. There seems to be multiple issues with their RNG systems all across legion and confirmed by the devs.
    I'm not especially a Blizzard defender but I wouldn't be surprised if they always intended the 2nd+ Legendary to drop sooner. The fact that you were much more likely doesn't mean that they didn't always plan on it being more likely.

In the long run, we all have one legendary and getting more does little damage to the game but increases the chance that we actually get one we want. In short, getting legendaries faster after the first could be working as intended.

Deleted
    This is fucking hilarous. Another RNG™ system by Blizzard is broken and people defend blizzard's RNG saying RNG is RNG. I mean that's new level of stupid but it changes nothing, people will still defend them like the obedient, blind peons. Keep saying rng is rng people, you just make bugs not getting fixed fast because blizzard dismisses them like you do. Good work everyone, proud of ya.

Why does it have to be RNG? I understand IRL is RNG. But this is a game that can be completely controlled. Maximum effort should mean maximum reward. Small effort should mean small reward. Why is that a bad thing? If someone is willing to put in the time. Reward them. Every day we make decisions based on ROI. Tell us what the ROI is so we can make an educated decision. If RNG is so low that everything is just pure luck then I can at least decide to do something else. If the percentages are such that playing ever day 16 hours a day will statistically garner me a legendary after a month then let me decide that too.

In the midst of all the white knighting of blizzard's failed legendary system, there are already people with upwards of 6 legendaries or more.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    In the midst of all the white knighting of blizzard's failed legendary system, there are already people with upwards of 6 legendaries or more.
    And on the other end of the spectrum there are people with no legendaries, gear with only the wrong secondary stats and only one good relic in their weapon because of RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    And on the other end of the spectrum there are people with no legendaries, gear with only the wrong secondary stats and only one good relic in their weapon because of RNG.
    Thats the thing. I saw a fire mage yesterday, he had the aoe legendary head equipped, but also had the ring and the bracers.

He also had a 880 Mythic+3 titanforged ring with crit and mastery.

What do you think that mage will do in comparison to an unlucky sob that put the same effort in? Like 30% more come 10 days from now, its absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    "But but but RNG is RNG, you should be rewarded by luck not skill."
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    "These people don't agree with my point of view that this system is shit, so they are white knighting, because people can't have an oppinion that differs from mine!"
    Did i get this right?

You may not like the system, but MMOs have always been based around RNG. The only ways to design an MMO to last is to make it RNG or to have a really long grind that gives you 100% reward at the end, or people will get everything they need in no time and feel like there is no way to progress their character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    "These people don't agree with my point of view that this system is shit, so they are white knighting, because people can't have an oppinion that differs from mine!"
    Did i get this right?

You may not like the system, but MMOs have always been based around RNG. The only ways to design an MMO to last is to make it RNG or to have a really long grind that gives you 100% reward at the end, or people will get everything they need in no time and feel like there is no way to progress their character.
    If you do RNG system at least be sure it's working because as we've seen twice now - it doesn't work first time they create it. It kinda defeats the purpose if you hide behind RNG that's broken. But that's just my opinion :v

Deleted
    Let's all be honest and accept the fact that especially for DPS players, some of the legendaries are a really huge deal. They can add 50-100k more dps to your current dps depending on the fight.

Do you really honestly believe that having such powerful items on an RNG basis is logical and fair? If so, why?

For me, it is really frustrating, not because I am getting out dps'd by one of the lucky guys who got a legendary, but the uncertainty that when I will get one and which one I will get (because some of them are absolute garbage) is the main reason that it's frustrating. I am grinding the shit out of mythic+ dungeons, most of them being 3 chest, and also doing heroic and normal EN, however I've got nothing so far.

For most of us who hasn't gotten a legendary yet, uncertainty is the main issue. And yes, most dps players love to compete for the top rankings which is completely understandable, and as a natural result, they get upset when worse players are out dpsing them simply because they were lucky enough to get their hands on their BiS legendaries.

Its RNG, the fix was implemented

Take for example this, In 10 years of raiding, I've seen one epic world drop, one epic dungeon drop.

Saturday I was asked to join a raid team - que power leveling a new character and que....

Moment before logging off on my main - 103 BoE cloth helm drops,
    hours later on new char

Epic sword drops in ST
    Next run - BRD lower - Epic drops
    Next run - Strath epic drops
    Next run - BRD upper - Epic drop
    Next run - Strath (higher level) Baron drops the 2h epic sword.

I still can't believe it, all of them literally in 2 hours

Deleted
    Sometimes I feel like pseudo-random (I think that's what it's called) would be better, like every time you don't get a thing like legendary or the mount from LK your chances goes up by a certain procent to get it next time, but then again, it wouldn't feel as awesome to finally get the drop when it's pretty much guarantied after a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredy View Post
    Sometimes I feel like pseudo-random (I think that's what it's called) would be better, like every time you don't get a thing like legendary or the mount from LK your chances goes up by a certain procent to get it next time, but then again, it wouldn't feel as awesome to finally get the drop when it's pretty much guarantied after a while.
    Or you know, create like I don't know, this is crazy idea - consistent system that you can work towards and the harder you work towards it the better reward you get? People would say "too much grind"? Like farming mythic+ all day for a rng drop isn't grind. At least you have controll over it, not like with rng that they aren't even sure if it's working correctly and twice already it wasn't working at all or was working in a total opposite way that was intended. I mean my idea is crazy, that means someone has to create something, that requires work. Putting everything into RNG is easy, it's lazy but it's easy, just make everything rng and stall as long as you can before userbase catches on that you have no intention of creating content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Its RNG, the fix was implemented
    I'd love to share you optimism, if only blizz was capable of doing anything right - http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...9186982?page=1 they admited they have no idea how this got past QA. Do you really believe they're competent of fixing anything if they deliver broken after broken systems? That's huge amount of faith on your side