Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The only thing that could tell us for sure is if someone had access to the code and could point out what seems like a bug with it, or if Blizzard says it's still there.
    The latest Dark Legacy comic resonates with many people - that uses the same RNG feed that everything else does.

I suspect the problem could be deep down in their RNG feeder, not in the legendary itself.

That might explain the difficulty in fixing it easily, and possibly why they are not ready to admit such an all encompassing bug.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogol View Post
    So it was ridiculous the first time we questioned it and they confirmed it was broken? Ok then.
    Maybe we're supposed to receive our 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th legendary faster once the first one has been obtained. The bug they fixed were people getting 4 or 5 in one day once they had their first legendary.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The latest Dark Legacy comic resonates with many people - that uses the same RNG feed that everything else does.

I suspect the problem could be deep down in their RNG feeder, not in the legendary itself.

That might explain the difficulty in fixing it easily, and possibly why they are not ready to admit such an all encompassing bug.

Somewhat true, a lot of (not all) developers have a tendency to ignore some bugs and issues unless they know how to fix it, as to not reflect the effect it may be having on the game to the entire community.

It's still possible this is just RNG being weird, but at this point, I severely doubt it, personally.

10+ Year Old Account

That is one randomizer I would love to change. Man, I've actually had it go that way, where it just wanted me to jump on the stupid thing every time.

I can't even get a single M+ run, healers wanting to do them are so rare. That's life - won't stop me doing other stuff, like raiding and things.
    The ppl that are spamming M+ ofcourse setup their own groups with tank / healer / 2 dps that can get 3 chests out of a +2 / +3 keystone with the person they carry not even contributing, which btw seems to be a very good source for legendaries, icy has a interview with the (i think) GL of Limit, first US guild atm, and basicly he said that before the raids and Mythic+ opened 2 weeks ago around 4 ppl in that guild had a legendary, after a week of M+ grinding everyone in their roster or nearly everyone in their roster had atleast 1, and mostly 2 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    The ppl that are spamming M+ ofcourse setup their own groups with tank / healer / 2 dps that can get 3 chests out of a +2 / +3 keystone with the person they carry not even contributing, which btw seems to be a very good source for legendaries, icy has a interview with the (i think) GL of Limit, first US guild atm, and basicly he said that before the raids and Mythic+ opened 2 weeks ago around 4 ppl in that guild had a legendary, after a week of M+ grinding everyone in their roster or nearly everyone in their roster had atleast 1, and mostly 2 or more.
    I've had my own keystones... all disappeared unused. If you aren't lucky enough to be in a regular group, then you have more chance at a legendary than a M+ run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It'd be so easy to make it choose a new option every time too...
    That's a perfect place for a card shuffle algorithm, but I suspect they just do a 'random' pick each time.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post

This. Is. Not. RNG.
    Actually, that's the very definition of RNG.

If a legendary was guaranteed to drop, say 0.5% of the time in a chest (which it isn't), you'd have to see 10,000 chests before you have a 50/50 chance of having seen one. That's the way it would be if the chests were the only sources of legendaries.

Now lets say, you start off at a 0.02% chance of getting a legendary from any one chest and each time you fail to get one, you get that number boosted by 0.02% chance. That's 250 chests opened to reach the 50/50 chance of a legendary from a chest. Again, that's just an if the system works from chests only.

At the end of the day, there is some behind the scenes RNG calculations going on that are down into the thousandths, if not ten or hundred thousandths of a percent per kill / loot chance / whatever that is in place to protect against exactly what you are seeing, which is nothing but horrible RNG. It's as simple as that, just bad luck RNG.

Its not fun to fight a broken system tho.
    It's also not fun to have, basically a timer, where "If you just do X, you'll get reward Y after so many tries!" If they're going that route, they might as well just scrap the entire gear system and just add a check mark on an invisible table that boosts your stats after you do whatever so many times.

At the end of the day, you're just upset that you don't have a legendary while others do. Yes, there was a bug that made it so people that had 1 had a better chance of getting 2. Yes, that bug has been fixed. No, those people aren't leagues ahead of you because at the end of the day, they can only equip one for at least another week and a half. If someone got a third legendary, good for them; they have amazing luck when it comes to RNG, but that's it. It's not a broken system, just a completely random one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's pretty apparent that they just do a /roll 4 and whichever number pops it tells you to do that.
    And I get 5 x 1 every time I go

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Yes, that bug has been fixed.
    The evidence shows that it hasn't, or that the 'bug' is intended.

There is clearly a non random effect at play in distribution of the legendaries, that's just basic maths.

The only question is - intended, or unintended.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Seeing it happen to multiple people myself who own legendary items already, I believe there's still a problem with their system.

