Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    he shouldnt have a say. he was the main reason wow sucked balls for a long time.
    This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

The things his team was in charge of, i.e. systems, improved massively during his stint, and they've been improving ever since then. WoW has been lackluster the past few expansions because of content droughts and neglecting core gameplay like 5-mans.

For all the people crying "homogenization", take off your nostalgia glasses and look at the abysmal state of class balance in Vanilla/BC. Entire specs were just complete jokes. Lolret? Oomkin? How about a warrior spending an hour autoattacking an invulnerable mob in Blasted Lands wearing Intellect gear before he could use a raid drop because weapon skills were a thing?

I bet you're the same people crying about classes being "completely non-viable" because there's a 10% variance in throughput on a patchwerk fight.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    You will forgive me, but you can't possibly think Legion is not sucking ass right now. Worst fucking expansion ever. Classes all broken, specs all broken. And Blizzard being dicks about fixing any of them quickly so that the gaming community can have fun. And not rerolling should NOT be an option. THIS EXPANSION SUCKS ASS...................PERIOD.
    I'm loving it ! Haven't played wow this much since TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You guys still don't understand that WoW has multiple developers that make decisions based on group consensus? You're just going to attribute those things directly to GC? Because that's not how it worked. That's never been how it works.

And to answer your question: GC was in the thick of things and is in an excellent position to give us information. People like to hear from the perspective of developers that work/worked on the game they love.
    i think that most of the big decision are taken by the seniors with contributions for all the other but once the guidelines are in place some thing are left to the single devs to put in it's own vision, do the guy in charge of warlock don't have some degree of freedom? Don't the guy who is in charge of reps or quests don't have some degree of freedom?

Yes they have and most of the time players see flaw not on the general guidelines but in those part of the games were devs have decided to change of implement something based on their own personal taste.

For example something small has autoflagging pvp on pve server when you go near a ffa pvp zone (even when dead or on a flying path) did you think that something so small required a meeting or that Holinka (or the senior devs in charge of those areas) decide in autonomy? Imho that was a personal decision taken by that dev based on it's own feeling and ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    The guys behind Mmo-champion are like the crazy overly attached GF that needs to know what Ghostcrawler is doing at every given time.

Honestly, he is not really relevant anymore, people have asked mmo champ countless of times to stop reporting about him, but seeing as they've got "slow news" issues pretty much 70% of the time, they got no choice but to copy some of what GC said 8D
    I would disagree and say he is very relevant. He is a developer an he shares insights into the process. He has always shared the thought process of what goes into the game design and how they come up with things. I think a number of folks just don't like him for X reason and so they don't won't to hear anything he has to say.

I'm indifferent, I've always read what he had to say with a open mind trying to understand their process, I didn't always agree, but at least I understand their thought process. But even he caveats things with "I've been our of the process for a while"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    How about a warrior spending an hour autoattacking an invulnerable mob in Blasted Lands wearing Intellect gear before he could use a raid drop because weapon skills were a thing?
    This is not only a great point but it made me smile so hard because I remember seeing a guy doing *exactly* that once, and being completely befuddled by it as a noob, until he explained it to me. A perfect illustration of how so many things have changed in WoW, and thanks for the memory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    You've been here since 2010, you have almost 16k posts (nerd), and yet you seem to think that people care?
    Man, you must've not been reading the front page comments then, LUL.
    Doesn't really make me a nerd. And following only one page of comments doesn't provide you with the full picture. There ARE apparently people asking questions about various subjects on his twitter, among them being WoW. Of course, as I have said before, his replies might be outdated but they can still be considered relevant to some, just like making a 100th post about complaining about him. All falls in a catagory of some sort of audience - and seems to me, he has audience too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    He and the wrath team with their hard-headed inexperienced stance are responsible for the disaster wow has become.

LFD and homogenization are the reasons for the decimation of server communities and the near console game we have now.

I despise him. He needs to go away, he thankfully is no longer employed by Action Blizzard. Sadly, long after the mess he made remains.

Fuck You Greg Street.
    Yeah, no. This is just you wanting to target a small group out of a bigger group.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Then unsub and stop playing it, and stop posting on a WoW fan site forum.

When you become my mom then I will do whatever you want. Until then Fuck Off. You nor anyone else will tell me what do. I am only playing this expansion cause my best friend wanted me in her guild for raiding..........and o yeah this expansion still sucks. With this comment here this is the last thing I will post on this topic. Have a Good Day.

IMHO WoW has gone downhill since he left, and that can't be his fault.

When you become my mom then I will do whatever you want. Until then Fuck Off. You nor anyone else will tell me what do. I am only playing this expansion cause my best friend wanted me in her guild for raiding..........and o yeah this expansion still sucks. With this comment here this is the last thing I will post on this topic. Have a Good Day.
    Surely it's not healthy to continue playing something you don't enjoy though? Sounds silly. I stopped because I wasn't enjoying myself and forcing myself to try is not a healthy attitude imo. Wouldn't you rather play WoW because you enjoy the game rather than play it because you feel like it's a commitment?

10+ Year Old Account
    People might understand if you actually said why instead of just bitching.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I've made a thread about this ages ago. It's ridiculous that the administrators of MMOC still give Ghostcrawler a podium. Nobody cares about his ranting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I've made a thread about this ages ago. It's ridiculous that the administrators of MMOC still give Ghostcrawler a podium. Nobody cares about his ranting.
    Bolded part that is just wrong. People actually do care, he doesn't really rant either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Pot meet kettle. . Except nobody gives you a top spot eh Rob

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    People might understand if you actually said why instead of just bitching.
    Well his name is "Aggressive". Kind of makes sense.

Its running to Dad when Mom tells you no.

Your current spec is shit, or you feel it is. I know, i'll run to Dad and try to get Dad to undermine Mom's judgement.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. He has a following amongst certain players
    2. He's willing to spill the beans on certain things that happened during his time at Blizzard, within limits, and people always like to know why a decision was made, even if it was 5 years ago
    3. He's willing to trash talk certain aspects of the game that a lot of trolls like to trash talk so they see him as a kindred spirit of sorts

Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    i'd like to know why people still ask him WoW questions and such. He was the reason for homogenization of classes' cata, MoP and WoD followed his class design structure and look at that ho turned out. So why then are people so interested in what he has to say? not to mention he has nothing to do with WoW at all (for better or for worse)
    unlike the people who think GC alone was the reason for any design things, some people are actually interested in what he has to say about wow.

Because he's a talented, smart game designer who has interesting opinions. He's was also the reason for much more communication from the Devs, which has since been reduced. This is along with the obvious fact he has a 1st person perspective on Blizzard, along with previous Blizzard design decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Ppl want him to admit something.
    He's already admitted that he spearheaded LFR and class homogenization.

But ya know... hes likes to run his mouth... so it makes front page news. Anyone notice that riot stopped posting their participation numbers ever since he started working there? The dude is cancer.

mostly because since he left blizzard has gone back to the absolute bare minimum of communication, most they do is organized and scripted interviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Because he's a talented, smart game designer who has interesting opinions. He's was also the reason for much more communication from the Devs, which has since been reduced. This is along with the obvious fact he has a 1st person perspective on Blizzard, along with previous Blizzard design decisions.
    Is he? Is he smart and talented?

Please tell us how you determined that?

What EXACTLY can you point to in WoW and/or LoL that you know for a fact (and can prove) can be attributed directly to HIM and HIS contribution(s)?

As stated above the only few things he has actually taken credit for were class homogenization (which was hated) and LFR (also hated).