1000 different world quests?

This is not a rage thread, I do not want to flame, I am having incredible fun ingame at the moment

I was just wondering - If I remember correctly Blizzard said that they currently have "around 1000" different worldquests. Yet when I log in, I have nearly the same quests every day. They were repating right from day one. Not all of them mind you, but there are some that spawn at least every 2 days.
    I KNOW that even with 1000 potential WQs that they will repeat themself at one point, but again, there are quests that I've done more than 10 times already (hello @Collecting Grizzly Livers and Hippo Eggs...) and I am not even sure if this is intended.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    No they never said that. "Around 200" was used though.

Yeah idk. I know I've crushed nuts at least 3/4 times as a WQ since launch.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I see the same ones, but more like every 2-3 days. Don't get me wrong, I'm not clearing all of the quests everyday or anything so they may as well be there. But, I feel the system mixes it up that I am not bored with the Rep grind and I have fun doing the quests. That's all I can ask for really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard the 1000 number as well, but I'm not sure where I heard it.

There definitely are NOT 1000 right now. It's possible that the 1000 number includes world quests that aren't pushed to live content yet, as we know more factions and stuff are coming in future patches.

A quick search on Wowhead shows 379 world quests, and that includes the prof quests (only some of which are available to you depending on your professions), and pet battles in the Broken Isles.

have to remember that
    there is faction specific
    alot are locked behind suramar so yeah if you dont have that
    there is also the dungeon, and world boss ones, that spawn insanly uncommon
    and ones like "capture the warden tower" there is like 4 per zone, and each one is a differant quest
    so there may be just barly 1k, but nah blizz has only ever said "around 200"

Deleted
    TBH even if there were 10000 I would always hope there is just that single dude to kill and being done. Or any other version of "fast being done". I like boss and group boss wqs a lot more than all other - finally doing a full rotation? Great!

These "gather chipmunks" quests are the hardest ingame currently. I always skip them

They have said there are 1000s. But the are grouped up together and it the groups of WQs are picked randomly every reset

Would be nice if there were a few more, I do most of the WQ and get the same a lot. I've done the assault on Hrydshal more than 10 times already.

Did they say that there were thousands? I recall them saying there were 200 or so that rotate. Either way, there's always going to be repetition.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    This is not a rage thread, I do not want to flame, I am having incredible fun ingame at the moment

I was just wondering - If I remember correctly Blizzard said that they currently have "around 1000" different worldquests. Yet when I log in, I have nearly the same quests every day. They were repating right from day one. Not all of them mind you, but there are some that spawn at least every 2 days.
    I KNOW that even with 1000 potential WQs that they will repeat themself at one point, but again, there are quests that I've done more than 10 times already (hello @Collecting Grizzly Livers and Hippo Eggs...) and I am not even sure if this is intended.
    Everyday i find a handful of new\fresh\different quests, but some repeat a lot (Squirrels, Su'esh, etc). I don't mind though

Not, they never said there were thousands (at least as far as I know), but I am 96% sure I head that they said "We've got 1000 different world quests atm and it is easy to add more" in an interview. But no, I have no source, I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Everyday i find a handful of new\fresh\different quests, but some repeat a lot (Squirrels, Su'esh, etc). I don't mind though
    I think we can all thank the blizzard overlords for changing Su'esh's kill %. Now if only they can decrease the # of squirrels needed...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post

Yeah they did say that in one of the interviews. What kinda pissed me off was that many WQ's were just quests we did while leveling. I expected them to be new, unique quests. But I got over that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    TBH even if there were 10000 I would always hope there is just that single dude to kill and being done. Or any other version of "fast being done". I like boss and group boss wqs a lot more than all other - finally doing a full rotation? Great!

These "gather chipmunks" quests are the hardest ingame currently. I always skip them
    Save the furries! I'm thankful there's no Marmot hunting quests this time around.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to be able to stop PvP and pet battle quests from appearing, that bothers me more than having repeat quests.

Would need to be toggle-able somehow though, because people might change their minds later.