Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardeth View Post
    Dont understand why you're being thought of as some form of authority on this. The only people that know are blizzard. Your suggestions are not proved neither are mine. They are mere suggestions.
    I don't have to work for Blizzard to understand how the gearing works.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    We don't know how the system works. But if we assume that it gives you a stacking "buff" that increases your chance of receiving a legendary by 1% per stack then you could have 1000 stacks of that buff and still not have a guaranteed drop.

If the droprate of a legendary is 1% and you have 1000 stacks of this hypothetical buff then your chance of receiving a legendary would only be 10%
    Yeah most likely it works a lot like Diablo does, since you can have 200, 300, 400% magic/gold/torment bonuses which clearly exceed 100% yet aren't a guarantee because it's 400% of your original super low chance.

Problem is that RNG gives a massive boost to your ilv so those random ilv bumps are also skewing the ilv requirements for mythic+ in the lfg tool.

Not to mention the difference in performance attributed to an RNG drop.

It's a shitty system made to draw out subs, it's that simple. They've been going this route with legendaries for a while, but this is egregious because unlike previous legendaries, everyone is NOT gaining these legendaries under similar time scales.

And what's worse, the legendary they may eventually get can be total trash compared to the others people got.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-10-03 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't have to work for Blizzard to understand how the gearing works.

Yeah most likely it works a lot like Diablo does, since you can have 200, 300, 400% magic/gold/torment bonuses which clearly exceed 100% yet aren't a guarantee because it's 400% of your original super low chance.
    You dont KNOW, you suppose. As do i. Its a supposition not a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Problem is that RNG gives a massive boost to your ilv so those random ilv bumps are also skewing the ilv requirements for mythic+ in the lfg tool.
    Make your own group. Every single mythic group I've started requires 830 and so far they've all been great.

You dont KNOW, you suppose. As do i. Its a supposition not a fact.
    Stop arguing ridiculous semantics. Blizzard has made it clear it's a random chance. It's fairly obvious how that random chance works; I've designed my own random systems plenty of times over the last 17 years as a software engineer.

(old dilbert cartoon that pretty much sums up my feelings on rng

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I got Rivendare's mount on my first run many, many years ago so this is the tax I have to pay for having such luck.

It was bound to happen sooner or later.
    I have over 500 kills on rivendare but I have my BiS legendary, so there's your validation
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    I have over 500 kills on rivendare but I have my BiS legendary, so there's your validation
    Man that one took me forever. So did Invincible; took years. However, I got Ashes in 31 kills and Fiery Warhorse in like 2. I also picked up all of the Fireland's mounts in like 10 runs.

But damn if I can't get a legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Make your own group. Every single mythic group I've started requires 830 and so far they've all been great.

Stop arguing ridiculous semantics. Blizzard has made it clear it's a random chance. It's fairly obvious how that random chance works; I've designed my own random systems plenty of times over the last 17 years as a software engineer.
    So because they say something it's true? You simply put blind trust in a company? Your experience as a software engineer designing random systems is fairly irrelevant unless it was on this specific system. Maybe they thought they had fixed it and didn't have the heart to own up to the fact they hadn't actually fixed it when they realized.

10+ Year Old Account
    So because they say something it's true? You simply put blind trust in a company? Your experience as a software engineer designing random systems is fairly irrelevant unless it was on this specific system. Maybe they thought they had fixed it and didn't have the heart to own up to the fact they hadn't actually fixed it when they realized.
    I think we're talking about two different things.

I've already acknowledged that I don't know if the bug is truly fixed. I've said before only Blizzard can say it is or isn't. Anecdotal evidence isn't worth much, though I should point out all 3 people in my guild with legendaries have not yet seen a second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    lmao me butthurt i didnt make the thread im just laughing at everyone who believes everything that blizzard tells them. I could care less i have zero legendarys. Blizzard was not even aware of a bug in the code that was increasing ppls chances to get another legendary instead of decreasing it. How is it random if the code gave you a better chance to get more legendarys?
    A 1 in 100 chance or a 50 in 100 chance is still random...
    I think you need to look up what the word "random" means. It's doesn't mean "small chance".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ablock View Post
    "RNG is RNG" is such a faulty cop out for engaging in this discussion, it's absurd.

