[Balance] SimCraft Stat Weights - Mastery first, Haste last ?

When I run my character through SimCraft, I get weird result concerning stat weights :

Intellect=8.08
    CritRating=6.01
    HasteRating=5.84
    MasteryRating=6.75
    Versatility=6.61

Should I follow these stats weights or did I do something wrong ?

https://binkenstein.wordpress.com/20...-stat-weights/

You probably have a lot of Haste, so the other stats are now more valuable.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    You probably have a lot of Haste, so the other stats are now more valuable.
    So I should go with these stat weights and re-sim my character once I find new pieces of gear I suppose

Make sure your talents and boss options are correct before you sim. your stat weights will also fluctuate based on the talents you have when you Sim. If you Sim pure single target (starlord, INC, BoTA, NB). Haste should be best. However if you switch up talents (say, Fure of Elune) or add an extra mob to cleave or set the fight style to something other than patchwerk it's going to skew your ratings.

Can someone link a good pawnstring for moonkins?

But people said there isn't a cap on haste?
    If so, where's the cap?

There is no cap. That doesn't mean that it is always better than other stats.

The value of gaining other secondaries increases as you get more haste

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    The value of gaining other secondaries increases as you get more haste
    When does that start happening though? Im sitting on a bunch of mastery/vis gear thats about 10-15 Ilevels higher but putting them on I go from 9300 haste to 5885

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sealtest View Post
    When does that start happening though? Im sitting on a bunch of mastery/vis gear thats about 10-15 Ilevels higher but putting them on I go from 9300 haste to 5885
    There are too many factors to give any kind of cap. The talents you're using, what your secondary stats are currently at, the trinkets you're using, legendaries you're using, etc can all factor into stat weights.

If you were to put on that higher ilevel gear and re-sim your character at 5885 haste, most definitely SimC would now weigh haste much higher. When stat weights are that close just aim for gear with haste + your next highest weighed stat, in the OP's case mastery. Remember that stat weights are not perfect because they are the weights with your current gear on.

Quote Originally Posted by sealtest View Post
    It's always the case. Increasing any one secondary increases the relative value of all others.

If you just sim your character as is, you get the weights for your current gear. It doesn't tell you what piece of gear would be good, it tells you how much better you would get if you were to get more of that stat than you already have while leaving everything else the same.

As soon as you swap gear, it no longer holds true. It's pretty much only good for deciding which enchantment and gems you want on an unenchanted/gemmed piece, and what food to use.