But hey, I can't prove it's just not insane RNG.
    yep. our one mage got his second on last night. the guy hardly ever plays, had been gone a few weeks, back an hour and bam. yet we have other players fully maxed on reps, always locked out on mythic dungeons, doing mythic plus dungeons, not missing raids and nada. hard to stomach.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Must have missed the evidence 1 or 2 legendaries is statistically reasonable, 3 or 4 in 3 or 4 days is not.
    Guess you missed the point. OPs post was just words, trying to claim that the fix was pure BS because he and his friends haven't obtained a legendary after a ton of hard work. So I gave him the same kind of evidence, words, my story about how it 'works'.

In the end it is all put down to one thing - RNG, which is pure random luck. It can be a 99 to 100 chance to get a legendary, and still people wouldn't obtain one.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    In the end it is all put down to one thing - RNG, which is pure random luck. It can be a 99 to 100 chance to get a legendary, and still people wouldn't obtain one.
    Guess you missed the point.

RNG is governed by statistics... it is still maths.

One can determine the likelyhood of someone getting 4 legendaries in 5 days (as people have) and determine that it is almost certainly NOT true RNG.

If you roll a dice 1000 times and it never comes up as a 6, you can be pretty damn certain (maths can determine how certain) that the dice is faulty.

Guess you missed the point.

RNG is governed by statistics... it is still maths.

One can determine the likelyhood of someone getting 4 legendaries in 5 days (as people have) and determine that it is almost certainly NOT true RNG.

If you roll a dice 1000 times and it never comes up as a 6, you can be pretty damn certain (maths can determine how certain) that the dice is faulty.
    Luck isn't just math. Sure the chance of it to happen increases the more you do it, but there is still not a 100% chance to get that 6 even after 1000 rolls.

In the end, luck is luck. And if you are super unlucky you won't get it, simple as that.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

but there is still not a 100% chance to get that 6 even after 1000 rolls.
    I suspect you don't, and never will understand statistics - so I'll give up trying to train you.

Just accept there is still a problem - and move on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I just got my first last night so it's working as intended. RNG is RNG. Since no one knows what the bad luck protection percentage or formula actually is it's kinda ridiculous to speculate whether something is broken or not.
    So by your logic any and all speculation is rediculous?

42 pages lol wtf. Yes, it is rng. End of thread.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    I dono if it's RNG or just plain broken but I have had my raid leader drop a legendary, re-roll the same day to another tank class and drop another legendary within 48 hours on the second toon, everyone else in my guild who has got a legendary since the fix went in is also someone who already had one with a single exception.

I opened every treasure and killed every elite in the broken shore the week things were supposedly bugged so I accept I'm SOL on that but I have also ran mythic+'s pretty much none stop every day for the 16days played I have since launch, I dont feel too salty about the fact I dont have a legendary I'm more scared about getting a bad one since as a Rogue only the ravenhold one is worth a damn.

I do think there may still be an issue tho.

http://imgur.com/ibyF4G

This guy 3 legendary on the same day, its totally fixed.

I suspect you don't, and never will understand statistics - so I'll give up trying to train you.

Just accept there is still a problem - and move on
    So you're trying to tell me that after you do something enough, the chance to get it increases to 100%. Why don't every one have legendaries by now then? Because after your logic, a guild mate of mine, who have run m+ pretty much all day every day as a healer (aka getting into groups instant) should have obtained a legendary by now.

Oh wait, RNG is RNG.

I don't understand why defenders of "RNG" always need to resort to extreme cases to defend their example. Yes, it's possible that you'll never roll a 6 when you roll a die 100 times. However, it is so unlikely that -IT WARRANTS- checking the die. It also doesn't help that Blizzard openly admitted that they had a bug where the protection was only working for people who have obtained their first legendary, and that they have fixed it. The problem? Once you know something has been broken it is hard to convince people that it is actually fixed.

I'm not actually taking a side here on whether it is fixed or not, but telling people "RNG is RNG" when the system WAS broken at one point, using very polar examples, isn't very convincing. Neither side of the argument actually has enough information, or the ability to conduct enough experiment, to prove or disprove, within a reasonable confidence interval, that the system is working, so why are you so adamant on calling each other wrong?

Deleted
    What you and others don't seem to grasp that occurences of quite a few players hardly playing getting 1 or 2 legendaries while a lot of players playing a ton get none, players getting 4-5 within a couple of days etc. are not pure RNG (in the sense of every activity has a chance of X to drop a legendary). If it happens once or twice within a population of millions of players? Sure, can happen. But it happens somewhat regularly.

The legenaries in my guild are equally distributed between players with 2-3 days played who only do WQs and players who have 12+ days played with upwards of 50 mythic+ chests, more than 2 fullraid clears etc. This could be RNG if we only had 3 or 4 in the guild (e.g. it does not really matter if the chance to get one per activity X is 1:10.000.000 or 1:1.000.000). But we have 24 legendaries now and there is zero correlation between the effort invested and players having one.

And if that is the case, I would simply like to know so we could stop pushing for something that appears to be random in the sense that you cannot influence your chances at all.
    Last edited by mmoc8b94713eb4; 2016-10-03 at 04:37 PM.