I feel like this issue will only grow louder in the coming days/weeks. Blizzard has to address this again somehow.
    Even if people's chance to get a legendary increased with 60% after their first legendary, it's still random. Learn words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    I got 2 legs in 4 days, it's rng guys, just spam m+ or hero.
    Well, one can't spam m+ - and I've spammed everything else for >200 hours with no legendaries.

My assumption is that I just won't get them.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    A 1 in 100 chance or a 50 in 100 chance is still random...
    I think you need to look up what the word "random" means. It's doesn't mean "small chance".
    Analysis of random stuff is statistics, and you can do some statistics on things.

If the chance of you getting a legendary is 0.1% per day, then someone getting 3 legendaries in 3 days has a 99% chance of being a bug or some other non RNG effect in a population of 10 million characters. However in that same population getting 2 legendaries in 2 days would likely happen 10 or more times.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You can if you're carrying people through their keystone runs.
    I can't even get a single M+ run, healers wanting to do them are so rare. That's life - won't stop me doing other stuff, like raiding and things.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just got my first last night so it's working as intended. RNG is RNG. Since no one knows what the bad luck protection percentage or formula actually is it's kinda ridiculous to speculate whether something is broken or not.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Then I got some real hardcold evidence against it, I got my legendary bracers 7 days into Legion. The first in the guild, to obtain a legendary item. I have not recieved a single other other after that, and that was while the so called bugg was live.

The first two weeks I cleared every Mythic dungeon, and did HC dungeon spam while doing pretty much every WQ there was. In other words - a TON of dungeons those two weeks, which in the end gave me one legnedary.

Then the m+ dungeons was released, me and 3 friends did m+ pretty much all day every day for a week, boosting people with keys. The next week we boosted people again. Not a single legendary. I have also cleared EN on both Normal and HC both weeks.

So there you go, evidence vs evidence. In the end it is only words vs words.

Rng works as it have always done, some are lucky some are not. Though that bugg was a bitch, though not working for me. It is rather impossible to tell if they fixed it or not though, as luck can be a bitch. I got a mage in my guild that have recieved 3 legendaries, all after the so called bugg was fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    So there you go, evidence vs evidence.
    Must have missed the evidence 1 or 2 legendaries is statistically reasonable, 3 or 4 in 3 or 4 days is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Then I got some real hardcold evidence against it, I got my legendary bracers 7 days into Legion. The first in the guild, to obtain a legendary item. I have not recieved a single other other after that, and that was while the so called bugg was live.

The first two weeks I cleared every Mythic dungeon, and did HC dungeon spam while doing pretty much every WQ there was. In other words - a TON of dungeons those two weeks, which in the end gave me one legnedary.

Then the m+ dungeons was released, me and 3 friends did m+ pretty much all day every day for a week, boosting people with keys. The next week we boosted people again. Not a single legendary. I have also cleared EN on both Normal and HC both weeks.

So there you go, evidence vs evidence. In the end it is only words vs words.

Rng works as it have always done, some are lucky some are not. Though that bugg was a bitch, though not working for me. It is rather impossible to tell if they fixed it or not though, as luck can be a bitch. I got a mage in my guild that have recieved 3 legendaries, all after the so called bugg was fixed.
    It's bug, by the way, there aren't two g's

I don't know, I mean, anecdotal evidence isn't really much. The only thing that could tell us for sure is if someone had access to the code and could point out what seems like a bug with it, or if Blizzard says it's still there. They claim it was fixed, and since they're the ones that actually built the game...

Our Guild is split, half the guild has 2, 3 and 4 and the other half has none. I'm pretty positive that this has not been fixed. (I have 2 although 2 crappy PVP ones).

Deleted
    Bump, another friend of mine just got their first two days ago, then got the second on the same day.

That's the third person I know in that situation personally, and i'm an anti-social fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I just got my first last night so it's working as intended. RNG is RNG. Since no one knows what the bad luck protection percentage or formula actually is it's kinda ridiculous to speculate whether something is broken or not.
    So it was ridiculous the first time we questioned it and they confirmed it was broken? Ok then.